News:

Welcome to Wittenberg!

Main Menu

The LCC Executive Platform

Started by Ian Plätschisch, July 22, 2020, 06:46:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ian Plätschisch

When I wrote the manifesto of the League of Centre Conservatives, I was as big-tent as possible; after all, we are now the only party in a space that used to be occupied by two, and sometimes three, different parties. Therefore, I left out details of how we would govern were we to win the election. However, it's important that voters know we have a plan, beyond simply being a pro-Monarchist party, and therefore we present
The LCC Executive Platform
PRIME MINISTRY
-We will reintroduce the Prime Minister's Days of Observance program, which was so popular when I implemented it during the 52nd Cosa that it got its own TalossaWiki page. I pledge to eat as many weird sandwiches as necessary, not only to encourage editing the wiki, but also other initiatives such as a fundraising drive, interaction with new citizens, etc.
-We will create a clear list of what government positions are open and how to apply for them. I also won't hesitate to fire anyone who is not doing anything with their post (I've done it before); vacancies are OK because there is the possibility someone will come along and get active in the post.

STUFF
-We will continue to find fun uses for Talossan social media accounts, such as the excessive celebrations of Maritiimi-Maxhestic Istuporaziua on Twitter and the "This Day in History" series on Facebook
-We will create a refreshed version of "What's Happening in Talossa?" to make it easier for new and returning citizens to get involved.

CULTURE
-Ministers will be expected to lead by example and coordinate and participate in cultural initiatives outside of Government.

FINANCE
-We will investigate partially diversifying the Kingdom's portfolio, which currently is held exclusively in a savings account, into higher-yielding assets
-We will conduct a fundraising campaign to raise money for the Kingdom

FOREIGN
-We will market our coins and stamps to members of the micronational community
-We will investigate ways to become involved in programs in the Greater Talossan Area

INTERIOR
-We will produce physical manifestations of Talossan citizenship, such as ID cards, citizenship certificates, and donation certificates
-We will attempt to arrange a trip to Cezembre for citizens who are able to attend

Miestră Schivă, UrN

Quote from: Ian Plätschisch on July 22, 2020, 06:46:43 PM
-We will continue to find fun uses for Talossan social media accounts, such as the excessive celebrations of Maritiimi-Maxhestic Istuporaziua on Twitter and the "This Day in History" series on Facebook

You going to do it yourself again, or have you got a new person in mind? Because - and I'll be frank - that's been my biggest disappointment with the STUFF portfolio this term, that the social media was used in a very underwhelming and inconsistent fashion.

PROTECT THE ORGLAW FROM POWER GRABS - NO POLITICISED KING! Vote THE FREE DEMOCRATS OF TALOSSA
¡LADINTSCHIÇETZ-VOI - rogetz-mhe cacsa!
"IS INACTIVITY BAD? I THINK NOT!" - Lord Hooligan

Eðo Grischun

We will create a clear list of what government positions are open and how to apply for them.

Awesome.  You could use the new and fully-featured dedicated jobs portal that the FreeDems just built and released for this.

www.talossa.com/jobs
Eovart Grischun S.H.

Former Distain
Former Minister
Former Senator for Vuode

Miestră Schivă, UrN

Senator Plätschisch's programme summarised:

1. Do what the outgoing Coalition government was doing, only not so much.
2. Eat sammiches.
3. Er...
4. That's it.

PROTECT THE ORGLAW FROM POWER GRABS - NO POLITICISED KING! Vote THE FREE DEMOCRATS OF TALOSSA

Baron Alexandreu Davinescu

Ian, btw, I can do ID cards again without too much trouble.  I still have all the original templates and everything -- it would only cost about $20 for cardstock printing and postage (depending on demand).  I can also probably do citizenship certificates, which we'd probably want to price at $7 or so to start off.
Alexandreu Davinescu, Baron Davinescu del Vilatx Freiric del Vilatx Freiric es Guaír del Sabor Talossan

Bitter struggles deform their participants in subtle, complicated ways. ― Zadie Smith
Revolution is an art that I pursue rather than a goal I expect to achieve. ― Robert Heinlein

Ian Plätschisch

Quote from: Miestră Schivă, UrN on July 22, 2020, 09:40:05 PM

You going to do it yourself again, or have you got a new person in mind? Because - and I'll be frank - that's been my biggest disappointment with the STUFF portfolio this term, that the social media was used in a very underwhelming and inconsistent fashion.
While my social media usage wasn't great, it was a heck of a lot better than all other Ministers of STUFF I can remember. Since I became STUFF Minister last fall, I have made 16 posts to the Talossa Facebook page. Before that, no one had posted anything there for the past two years! The story is similar with our Twitter account.

Also, it's a bit convenient that the first time I hear that you are so disappointed is right now.

Ian Plätschisch

Quote from: Miestră Schivă, UrN on July 23, 2020, 04:17:40 PM
Senator Plätschisch's programme summarised:

1. Do what the outgoing Coalition government was doing, only not so much.
2. Eat sammiches.
3. Er...
4. That's it.
lol

You'll find that several of the items were in fact not performed by the current coalition. Even if they were, I was a part of that coalition too, so the FreeDems don't get to take sole credit for the ideas.

Miestră Schivă, UrN

Quote from: Ian Plätschisch on July 23, 2020, 06:54:22 PM
Also, it's a bit convenient that the first time I hear that you are so disappointed is right now.

The price of keeping a coalition government together is not putting too much pressure on your coalition partner, and at least being grateful that they're doing something.

Tierçéu Rôibeardescù

Túischac'h of the 55th Cosa
MC, 55th Cosa, League of Center Conservatives
Secretary-General of the League of centre conservatives
Member of the L'Etats de Cézembre