August 2020 General Election - Polling Station Open

Started by Glüc da Dhi S.H., July 14, 2020, 06:00:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Glüc da Dhi S.H.

--Polling Station 1: Wittenberg-

NB: This is a polling place. Only use this thread for your votes! (Opinions, questions, comments can be posted elsewhere.)

NB: Your vote cannot be changed once cast. Do not edit your posts!

The August 2020 General Elections to elect the 55th Cosa, provincial assemblies and 4 senate seats* in addition to the five referenda on amendments to the Organic Law is now active.

*The provinces of Vuode and Maritiimi-Maxhestic are holding their own Senate elections. To vote and for more information please check the provincial forum on wittenberg.

You can find the election rules here.

Ballots will be sent today. If you do not receive a ballot today, please send me a pm.

If you believe there is something wrong with the ballot, please contact me ASAP.

HOW TO VOTE

As per the Organic Law, all votes are final, and cannot be retracted, modified or altered in any way: if multiple votes are sent, only the first one is counted. The only exception is that if you vote on the Cosa part, but forgot to vote on the Senate part, you may add your Senate vote before the election deadline using voting method 1, 2, or 4* (see below). The database admin will then manually insert your Senate vote into the database.

*In this case, make a new separate post, do not alter your original post.

There are five ways to vote:

1 ) You can reply to their Ballot email with your vote, provided the PSC code is in the email. Those votes will be entered manually into the Database system.

2 ) You can write a different email (to talossachancery@gmail.com), provided the PSC code is in it. Those votes will be entered manually into the Database system.

3 ) You can vote using the online form: www.talossa.ca/files/vote.php using only your citizen number (available online and in the email) and the PSC code from the email. Those votes will be entered automatically into the Database system.

4 ) Voters will be able to vote on Wittenberg publicly A single vote thread will be created for casting votes on Wittenberg. If you have received your vote code (PSC), you are requested to cast your vote in that thread WITH your PSC. A vote without PSC will be validated provided the account clearly belongs to a single eligible voter.

5 ) You can print the ballot located here at www.talossa.ca/files/votebymail.php and mail it to the address located at the bottom of the ballot. Keep in mind that votes need to arrive before the election deadline to be valid and voting by mail might take long, especially from a location outside western Europe. (NOTICE: the vote by mail ballot is not fully updated yet.  When voting by mail please keep in mind the instructions on the email ballot or here.)

KEEP IN MIND WHEN VOTING

Especially when voting using a different method than the database, keep in mind the following:

* Specify which part you are voting for. Unspecified party votes will only count towards the Cosa election.

* Write-in parties for the Cosa elections cannot receive votes. A write-in vote has the same effect as Present/Invalid.

* For the Senate part, rank as many eligible candidates as you want in order of preference. Do not include one candidate multiple times. Please include a candidate's full name or citizen number. Ambiguous votes may be rejected. Write-In votes for eligible citizens are allowed.

* Party votes do not count in any way for Senate elections.

* As per the Organic Law, all votes are final, and cannot be retracted, modified or altered in any way: if multiple votes are sent, only the first one is counted. The only exception is that if you vote on the Cosa part, but forgot to vote on the Senate part, you may add your Senate vote before the election deadline using voting method 1, 2, or 4* (see above). The database admin will then manually insert your Senate vote into the database.

* *In this case, make a new separate post, do not alter your original post.

WHAT TO VOTE ON

If you vote on witt, please include the following parts:
(On witt your vote will always be public.)

Part 3: Cosa Election
For the Cosa, please vote for the party you want to vote for.

Three parties have registered:
FREEDEMS - Free Democrats of Talossa
NPW - New Peculiar Way
LCC - League of Centre Conservatives

More information about these parties (50 word statements, leaders, link to party platform, etc) can be found on your ballot, on the online voting form and on the election rules page.

If you do not wish to vote for a party you can also indicate "PRESENT" for the Party Vote. This counts as vote in regards to keeping your citizenship.
(You risk losing your citizenship if you did not vote or take part in a census during the last two years.)

Part 5: Referendum
There are five referenda this year:

* 54RZ16 - The There's No Such Thing As A Free Senäts Seat Amendment
* 54RZ22 - The Amada Mertgedes Martyrdom Memorial Act
* 54RZ23 - The Uniform Seneschál Election Act
* 54RZ25 - Judiciary Amendment of 2020
* 54RZ28 - The Non-Hereditary Monarchy Amendment
You may vote Për (in favour), Contrâ (against), or Abstain on these amendments.
The full texts can be found by clicking the links.

