News:

Welcome to Wittenberg!

Main Menu

New Sections for the Executive

Started by Magniloqueu Épiqeu Ac’hlerglünä da Lhiun, December 06, 2019, 06:06:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Magniloqueu Épiqeu Ac’hlerglünä da Lhiun

I wonder why we do not have a subforum for every ministry? When I was a Minister or a Deputy, I always had to post things with "[MINISTRY] Topic" as a header. And ultimately, it just gets lost.

Why not have every Ministry have their own little forum where they can post updates, and where citizens can turn to if they have grievances, or requests, or whatever?
Mîmbreu Xhugnhör da l'Avocatür Rexhital

I support the "United Provinces of Maritiimi-Maxhestic, Vuode, and Dandenburg."

Miestră Schivă, UrN

I'm not a fan of having a whole bunch of minifora which will seldom get used.

PROTECT THE ORGLAW FROM POWER GRABS - NO POLITICISED KING! Vote THE FREE DEMOCRATS OF TALOSSA
¡LADINTSCHIÇETZ-VOI - rogetz-mhe cacsa!
"IS INACTIVITY BAD? I THINK NOT!" - Lord Hooligan

Baron Alexandreu Davinescu

I agree with miestra. Having more centralized boards is actually better since you see stuff you wouldn't otherwise see, and we don't have so much traffic that it's really a problem I think. If we get back to a point where there's so much going on that it's hard to keep track, okay, but we're not there yet!
Alexandreu Davinescu, Baron Davinescu del Vilatx Freiric del Vilatx Freiric es Guaír del Sabor Talossan

Bitter struggles deform their participants in subtle, complicated ways. ― Zadie Smith
Revolution is an art that I pursue rather than a goal I expect to achieve. ― Robert Heinlein

Magniloqueu Épiqeu Ac’hlerglünä da Lhiun

I disagree. Having a "centralised" forum means that everything is a hodgepodge of relevant and irrelevant stuff. I would love to find all the relevant decisions and announcements of Ministry X, but I do not want to sift through every single crap that other Ministries have published.

Also, I *believe* that dedicated subfora might actually be an incentive for activity, because stuff would be neater. Why not give it a shot, and if it DOES NOT work, we can still migrate threads and disable them? I mean, it really would not hurt.
Mîmbreu Xhugnhör da l'Avocatür Rexhital

I support the "United Provinces of Maritiimi-Maxhestic, Vuode, and Dandenburg."

Baron Alexandreu Davinescu

In terms of practical experience, there has definitely been no incentive to post in unused forums. You just have to look at the old witt to see that.

I do agree that it can be hard to find official announcements if everything gets posted to one board, but there are still many sub boards, and it seems hard to believe we're going to have so many postings from one ministry that they'll be lost in the shuffle.

And of course, we should be posting announcements and policies to the websites, not just making forum posts about them, anyway.
Alexandreu Davinescu, Baron Davinescu del Vilatx Freiric del Vilatx Freiric es Guaír del Sabor Talossan

Bitter struggles deform their participants in subtle, complicated ways. ― Zadie Smith
Revolution is an art that I pursue rather than a goal I expect to achieve. ― Robert Heinlein

Sir Lüc

I'm not going to comment too much on this as this is technically Chancery-land and not my call, but FWIW I agree with AD and Miestrâ. It's the same reason why the Civil Service has a single board.
Sir Lüc da Schir, UrB
Directeur Sportif, Gordon Hiatus Support Team

In my free time:
Túischac'h dal Cosă / Speaker of the Cosa
Wittmeister & Permanent Secretary of Backend Admin / Secretar Parmanint per l'Aðmistraziun del Backend
Deputy Scribe of Abbavilla / Distain Grefieir d'Abbavillă