News:

Welcome to Wittenberg!

Main Menu

The underground RUMP

Started by Miestră Schivă, UrN, July 26, 2020, 01:06:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

C. M. Siervicül

Quote from: Miestră Schivă, UrN on July 27, 2020, 07:16:14 PM
I'll repost his email in full (or at least the email that was passed on to me by someone on the RUMP mailing list
Cool, if we're publicly posting private emails, how about the one forwarding my email to you? I don't have any problem with the content of my email being made public, but am curious as to whether the door swings both ways.

I see further up the thread you mention me raising arguments in private that were never made in public, but I don't think I said anything that wasn't said in the Hopper thread for the bill (e.g. by Glüc). I wasn't watching the Hopper thread at the time because I had made a decision to retire from politics for a while, but when the ballot came out I did read the referendum questions as a citizen.

I'll address my reasons for voting against the Amada Merþedes amendment in the other thread where you asked about that.

Miestră Schivă, UrN

Quote from: C. M. Siervicül on August 02, 2020, 07:26:46 PM
Cool, if we're publicly posting private emails, how about the one forwarding my email to you?

a) It was forwarded, without comment, in a Facebook PM. If what you want to know is who forwarded it to me, I would suggest you just go through your RUMP mailing list, there should be one or two names that you will recognize as no longer being on your team.
b) How is a campaigning email private? There was a Cort case about this in the 1990s, I can't remember whether it involved J. Schneider or Davron, but it was ruled unconstitutional for there to be "private" campaign communications. (ETA: I suppose you could claim it was an internal RUMP communication, but AD told us the RUMP didn't exist any more? Is it like the Official IRA in the 1980s?)

PROTECT THE ORGLAW FROM POWER GRABS - NO POLITICISED KING! Vote THE FREE DEMOCRATS OF TALOSSA
¡LADINTSCHIÇETZ-VOI - rogetz-mhe cacsa!
"IS INACTIVITY BAD? I THINK NOT!" - Lord Hooligan

C. M. Siervicül

Quote from: Miestră Schivă, UrN on August 02, 2020, 07:56:11 PMthere should be one or two names that you will recognize as no longer being on your team.
Indeed. Funny that they find it appropriate to stay on the mailing list and forward its correspondence to the "other team," but everyone has his/her own standards of personal integrity I suppose. I'm not sure I can even view who is subscribed to the list.

Miestră Schivă, UrN

I haven't seen dudgeon that high in a while, va amic :D

Seriously: at least the question of whether the RUMP still exists is settled. And this isn't the first time that the RUMP has been outraged that others have pointed out that they don't know who's in their party and who isn't. At least it doesn't involve a jailed felon this time.

PROTECT THE ORGLAW FROM POWER GRABS - NO POLITICISED KING! Vote THE FREE DEMOCRATS OF TALOSSA
¡LADINTSCHIÇETZ-VOI - rogetz-mhe cacsa!
"IS INACTIVITY BAD? I THINK NOT!" - Lord Hooligan