New Pursuivant

Started by Sir Txec dal Nordselvă, UrB, September 23, 2024, 01:10:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sir Txec dal Nordselvă, UrB

Azul,

It is time, in my opinion as the Squirrel Viceroy of Arms, that we should recognize one of our own with an elevation in rank. @Carlüs Éovart Vilaçafat has served for quite some time as The Fulbright Fellow. I hope the Dean and others in the Coletx will agree with me that is is time to promote Carlus to the rank of Pursuivant. With that, Carlus, a Pursuivant is able to choose his title. Ordinarily it is based on a geographical location. So for example, I was The Kingsbridge Pursuivant (and I always signed my posts as -Kingsbridge). I chose my title based on a fictional location, but one that had great meaning to me. Please take some time and think about what title you would like and let's have a discussion!

I'd love to include your promotion in my upcoming Accession Honours so you have a little time on this. Congrats!

-SVA/REH
Sir Txec Róibeard dal Nordselvă, UrB, GST, O.SPM, SMM
Secretár d'Estat
Guaír del Sabor Talossan
The Squirrel Viceroy of Arms, The Rouge Elephant Herald, RTCoA
Cunstaval da Vuode
Justice Emeritus of the Uppermost Cort
Former Seneschal

Carlüs Éovart Vilaçafat

This is a great honour, and I thank the Squirrel Viceroy of Arms as well as the Dean for consideration!

I will think of some options for an appropriate title.

Thank you again!

-TFF
Premieir of Maricopa
The Fulbright Fellow, Royal Talossan College of Arms
Member, Talossan Science Fiction, Fantasy & Whisky Society
Membreu dal Urderi dal Provinçù Soveran da Maricopa

Carlüs Éovart Vilaçafat

I have done a lot of brainstorming on this and I have come up with the following top 3, more or less in order or preference:

• Green Town: The setting of Something Wicked This Way Comes. The first Bradbury novel I ever read. Still one of my favorites and a formative one from my youth.
  • Lakewood: The Lakewood Theatre in Dallas, TX (I don't think it's there anymore) was a formative place in my young adulthood where I learned a love of performance and amateur musical theater.
  • Joyland: The titular setting of the Stephen King novel. Another one of my favorites, and a coming of age story that really hits home for me. I read it every year.

-TFF
Premieir of Maricopa

Glüc da Dhi S.H.

Fun fact; in TCAT terminology a poursuivant (someone who pursues, i.e. a chaser) is a rider ahead of the peloton but behind the front rider/group. Often, someone who attacked from the peloton in an attempt to get to the front of the race.

Anyway, congratulations Carlüs!
Director of Money Laundering and Sportswashing, Banqeu da Cézembre

Quote from: Carlüs Éovart Vilaçafat on September 30, 2024, 10:11:19 AMI have done a lot of brainstorming on this and I have come up with the following top 3, more or less in order or preference:

• Green Town: The setting of Something Wicked This Way Comes. The first Bradbury novel I ever read. Still one of my favorites and a formative one from my youth.
  • Lakewood: The Lakewood Theatre in Dallas, TX (I don't think it's there anymore) was a formative place in my young adulthood where I learned a love of performance and amateur musical theater.
  • Joyland: The titular setting of the Stephen King novel. Another one of my favorites, and a coming of age story that really hits home for me. I read it every year.

-TFF

Any of those sound awesome. The Green Town Pursuivant or The Lakewood Pursuivant or The Joyland Pursuivant all have nice rings to them.

-SVA/REH
Secretár d'Estat
Guaír del Sabor Talossan
Cunstaval da Vuode
Former Seneschal

Baron Alexandreu Davinescu

I concur with the Rouge Elephant.

-Dean
Alexandreu Davinescu, Baron Davinescu del Vilatx Freiric del Vilatx Freiric es Guaír del Sabor Talossan

Bitter struggles deform their participants in subtle, complicated ways. ― Zadie Smith
Revolution is an art that I pursue rather than a goal I expect to achieve. ― Robert Heinlein

Carlüs Éovart Vilaçafat

Wonderful! In that case I would like: The Green Town Pursuivant

-TFF
Premieir of Maricopa

Quote from: Carlüs Éovart Vilaçafat on October 01, 2024, 08:37:26 AMWonderful! In that case I would like: The Green Town Pursuivant

-TFF

Expect a promotion at the next Honours! Until then, I don't see why you can't begin using the new title Green Town. Congrats!

-SVA/REH
Secretár d'Estat
Guaír del Sabor Talossan
Cunstaval da Vuode
Former Seneschal

Carlüs Éovart Vilaçafat

Wonderful! Thank you again for this great honour!

-Green Town
Premieir of Maricopa