News:

Welcome to Wittenberg!

Main Menu

A brief statement from the incumbent Seneschál

Started by Miestră Schivă, UrN, August 01, 2020, 09:56:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Miestră Schivă, UrN

Estimats cüncitaxhiens, I've been playing football all day, I just got home and I'm exhausted, so I'll keep this very brief.

Most importantly of all, we have moved heaven and earth and Talossa is now changed irrevocably. Talossa's monarchy is non-hereditary; the next King will be chosen by the people and their representatives, as almost all Kings have been chosen in the past. The next Seneschál will be elected by the Cosă; that too is a triumph for democracy. The ideological long game which the Free Democrats - and our predecessor parties, the ZRT and the Liberal Congress - have played for most of a decade has paid off. We win.

Still, I am gutted that if I had managed to get one more ex-Republican to vote for us, the Free Democrats would have had the first absolute majority since the glory days of the RUMP hegemony. Still, 99, I love you.

Extremely well done to the League of Centre Conservatives and their leader, Senator Plätschisch. Welcome back to conservative voters who have seen fit, under Senator Plätschisch's leadership, to end their political strike and take up their rightful place in Talossa.

Due to the return of the ex-RUMP (and the Ventrútxh clan!) there is clearly no majority in the Cosă for further unilateral constitutional reforms. But the Free Democrats have 49.5% of the Cosă and 50% of the Senäts (by my count). There is a big plurality for the remainder of the Free Democrat legislative agenda. We have reached out to the New Peculiar Way to see whether we can form a joint programme for Government which will have truly broad support.

As it stands, I most kindly thank the outgoing cabinet ministers, Senator Plätschisch and Dame Litz, for their hard work in the 54th Cosa. I intend to run a caretaker cabinet comprising myself and the other Free Democrat ministers - Senators Grischün and dal Val, and T. Davinescù MC - until an agreement which will provide us with a Cosă majority is made.

We should also know that the passage of the Judiciary amendment and the Uniform Seneschál amendment are very major changes to our legal framework, and it will take a while to work through them all properly and let the results digest somewhat.

Lastly of all, I thank Glüc da Dhi for his service as Secretary of State, and wish him a well earned retirement. A successor has already applied to the Government, and we will be discussing this application and making an announcement in a few days, schi Allà volt.

¡Så vivadra Talossa! ¡Så vivadra Talossa liveradă!

PROTECT THE ORGLAW FROM POWER GRABS - NO POLITICISED KING! Vote THE FREE DEMOCRATS OF TALOSSA
¡LADINTSCHIÇETZ-VOI - rogetz-mhe cacsa!
"IS INACTIVITY BAD? I THINK NOT!" - Lord Hooligan

GV

I fully echo Dame Miestrâ thoughts above.  The hereditary aspect of the Talossan monarchy is no more, and the prospect of a rogue, unelected monarch years down the road (not Patrick), having gained the throne due to the dumb luck of being born into the right family, has been nullified.

Many thanks to all those who voted for or against and for giving us a result not only clear mathematically, but also in decisive fashion.

Miestră Schivă, UrN

Sorry, I should note: until a formal Government is formed, Senator E. Grischün is acting Minister of STUFF and I myself am acting Minister of Finance.

PROTECT THE ORGLAW FROM POWER GRABS - NO POLITICISED KING! Vote THE FREE DEMOCRATS OF TALOSSA
¡LADINTSCHIÇETZ-VOI - rogetz-mhe cacsa!
"IS INACTIVITY BAD? I THINK NOT!" - Lord Hooligan