Part 6: Senate Election
Please include your vote for Senator if you are a citizen of any of the following provinces:

- Benito
- Cézembre

In addition, the provinces of Vuode and Maritiimi-Maxhestic are holding their own Senate elections. To vote and for more information please check the provincial forum on wittenberg.

To vote for Senate, list 1 or more (the database ballot accepts up to 5) eligible citizens of your province in order of preference!

If you leave this empty your vote will count as abstain and your vote for the other parts will still be valid.
Important: votes for a party do NOT count here. You will need to vote for an individual candidate.

The following candidates have registered for senate seats:
Benito: #330 - Eiric Börnatfiglheu
Cézembre: #152 - Sir X. Pol Briga
Cézembre: #284 - Ian Tamoran

Write-in votes for Senate are also allowed

Part 7: Provincial Election
Here you can vote for whichever party you wish to represent you in your provincial assembly. The provincial assembly elections of the following provinces are conducted by the chancery:

- Atatürk

- Benito
(For the Benito Legislative Assembly, please vote for a party, or PRESENT if you wish to cast a null ballot.)

- Cézembre

- Florencia
(Vote for a party or vote "present")

If you leave this empty your vote will count as abstain and your vote for the other parts will still be valid.

WHEN TO VOTE

Any time between 15 July 07:00 TST and 1 August 19:30 TST (UTC-5) (This corresponds to 19:30 in Milwaukee (WI), USA and 02:30 on the 2nd of December in St. Malo, France)

HAPPY VOTING EVERYONE!

Glüc da Dhi,
Secretary of State

PS for those interested: here you can find who have and have not voted yet.
Current turnout: 0

Also,  here(TBD) is a list of citizen numbers of citizens who are at risk of losing their citizenship at the end of the election.

Lastly, please just use this thread for voting. For questions, concerns, etc you can use this thread. Additionally, this thread should be treated as a polling station. This is not the place for campaigning or political arguments.

Many thanks to @mpf whose amazing work on the database makes this election possible.

EMAIL DATABASE FOR ALL CITIZENS
53RZ23 established a database of name, province and email address of all citizens who opt-in, available to every citizen. This has not been automated yet. If you wish to be included in this database please contact the Secretary of State on Witt or send an email to talossachancery@gmail.com stating that you wish to be included in the database for all citizens.
Director of Money Laundering and Sportswashing, Banqeu da Cézembre

GV

Cosâ: FREEDEMS

Për * 54RZ16 - The There's No Such Thing As A Free Senäts Seat Amendment
Për * 54RZ22 - The Amada Mertgedes Martyrdom Memorial Act
Për * 54RZ23 - The Uniform Seneschál Election Act
Për * 54RZ25 - Judiciary Amendment of 2020
Për * 54RZ28 - The Non-Hereditary Monarchy Amendment

Many thanks as always to the SoS, Dep. SoS, and the Chancery for all they do to make our nationette continue to function...

GV 15 July 2020

Glüc da Dhi S.H.

Quote from: GV on July 15, 2020, 05:27:58 PM
Cosâ: FREEDEMS

Për * 54RZ16 - The There's No Such Thing As A Free Senäts Seat Amendment
Për * 54RZ22 - The Amada Mertgedes Martyrdom Memorial Act
Për * 54RZ23 - The Uniform Seneschál Election Act
Për * 54RZ25 - Judiciary Amendment of 2020
Për * 54RZ28 - The Non-Hereditary Monarchy Amendment

Many thanks as always to the SoS, Dep. SoS, and the Chancery for all they do to make our nationette continue to function...

GV 15 July 2020

This vote has been entered in the database.

Munditenens Tresplet

Cosa: FREEDEMS

Referenda:
* 54RZ16 - The There's No Such Thing As A Free Senäts Seat Amendment - PER
* 54RZ22 - The Amada Mertgedes Martyrdom Memorial Act - PER
* 54RZ23 - The Uniform Seneschál Election Act - PER
* 54RZ25 - Judiciary Amendment of 2020 - PER
* 54RZ28 - The Non-Hereditary Monarchy Amendment - CON
Munditenens Tresplet, O.SPM
Royal Governor of Péngöpäts

#KAYELLOW4EVR

Glüc da Dhi S.H.

