[CRL] The Second Talossan Government Transparency (Repair) Act

Started by Breneir Tzaracomprada, October 05, 2024, 04:38:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Breneir Tzaracomprada

Whereas, there is a need to identify the responsible official overseeing the implementation of the automated governmental information transmittal mandated by 58RZ6, and

Whereas, this need has led to confusion when attempting to satisfy the above-mentioned mandate.

Therefore, be it enacted by the King, Cosa and Sënats in Ziu assembled that El Lexhatx Section D.8.9 which currently reads as follows:

Quote8.9 Automated Governmental Information Transmittal

8.9.1 All internal government communications on Government-owned fora shall be transmitted to the Royal Archives as soon as feasibly possible after the conclusion of that Government's term of office.
8.9.2 These transmittals shall be released to the public by the Royal Archives seven (7) years after the conclusion of that Government's term of office.
8.9.3 No communications containing protected information covered by El Lexhatx sections D. 8.2, D. 8.3, and D. 8.4 shall be included in the transmittals.
Furthermore, The transmittal scheme shall begin with the internal government records of the Tzaracomprada Cabinet (58th Cosa).

Is amended to read as follows:

Quote8.9 Automated Governmental Information Transmittal

8.9.1 All internal government communications on Government-owned fora shall be transmitted to the Royal Archivist by the Minister of Technology as soon as feasibly possible after the conclusion of that Government's term of office.
8.9.2 These transmittals shall be released to the public by only the Royal Archives seven (7) years after the conclusion of that Government's term of office.
8.9.3 No communications containing protected information covered by El Lexhatx sections D. 8.2, D. 8.3, and D. 8.4 shall be included in the transmittals.

Uréu q'estadra så
Breneir Tzaracomprada (MC-IND/Open Society)

Breneir Tzaracomprada

Two changes here:

There appears to be some confusion about the release criteria which is part of the case in Tzaracomprada v. Plastics. The bolded revision reaffirms in D.8.9.2 that the information is not to be released by anyone except the Royal Archivist as D.8.9.3 covers only information not to be included in the transmittals not what information is to be released after the 7-year period.

The revision in D.8.9.1 adds the PermSec for the BackEnd Minister of Technology as the official responsible for ensuring the transmittal to the Royal Archivist.

Miestră Schivă, UrN

The big problem here is that PermSecBackEndAdmin is not a legislatively established role. It's a job that may cease to exist at any time that the incumbent quits (or is sacked for cause) and the job may be taken back into the Ministry of Technology

Vote THE FREE DEMOCRATS OF TALOSSA
¡LADINTSCHIÇETZ-VOI - rogetz-mhe cacsa!
"They proved me right, they proved me wrong, but they could never last this long"

Breneir Tzaracomprada

Quote from: Miestră Schivă, UrN on October 05, 2024, 05:49:44 PMThe big problem here is that PermSecBackEndAdmin is not a legislatively established role. It's a job that may cease to exist at any time that the incumbent quits (or is sacked for cause) and the job may be taken back into the Ministry of Technology

I thought permanent secretaries were intended to be long-term apolitical offices which was why I chose it. Would the Ministry of Technology be better suited?

Baron Alexandreu Davinescu

Quote from: Breneir Tzaracomprada on October 05, 2024, 06:07:54 PM
Quote from: Miestră Schivă, UrN on October 05, 2024, 05:49:44 PMThe big problem here is that PermSecBackEndAdmin is not a legislatively established role. It's a job that may cease to exist at any time that the incumbent quits (or is sacked for cause) and the job may be taken back into the Ministry of Technology

I thought permanent secretaries were intended to be long-term apolitical offices which was why I chose it. Would the Ministry of Technology be better suited?

She means that assigning a job via statute to a role not guaranteed to exist by statute is a bad idea.  Just assign it to MinTech and it can be then delegated to a permsec.
Alexandreu Davinescu, Baron Davinescu del Vilatx Freiric del Vilatx Freiric es Guaír del Sabor Talossan

Bitter struggles deform their participants in subtle, complicated ways. ― Zadie Smith
Revolution is an art that I pursue rather than a goal I expect to achieve. ― Robert Heinlein

Breneir Tzaracomprada

Quote from: Breneir Tzaracomprada on October 05, 2024, 06:07:54 PMWould the Ministry of Technology be better suited?

Thanks Baron, that sounds like a yes to my question then.

Breneir Tzaracomprada

Sir Txec dal Nordselvă, UrB

Sir Txec Róibeard dal Nordselvă, UrB, GST, O.SPM, SMM
Secretár d'Estat
Guaír del Sabor Talossan
The Squirrel Viceroy of Arms, The Rouge Elephant Herald, RTCoA
Cunstaval da Vuode
Justice Emeritus of the Uppermost Cort
Former Seneschal

Breneir Tzaracomprada