News:

Welcome to Wittenberg!

Main Menu

Retirement from the Bench

Started by Sir Txec dal Nordselvă, UrB, August 02, 2020, 09:57:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sir Txec dal Nordselvă, UrB

Azul,

After careful consideration and upon consultation with the government, I have decided to retire from the Uppermost Cort as I plan on assuming another public office that is in conflict with my current role.

I have loved my years on the bench and while I am sad to be leaving the Cort, I look forward to the next adventure.

My retirement is effective upon taking up my new office and said office will be announced in due time.

Thank you and I wish the best to my soon to be former colleagues on the UC.
Sir Txec Róibeard dal Nordselvă, UrB, GST, O.SPM, SMM
Secretár d'Estat
Guaír del Sabor Talossan
The Squirrel Viceroy of Arms, The Rouge Elephant Herald, RTCoA
Cunstaval da Vuode
Justice Emeritus of the Uppermost Cort
Former Seneschal

Someone edited the Wiki that I've already retired. I have not taken up my new office of Secretary of State and so my retirement is not yet effective. This needs to be fixed please.
Secretár d'Estat
Guaír del Sabor Talossan
Cunstaval da Vuode
Former Seneschal

Miestră Schivă, UrN

Quote from: Dr. Txec Róibeard dal Nordselvă, Esq., O.SPM, SMM on August 07, 2020, 03:30:56 PM
Someone edited the Wiki that I've already retired. I have not taken up my new office of Secretary of State and so my retirement is not yet effective. This needs to be fixed please.

Done.

I am beginning to wonder whether we are relying too much on the Wiki which anyone can edit, when it comes to official information. There is too much scope for mischief. It was a necessary evil during previous eras when the official Website might not be amended for years, but we've got a vigorous Minister of STUFF now, so I'd like to hear his opinion.

PROTECT THE ORGLAW FROM POWER GRABS - NO POLITICISED KING! Vote THE FREE DEMOCRATS OF TALOSSA
¡LADINTSCHIÇETZ-VOI - rogetz-mhe cacsa!
"IS INACTIVITY BAD? I THINK NOT!" - Lord Hooligan

Eðo Grischun

Quote from: Miestră Schivă, UrN on August 07, 2020, 05:23:36 PM
Quote from: Dr. Txec Róibeard dal Nordselvă, Esq., O.SPM, SMM on August 07, 2020, 03:30:56 PM

Done.

I am beginning to wonder whether we are relying too much on the Wiki which anyone can edit, when it comes to official information. There is too much scope for mischief. It was a necessary evil during previous eras when the official Website might not be amended for years, but we've got a vigorous Minister of STUFF now, so I'd like to hear his opinion.

My initial thought is one of futureproofing. Will all future Ministers of Stuff be on the ball with keeping the main website up to date? Can we guarantee that the main website will never have outdated information ever, ever again?

My opinion (which is not fixed and can be swayed with a strong enough argument against) is that the main Talossa.com website be timeless and not be able to fall 'out of date'.  I think the pages on the main site should tell visitors what an office is and what an office does, but not tell you who holds the office, solely for the reason that the website often falls wildly out of date.

Information on office holders, I think, should be on the wiki, for the reason that anybody can keep it up to date regardless of Ministerial position, and anybody can reverse any mischief happenings or mistakes.  It does not rely on any one person or any one group of persons to keep the information as up to date as possible.
Eovart Grischun S.H.

Former Distain
Former Minister
Former Senator for Vuode

In order to prevent further confusion, my official retirement from the CpI shall be midnight, August 8, 2020 TST. I wish to remain in emeritus status at that time and of course retain my rights as a member of the Royal Talossan Bar.
Secretár d'Estat
Guaír del Sabor Talossan
Cunstaval da Vuode
Former Seneschal