News:

Welcome to Wittenberg!

Main Menu

Continuation of Discussion on 3rd Clark

Started by Breneir Tzaracomprada, October 19, 2024, 07:40:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Breneir Tzaracomprada

@Sir Txec dal Nordselvă, UrB I'm not sure what the purpose of locking a thread that had already been moved out of the Cosa voting thread but I'm posting my last comment here should anyone wish to comment outside of The Lobby.

If there is a legitimate claim of harassment or violation of Wittiquette then state the examples and support the case.

Quote from: Miestră Schivă, UrN on Today at 00:52:06
Quote from: Baron Alexandreu Davinescu on Yesterday at 20:02:10
I see Breneir's "make enemies of literally everyone" campaign continues, unabated.  Consistency is its own kind of virtue, I suppose.

To be scrupulously fair to him, there is a problem here which predates him, and that's it's impossible to moderate Witt. Because - since we're all political figures - nobody wants to moderate someone and then be accused of political bias. Especially since Brenéir entire political shtick has been trashing the reputation of the outgoing SoS, and he's now trying to do that to the presumed next SoS, i.e. the two people with the authority to do so. If someone has successfully "worked the refs" to the point that no-one can even try to impose any sanctions, what to do?

One might also note that if a male Talossan were talking to a female Talossan who was their political opponent, calling them "bae" and saying "you're cute" in a sneering manner, we would see that instantly as nasty harassment that deserved sanctions. And if that were the gender relation, we would also see "she's not really being harassed, she just perceives it as such" for the gross line it is. Whatever. WITTIQUETTE RULE 8: enforce it hard.

There you go again, Miestra. Sneering? Nasty?  Again you are adding your opinion on the intent of what was said and presenting it as fact. Luc is handsome and I'll tell anyone who asks. I'm not sure I see the problem in saying that but I find the attention on that fact delightful. I mean I do, after all, find your reactions here adorable too but you thinking that I'm "creepy" is not a violation of Wittiquette. In the meantime, I'll continue that campaign on a nonpartisan SoS as long as you and the FreeDems make it necessary. There are several ways it can be resolved and I pray that Txec or Luc will take one of them.

Breneir Tzaracomprada

@Sir Txec dal Nordselvă, UrB I am trying to avoid a Cort case here. Would you please explain on what basis you locked the discussion in The Lobby?

Miestră Schivă, UrN

Quote from: me, elsewhereTo be scrupulously fair to him, there is a problem here which predates him, and that's it's impossible to moderate Witt. Because - since we're all political figures - nobody wants to moderate someone and then be threatened with legal action. Especially since Brenéir's entire political shtick has been trashing the reputation of the outgoing SoS, and he's now trying to do that to the presumed next SoS, i.e. the two people with the authority to do so. If someone has successfully "worked the refs" to the point that no-one can even try to impose any sanctions, what to do?

If someone's going to be dragged to court for locking a thread, Allà only knows what might happen if someone actually caught the formal warning and/or the temporary ban they're clearly cruising for

Vote THE FREE DEMOCRATS OF TALOSSA
¡LADINTSCHIÇETZ-VOI - rogetz-mhe cacsa!
"They proved me right, they proved me wrong, but they could never last this long"

Sir Txec dal Nordselvă, UrB

Your comments about Sir Luc's appearance were bordering on sexual harassment. Frankly, I'm surprised he hasn't sued YOU yet.  No one wants to see those kind of comments, and it doesn't really matter your intention either. I locked the thread because it became apparent you weren't going to stop. Once the Tuischach weighs in, as it is in his purview as moderator, I will do as he wishes.

Words matter, and I'd encourage you to look at it from another perspective.
Sir Txec Róibeard dal Nordselvă, UrB, GST, O.SPM, SMM
El Sovind Pudatïu / The Heir Presumptive
Secretár d'Estat
Guaír del Sabor Talossan
The Squirrel Viceroy of Arms, The Rouge Elephant Herald, RTCoA
Cunstaval da Vuode

Breneir Tzaracomprada

Quote from: Sir Txec dal Nordselvă, UrB on October 20, 2024, 02:51:28 PMYour comments about Sir Luc's appearance were bordering on sexual harassment. Frankly, I'm surprised he hasn't sued YOU yet.  No one wants to see those kind of comments, and it doesn't really matter your intention either. I locked the thread because it became apparent you weren't going to stop. Once the Tuischach weighs in, as it is in his purview as moderator, I will do as he wishes.

Words matter, and I'd encourage you to look at it from another perspective.

I had not posted for hours though Txec and the last comment was from Sir XPB... so how was it clear that I was not going to stop? You are also admitting that you acted BEFORE you ever received direction from the moderator.

