[Cantzelerïă/Chancery] Appointment of a Deputy Secretary of State

Started by Sir Txec dal Nordselvă, UrB, October 20, 2024, 03:08:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sir Txec dal Nordselvă, UrB

The Chancery hereby appoints Ian Plätschisch as Deputy Secretary of State. His duties shall be to act as the Deputy Administrator of Wittenberg.

Secretár d'Estat/Secretary of State
Sir Txec Róibeard dal Nordselvă, UrB, GST, O.SPM, SMM
El Sovind Pudatïu / The Heir Presumptive
Secretár d'Estat
Guaír del Sabor Talossan
The Squirrel Viceroy of Arms, The Rouge Elephant Herald, RTCoA
Cunstaval da Vuode

Breneir Tzaracomprada

Quote from: Sir Txec dal Nordselvă, UrB on October 20, 2024, 03:08:36 PMThe Chancery hereby appoints Ian Plätschisch as Deputy Secretary of State. His duties shall be to act as the Deputy Administrator of Wittenberg.

Secretár d'Estat/Secretary of State

We now have three separate members of the FreeDems as appointees of the Chancery.

Do the FreeDems believe that only members of their party are suitable for Chancery service?

In about 24 hours or so, I will likely no longer be the SoS nor a FreeDem. My plan at the moment is to ensure that there are people in place to do the various tasks until a new SoS is appointed.
Secretár d'Estat
Guaír del Sabor Talossan
Cunstaval da Vuode

Breneir Tzaracomprada

Quote from: Sir Txec dal Nordselvă, UrB on October 20, 2024, 03:16:28 PMIn about 24 hours or so, I will likely no longer be the SoS nor a FreeDem. My plan at the moment is to ensure that there are people in place to do the various tasks until a new SoS is appointed.

So two soon but three presently. Has there been consideration of ANY people outside of the FreeDems to serve as deputies or other appointees?

Secretár d'Estat
Guaír del Sabor Talossan
Cunstaval da Vuode

Actually, only Ian will be a FreeDem since I believe Sir Luc is also leaving the party upon appointment.
Secretár d'Estat
Guaír del Sabor Talossan
Cunstaval da Vuode

Breneir Tzaracomprada

Quote from: Sir Txec dal Nordselvă, UrB on October 20, 2024, 03:19:38 PMActually, only Ian will be a FreeDem since I believe Sir Luc is also leaving the party upon appointment.

Again all three of you are presently closely associated with the FreeDems. Has there been ANY consideration of people who are not FreeDems to serve the Chancery, Txec?

Miestră Schivă, UrN

Hmmm. The old complaint was "this person is disqualified because they're leading a political party". Then it became: "this person is a member of a political party". Then: "this person is closely associated with a political party". We can see now that the famous stand on principle was in reality a stand against a certain individual, then a certain group of individuals. As suspected.

As Seneschal I have no rightful authority or influence over the Chancery's internal business. Nevertheless, my opinion is that the Chancery should appoint Witt admins/mods, from any party or none, who are prepared to enforce Wittiquette Rule 8 with a blowtorch, regardless of cajoling or threats. Bad behaviour deserves sanction. I get the feeling that new Deputy SoS Plätschisch fits that bill.

Vote THE FREE DEMOCRATS OF TALOSSA
¡LADINTSCHIÇETZ-VOI - rogetz-mhe cacsa!
"They proved me right, they proved me wrong, but they could never last this long"

Breneir Tzaracomprada

Quote from: Miestră Schivă, UrN on October 20, 2024, 03:31:54 PMHmmm. The old complaint was "this person is disqualified because they're leading a political party". Then it became: "this person is a member of a political party". Then: "this person is closely associated with a political party". We can see now that the famous stand on principle was in reality a stand against a certain individual, then a certain group of individuals. As suspected.

As Seneschal I have no rightful authority or influence over the Chancery's internal business. Nevertheless, my opinion is that the Chancery should appoint Witt admins/mods, from any party or none, who are prepared to enforce Wittiquette Rule 8 with a blowtorch, regardless of cajoling or threats. Bad behaviour deserves sanction. I get the feeling that new Deputy SoS Plätschisch fits that bill.

Three appointments now from one political party in an office that prides its impartiality does smell, Miestra. No matter how we try to misdirect. Was there any consideration of non-FreeDems for these appointments?

Miestră Schivă, UrN

You don't ask me that question, you ask the SoS that question, because I take the independence of the Chancery seriously

"They proved me right, they proved me wrong, but they could never last this long"

Breneir Tzaracomprada

Quote from: Miestră Schivă, UrN on October 20, 2024, 03:42:16 PMYou don't ask me that question, you ask the SoS that question, because I take the independence of the Chancery seriously

Yes, the leader of the party once led by the current SoS while he served as such simultaneously, takes the independence of the Chancery seriously. That same party now has THREE of its members serving as the SoS and deputies for the SoS. Give me a break, Miestra.

Miestră Schivă, UrN

I take exception to the idea that my Government would interfere in any way with the Chancery's internal decision-making processes.

Breneir Tzaracomprada

Quote from: Miestră Schivă, UrN on October 20, 2024, 03:49:29 PMI take exception to the idea that my Government would interfere in any way with the Chancery's internal decision-making processes.

If only we could go back in time to November 2022 and have a stern talking to...(checks notes) Party President and Secretary of State Txec dal Nordselva.

Quote from: Breneir Tzaracomprada on October 20, 2024, 03:50:23 PM
Quote from: Miestră Schivă, UrN on October 20, 2024, 03:49:29 PMI take exception to the idea that my Government would interfere in any way with the Chancery's internal decision-making processes.

If only we could go back in time to November 2022 and have a stern talking to...(checks notes) Party President and Secretary of State Txec dal Nordselva.

Enough Brenier. Your point has been made. I've apologized. Enough.
Secretár d'Estat
Guaír del Sabor Talossan
Cunstaval da Vuode

Breneir Tzaracomprada

Quote from: Sir Txec dal Nordselvă, UrB on October 20, 2024, 03:52:13 PM
Quote from: Breneir Tzaracomprada on October 20, 2024, 03:50:23 PM

Enough Brenier. Your point has been made. I've apologized. Enough.

You have never apologized, Txec. And you have not created policy to address the precedent (through law or internal policy) which is what I have been trying to do for many months now.

I have asked you directly to fix the problem and you have refused. I am now asking your successor to do that.