News:

Welcome to Wittenberg!

Main Menu

Welcome to Wittenberg!

Started by Wittmeister, December 03, 2019, 01:59:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GV

Quote from: Miestrâ Schiva, UrN on December 03, 2019, 06:35:25 PM
I don't like the Shoutbox because it doesn't leave a record. It seems a very efficient way for people to talk miéidâ about other Talossans without leaving a permanent record. If Lüc wants to set up a "Chat room" of some other sort, I'm fine as long as it leaves records.

+1

Ian Plätschisch

Also, there is no icon in the mobile version telling me which boards have unread posts.

Audrada Roibeardet

I'm here!

Thought I logged in but I guess not. Anyway, Azul!

Miestră Schivă, UrN

PROTECT THE ORGLAW FROM POWER GRABS - NO POLITICISED KING! Vote THE FREE DEMOCRATS OF TALOSSA
¡LADINTSCHIÇETZ-VOI - rogetz-mhe cacsa!
"IS INACTIVITY BAD? I THINK NOT!" - Lord Hooligan

GV

Miestră Schivă, UrN

Can we have the ability to embed videos, pretty please?

PROTECT THE ORGLAW FROM POWER GRABS - NO POLITICISED KING! Vote THE FREE DEMOCRATS OF TALOSSA
¡LADINTSCHIÇETZ-VOI - rogetz-mhe cacsa!
"IS INACTIVITY BAD? I THINK NOT!" - Lord Hooligan

Sir Lüc

Quote from: GV on December 03, 2019, 06:09:30 PM
Quote from: Lüc on December 03, 2019, 05:28:03 PM
Quote from: GV on December 03, 2019, 05:20:46 PM
Quote from: Lüc on December 03, 2019, 05:10:10 PM
Quote from: GV on December 03, 2019, 04:59:11 PM
How do we archive this board?  I would love native functionality to be able to make an archive of the whole of this Witt each week and in a format that is non-proprietary.

There is no native backup functionality from inside this forum, but it's as easy as making a backup of the database, which has to be done from my own end sadly.

Ugh.  Is it possible for me to have admin rights limited to making such backups?

I might be able to do you one better and set up an autobackup with a link you can just grab every week. I'll get back to you on this.

One thing is interesting, in URLs, "topic"-numbers in our forum don't start at '1'.  Topic number one resolves to a 404, and your first post on the main forum is numbered '4'.

That's because topics 1 to 3 were for testing. 1 was SMF's default welcome post, 2 was a sticky post I made to see how SMF handled it, and 3 was a locked post (same purpose). I deleted them before opening for registrations.
Sir Lüc da Schir, UrB
Directeur Sportif, Gordon Hiatus Support Team

In my free time:
Túischac'h dal Cosă / Speaker of the Cosa
Wittmeister & Permanent Secretary of Backend Admin / Secretar Parmanint per l'Aðmistraziun del Backend
Deputy Scribe of Abbavilla / Distain Grefieir d'Abbavillă

Sir Lüc

Sir Lüc da Schir, UrB

In my free time:
Wittmeister & Permanent Secretary of Backend Admin / Secretar Parmanint per l'Aðmistraziun del Backend

Baron Alexandreu Davinescu

I'm getting a weird skew on my profile pic at the top of the page.  Maybe turn that off, since it's warped and skewed different ways over the past couple of days and doesn't seem necessary?
Alexandreu Davinescu, Baron Davinescu del Vilatx Freiric del Vilatx Freiric es Guaír del Sabor Talossan

Bitter struggles deform their participants in subtle, complicated ways. ― Zadie Smith
Revolution is an art that I pursue rather than a goal I expect to achieve. ― Robert Heinlein

Sir Lüc

Quote from: Sir Alexandreu Davinescu on December 04, 2019, 10:58:59 AM
I'm getting a weird skew on my profile pic at the top of the page.  Maybe turn that off, since it's warped and skewed different ways over the past couple of days and doesn't seem necessary?

That's odd. Maybe try force refreshing (CTRL+F5)? I did change the code for that bit to accomodate longer nicknames and take away a weird rounded edge effect, but that skew is just not meant to be there.
Sir Lüc da Schir, UrB

In my free time:

Sir Txec dal Nordselvă, UrB

Well I'm here and ready!
Sir Txec Róibeard dal Nordselvă, UrB, GST, O.SPM, SMM
Secretár d'Estat
Guaír del Sabor Talossan
The Squirrel Viceroy of Arms, The Rouge Elephant Herald, RTCoA
Cunstaval da Vuode
Justice Emeritus of the Uppermost Cort
Former Seneschal

Eðo Grischun

Does anybody know the correct bbcode format for adding borders to tables?  And, also how to make colspan work in tables?
Eovart Grischun S.H.

Former Distain
Former Minister
Former Senator for Vuode

Sevastáin Pinátsch

Quote from: Ian Plätschisch on December 03, 2019, 06:48:34 PM
Also, there is no icon in the mobile version telling me which boards have unread posts.
I see the coloured globe for new replies in sections, and a "New" tag on the individual threads, just like with the desktop version.
Sevastáin Pinátsch, Senator for Atatürk
#KARED

Ian Plätschisch

Quote from: Sevastáin Pinátsch on December 06, 2019, 06:38:10 AM
Quote from: Ian Plätschisch on December 03, 2019, 06:48:34 PM
I see the coloured globe for new replies in sections, and a "New" tag on the individual threads, just like with the desktop version.
Luc added those after I made that request.