And I invite being sued for sexual harassment if Luc genuinely believes that someone commenting on his attractiveness makes him feel sexualized, Txec.

Miestră Schivă, UrN

"They proved me right, they proved me wrong, but they could never last this long"

Breneir Tzaracomprada

Quote from: Miestră Schivă, UrN on October 20, 2024, 03:33:39 PM
Quote from: Breneir Tzaracomprada on October 20, 2024, 03:32:25 PMhow was it clear that I was not going to stop?

Quote from: Breneir Tzaracomprada on October 20, 2024, 03:26:06 PMI am providing notice now that I will not desist.

Yes, these statements are in RESPONSE to the current actions, Miestra. You need not have acted but you inflamed the situation with your own actions unfortunately. You are the ones that need to desist from your inaccurate and inflammatory suggestions.

Miestră Schivă, UrN

Quote from: Breneir Tzaracomprada on October 20, 2024, 03:32:25 PMAnd I invite being sued for sexual harassment if Luc genuinely believes that someone commenting on his attractiveness makes him feel sexualized, Txec.

Making inappropriate comments about a co-worker's appearance is a form of harassment, regardless of whether the harasser meant their remarks as a compliment.

Luckily, it doesn't seem that these comments rise to the level required for prosecution under El Lexhatx A.7.1.2. Let's make sure they stay that way.

Breneir Tzaracomprada

Quote from: Miestră Schivă, UrN on October 20, 2024, 03:37:06 PM
Quote from: Breneir Tzaracomprada on October 20, 2024, 03:32:25 PMAnd I invite being sued for sexual harassment if Luc genuinely believes that someone commenting on his attractiveness makes him feel sexualized, Txec.

Making inappropriate comments about a co-worker's appearance is a form of harassment, regardless of whether the harasser meant their remarks as a compliment.

Luckily, it doesn't seem that these comments rise to the level required for prosecution under El Lexhatx A.7.1.2. Let's make sure they stay that way.

So now we admit there is no criminal behavior and that compliments are not something to be discouraged. We are making progress here.

I really think you only see what you want. I said initially it "appeared rude", not that it was rude. I then said "bordering on sexual harassment", not that you had committed sexual harassment.

I am fully within my rights as Witt admin to lock threads and I did so to prevent the possibility of you unintentionally going too far. What you see as bias or aggressiveness was really me trying to help you to avoid problems.

Listen, I'm on my way out and I'm trying to ensure an orderly transition. This fight you seek to want to pick with me is unnecessary.
Secretár d'Estat
Guaír del Sabor Talossan
Cunstaval da Vuode

Breneir Tzaracomprada

Quote from: Sir Txec dal Nordselvă, UrB on October 20, 2024, 03:41:17 PMI really think you only see what you want. I said initially it "appeared rude", not that it was rude. I then said "bordering on sexual harassment", not that you had committed sexual harassment.

I am fully within my rights as Witt admin to lock threads and I did so to prevent the possibility of you unintentionally going too far. What you see as bias or aggressiveness was really me trying to help you to avoid problems.

Listen, I'm on my way out and I'm trying to ensure an orderly transition. This fight you seek to want to pick with me is unnecessary.

Did the Chancery consider any non-FreeDems for these two deputy appointments, Txec? I have asked this a few times and you have not yet answered.

Quote from: Breneir Tzaracomprada on October 20, 2024, 03:42:29 PM
Quote from: Sir Txec dal Nordselvă, UrB on October 20, 2024, 03:41:17 PMI really think you only see what you want. I said initially it "appeared rude", not that it was rude. I then said "bordering on sexual harassment", not that you had committed sexual harassment.

Did the Chancery consider any non-FreeDems for these two deputy appointments, Txec? I have asked this a few times and you have not yet answered.

Maybe you think I answer to you?
Secretár d'Estat
Guaír del Sabor Talossan
Cunstaval da Vuode

Breneir Tzaracomprada

Quote from: Sir Txec dal Nordselvă, UrB on October 20, 2024, 03:43:53 PM
Quote from: Breneir Tzaracomprada on October 20, 2024, 03:42:29 PM

Maybe you think I answer to you?

It is odd that this question, as opposed to any others, you are reticent to answer, Txec. I will suggest that readers of this thread take note of that.

Miestră Schivă, UrN

Thankfully, the threshold for moderation of Wittenberg is far lower than actual criminal behaviour, as provided for in El Lexhatx J.2. It's just that in the past I think moderators have erred on the side of "letting jerk behaviour go unpunished in fear of retribution/lawsuits". Good for the new Chancery leadership to be setting a precedent.

Again you read bias where none exists. I'm simply sick of being asked the question.
Secretár d'Estat
Guaír del Sabor Talossan
Cunstaval da Vuode