Quote from: Munditenens Tresplet on July 19, 2020, 04:24:19 PM

Referenda:
* 54RZ16 - The There's No Such Thing As A Free Senäts Seat Amendment - PER
* 54RZ22 - The Amada Mertgedes Martyrdom Memorial Act - PER
* 54RZ23 - The Uniform Seneschál Election Act - PER
* 54RZ25 - Judiciary Amendment of 2020 - PER
* 54RZ28 - The Non-Hereditary Monarchy Amendment - CON

xpb

My votes for the August 2020 General Elections

League of Centre Conservatives (LCC) for Cosâ

Për on The There's No Such Thing As A Free Senäts Seat Amendment (54RZ16)

Për on the The Amada Mertgedes Martyrdom Memorial Act (54RZ22)

Contra on the The Uniform Seneschál Election Act (54RZ23)

Për on the Judiciary Amendment of 2020 (54RZ25)

Për on The Non-Hereditary Monarchy Amendment (54RZ28)

Ian Tamoran for Senäts (Cézembre) who has been a citizen for nearly a decade.  Although the election system allows for up to five candidates to be named, it is my opinion that only one should be selected. 

For the Province my vote does not default to the LCC but instead will be for the Valançar / Balance party in l'Etats de Cézembre, a party I will lead at the local level (V/B will be an entity to exist at the local not national level, much in the way of the past party CRO/VCC Cézembre Reunification Organization, or Viensità Ciumisâ Cézembre) I shall endeavor via l'Etats to institute a standard for provincial election such that the Chancery would no longer be burdened with that task.

my vote by public statement - X. Pol Briga of Cézembre

Glüc da Dhi S.H.

Quote from: xpb on July 19, 2020, 11:52:21 PM
My votes for the August 2020 General Elections

League of Centre Conservatives (LCC) for Cosâ

Për on The There's No Such Thing As A Free Senäts Seat Amendment (54RZ16)

Për on the The Amada Mertgedes Martyrdom Memorial Act (54RZ22)

Contra on the The Uniform Seneschál Election Act (54RZ23)

Për on the Judiciary Amendment of 2020 (54RZ25)

Për on The Non-Hereditary Monarchy Amendment (54RZ28)

Ian Tamoran for Senäts (Cézembre) who has been a citizen for nearly a decade.  Although the election system allows for up to five candidates to be named, it is my opinion that only one should be selected. 

For the Province my vote does not default to the LCC but instead will be for the Valançar / Balance party in l'Etats de Cézembre, a party I will lead at the local level (V/B will be an entity to exist at the local not national level, much in the way of the past party CRO/VCC Cézembre Reunification Organization, or Viensità Ciumisâ Cézembre) I shall endeavor via l'Etats to institute a standard for provincial election such that the Chancery would no longer be burdened with that task.

my vote by public statement - X. Pol Briga of Cézembre

Ián Tamorán S.H.

My votes for August 2020 Election:

54RZ16 Per
54RZ22 Per
54RZ23 Per
54RZ25 Per
54EZ28 Per

Ian Tamoran for Senats Cezembre
Quality through Thought
Turris Fortis Mihi Deus

Think the best, say the best, and you will be the best.

Glüc da Dhi S.H.

Quote from: Ián Tamorán S.H. on July 23, 2020, 05:05:09 PM
My votes for August 2020 Election:

54RZ16 Per
54RZ22 Per
54RZ23 Per
54RZ25 Per
54EZ28 Per

Ian Tamoran for Senats Cezembre

Iac Marscheir

Cosă: Democratici Liverats da Talossa

Referendüms:
Presint

Muhammed Yasir

Cosa: NPW

Referenda:
* 54RZ16 - The There's No Such Thing As A Free Senäts Seat Amendment - Contrâ
* 54RZ22 - The Amada Mertgedes Martyrdom Memorial Act - Për
* 54RZ23 - The Uniform Seneschál Election Act - Për
* 54RZ25 - Judiciary Amendment of 2020 - Për
* 54RZ28 - The Non-Hereditary Monarchy Amendment - Contrâ
-Yasir

Glüc da Dhi S.H.

Quote from: Iac Marscheir on July 27, 2020, 07:29:09 PM
Cosă: Democratici Liverats da Talossa

Referendüms:
Presint

Glüc da Dhi S.H.

Quote from: Muhammed Yasir on July 28, 2020, 02:37:32 AM
Cosa: NPW

Referenda:
* 54RZ16 - The There's No Such Thing As A Free Senäts Seat Amendment - Contrâ
* 54RZ22 - The Amada Mertgedes Martyrdom Memorial Act - Për
* 54RZ23 - The Uniform Seneschál Election Act - Për
* 54RZ25 - Judiciary Amendment of 2020 - Për
* 54RZ28 - The Non-Hereditary Monarchy Amendment - Contrâ

I'm afraid you only get voting rights after becoming a full citizen, so I cannot count this.

Audrada Roibeardet

owenedwards

COSA: NPW
Cézembre Senate: Ian Tamoran

54RZ16: Per
54RZ22: Per
54RZ23: Contra
54RZ25: Abstain
54RZ28: Contra
Puisne Justice