[Terpelaziun] El Seneschal (Sept 5)

Started by Breneir Tzaracomprada, September 05, 2024, 07:50:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sir Txec dal Nordselvă, UrB

As moderator of Witt I'd like to remind the participants in this thread of the purpose of this thread. Thanks.
Sir Txec Róibeard dal Nordselvă, UrB, GST, O.SPM, SMM
Secretár d'Estat
Guaír del Sabor Talossan
The Squirrel Viceroy of Arms, The Rouge Elephant Herald, RTCoA
Cunstaval da Vuode
Justice Emeritus of the Uppermost Cort
Former Seneschal

Breneir Tzaracomprada

Thanks Txec. Things seem well clarified now.

Miestră Schivă, UrN

Unlike the former OrgLaw Standing Committee, the Cabinet is a constitutional body with a tradition of collective responsibility. That is, if it was a position taken by the previous Government, it doesn't matter who said it, all the previous Cabinet are bound by it, until they publicly disassociate from it (once they are no longer in Cabinet). The "seven-year rule" applies *specifically* to internal debates within the Cabinet and the associated names of individuals.

In any case, this is the precedent that my Government will follow in regards to previous Cabinet discussions: we will not discuss individual Cabinet Ministers or intra-Cabinet debates, but - if we are asked a question on X, and a previous Government took a position on X, even if not publicly reported - we *will* offer that information, in the interests of informing the public. The Leader of the Opposition is guilty of what would be considered a "breach of privilege" in other jurisdictions.

Vote THE FREE DEMOCRATS OF TALOSSA
¡LADINTSCHIÇETZ-VOI - rogetz-mhe cacsa!
"They proved me right, they proved me wrong, but they could never last this long"

Breneir Tzaracomprada

Quote from: Miestră Schivă, UrN on September 08, 2024, 10:01:23 PMUnlike the former OrgLaw Standing Committee, the Cabinet is a constitutional body with a tradition of collective responsibility. That is, if it was a position taken by the previous Government, it doesn't matter who said it, all the previous Cabinet are bound by it, until they publicly disassociate from it (once they are no longer in Cabinet). The "seven-year rule" applies *specifically* to internal debates within the Cabinet and the associated names of individuals.

In any case, this is the precedent that my Government will follow in regards to previous Cabinet discussions: we will not discuss individual Cabinet Ministers or intra-Cabinet debates, but - if we are asked a question on X, and a previous Government took a position on X, even if not publicly reported - we *will* offer that information, in the interests of informing the public. The Leader of the Opposition is guilty of what would be considered a "breach of privilege" in other jurisdictions.

Again, as the author of the bill, I will remind you that is incorrect. The messages in that thread are confidential and are supposed to be archived for the Archivist with public availability seven years after the end of that government's term. I will say it again...you shared a confidential message to make a political point. And yes, I admit, I shared the name you shared with me via PM. :)

Ian Plätschisch

My legal advice to the rest of the Cabinet is that Lex.D.8.9 does not stipulate that no contents of the cabinet forum may be released until the after the 7-year period. It only stipulates that all of the contents (except contents exempted by D.8.2 - D.8.4) shall be released at that time.