[Cantzelerïă/Chancery] Appointment of a Deputy Secretary of State

Started by Sir Txec dal Nordselvă, UrB, October 20, 2024, 03:08:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sir Txec dal Nordselvă, UrB

I do believe I've said it was a mistake, and I also remember saying I would not bind a future SoS by a policy. Nevertheless, enough is enough. The point is made. I've worked tirelessly for four years to be a good SoS, and I am proud of my work.
Sir Txec Róibeard dal Nordselvă, UrB, GST, O.SPM, SMM
El Sovind Pudatïu / The Heir Presumptive
Secretár d'Estat
Guaír del Sabor Talossan
The Squirrel Viceroy of Arms, The Rouge Elephant Herald, RTCoA
Cunstaval da Vuode

Breneir Tzaracomprada

Quote from: Sir Txec dal Nordselvă, UrB on October 20, 2024, 03:56:21 PMI do believe I've said it was a mistake, and I also remember saying I would not bind a future SoS by a policy. Nevertheless, enough is enough. The point is made. I've worked tirelessly for four years to be a good SoS, and I am proud of my work.

The point is not made until the precedent is addressed, Txec. Enough will be enough when the issue is addressed. Please address the issue if you want this to be settled.

I think I am respectfully asking you to fix a mistake you now admit making. And you have the ability to fix it but are, for some odd reason, resisting doing so. Surely, one can understand why I am confused by that refusal, especially, since you admit it was a mistake.

You seem to think any internal policy I make would be binding on a successor. I stated I would never be a party leader again in the past. That is a personal choice. Any successor could just ignore or cancel any internal policies. That is why I've never made any policy. If you'll notice, I even reconfirmed the rules of Wittiquette when I first became SoS to show that the current occupant of the Chancery was willing for those rules to be maintained. I could just as easily have changed them or completely reversed them, because they are a policy, not a law.

From my point of view, that is a reasonable position to take.
Secretár d'Estat
Guaír del Sabor Talossan
Cunstaval da Vuode

Breneir Tzaracomprada

Quote from: Sir Txec dal Nordselvă, UrB on October 20, 2024, 04:10:29 PMYou seem to think any internal policy I make would be binding on a successor. I stated I would never be a party leader again in the past. That is a personal choice. Any successor could just ignore or cancel any internal policies. That is why I've never made any policy. If you'll notice, I even reconfirmed the rules of Wittiquette when I first became SoS to show that the current occupant of the Chancery was willing for those rules to be maintained. I could just as easily have changed them or completely reversed them, because they are a policy, not a law.

From my point of view, that is a reasonable position to take.

Txec, it is an abnegation of your responsibility in my opinion. You are the custodian of an enduring powerful position and have acknowledged a mistake that in my opinion damaged the impartiality of that position. As the maker of that mistake (you haven't even mentioned what made this a mistake, Txec) it is your responsibility to fix it. You have done nothing to fix it as an apology or commitment not to do it again does nothing substantial to address the precedent you created. Laws have been proposed and rejected largely by FreeDems (the party of which you are a member). Requests for policy have been made and again, met silence, until moments before you are leaving office. Moments before leaving office you appointed two party co-members as deputies with one proposing sanction on the proponent of efforts to address your mistake.

Do you really think that this would not cause distrust?

You are free to see things as you wish Brenier. Plus, for the record, I appointed Sir Luc well over a month ago when the King named me as his heir. Anyway, I'm done for now. I plan on spending the rest of my weekend relaxing before work in the morning. Have a good rest of your day Brenier.
Secretár d'Estat
Guaír del Sabor Talossan
Cunstaval da Vuode

Miestră Schivă, UrN

Quote from: Breneir Tzaracomprada on October 20, 2024, 04:16:55 PMyou appointed two party co-members as deputies with one proposing sanction on the proponent of efforts to address your mistake

Great that we've ended up in a US politics position, where being the head of an opposition party means you feel entitled to immunity

Vote THE FREE DEMOCRATS OF TALOSSA
¡LADINTSCHIÇETZ-VOI - rogetz-mhe cacsa!
"They proved me right, they proved me wrong, but they could never last this long"

Breneir Tzaracomprada

Quote from: Sir Txec dal Nordselvă, UrB on October 20, 2024, 04:23:07 PMYou are free to see things as you wish Brenier. Plus, for the record, I appointed Sir Luc well over a month ago when the King named me as his heir. Anyway, I'm done for now. I plan on spending the rest of my weekend relaxing before work in the morning. Have a good rest of your day Brenier.

The obviousness of this is so exhausting and frustrating. I supported you as king because I know you are honorable but this dismissive defensiveness over something you admit was wrong but refuse to do anything about (even after many months of requests) is sad. Txec, I wish you a good day too but I wish you would stop disappointing me on this.