[SENESCHAL'S OFFICE] The Seneschál's List

Started by Miestră Schivă, UrN, August 04, 2020, 06:33:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Miestră Schivă, UrN

Estimadas és estimats cüncitaxhiens, somehow during my first two terms in office I totally forgot about El Lexhatx D.1.5:

QuoteThe Seneschal shall maintain a public list of all of the positions described in Titles C and D of el Lexhatx along with any subordinate positions that might be created. The list shall include the incumbent of any filled position as well as indicate vacant positions. When the list is updated, the old version shall be publicly archived along with the dates for which it was effective.

Oops. Well, here's that list anyway. Any questions?

PROTECT THE ORGLAW FROM POWER GRABS - NO POLITICISED KING! Vote THE FREE DEMOCRATS OF TALOSSA
¡LADINTSCHIÇETZ-VOI - rogetz-mhe cacsa!
"IS INACTIVITY BAD? I THINK NOT!" - Lord Hooligan

Baron Alexandreu Davinescu

Awesome work!  If you're interested in catching up on more of these things, there's other little government duties going undone.  D.2.1.1 mandates formal activity reports every two months, D.2.3.1.1 requires the NCC to be doing a few specific things that aren't happening, D.2.5.1.1 requires the A-X to make available an obvious place to report judicial problems and I don't think there is one, and D.2.9.2 requires a public listing of registered corporations (there's only two, I think, although I haven't paid close attention for a while) and I don't know where that is.  But in fairness, a lot of these things come from a time when we had more active citizens, so they might be reasonably ignored.  No one's exactly clamoring to register a corporation, after all.

Maybe this list can be shared with new citizens so they can see what they might like to do?
Alexandreu Davinescu, Baron Davinescu del Vilatx Freiric del Vilatx Freiric es Guaír del Sabor Talossan

Bitter struggles deform their participants in subtle, complicated ways. ― Zadie Smith
Revolution is an art that I pursue rather than a goal I expect to achieve. ― Robert Heinlein

Miestră Schivă, UrN

Quote from: Sir Alexandreu Davinescu on August 04, 2020, 08:40:34 PM
D.2.1.1 mandates formal activity reports every two months,

I want to repeal that. :D Firstly, I've never done it, I can't remember whether Ián P. before me did it, and secondly, in a parliamentary democracy this should be the function of Terpelaziuns.

Maybe this list can be shared with new citizens so they can see what they might like to do?

You may or may not have noted that the acting MinSTUFF has started up a "Talossan Job Centre" of the type we talked about in the FreeDem Manifesto; I think that would be the appropriate venue, and yes, new citizens should be specifically invited. However, I'm waiting for the new Government to properly form, because incoming Ministers might want to abolish some of these vacant positions or even create new ones.

PROTECT THE ORGLAW FROM POWER GRABS - NO POLITICISED KING! Vote THE FREE DEMOCRATS OF TALOSSA

Eðo Grischun

The NCC stuff under D.2.3.1.x are all still being built in the background.  Some of those provisions are new in El Lex (I wrote them myself just a couple months ago).

I'm currently working on the citizens information packets in the form of prospective and new citizens induction courses. 

The bit on integrating new citizens will also be a part of these courses and you might note that one very small part of that was released just earlier today (the prospective citizen's questionnaire).

I re-write all the NCC laws last term because what we had wasn't working, so it was re-jigged to meet our actual needs as well as meet the overall vision for how we want future immigration to operate.  The challenge being that the measures being brought in are not flick of the switch things and it doesn't make sense to try and do just one of them at a time considering the bigger picture final product that I'm working on.

Lex D.2.3.1.x are not being missed or ignored.  The systems needed are being actively worked on and will be released when ready and soon.

Nearly there!
Eovart Grischun S.H.

Former Distain
Former Minister
Former Senator for Vuode

Eðo Grischun

And, as Miestra rightly points out, some things are being held on the back burner until government formally forms.
Eovart Grischun S.H.

Former Distain
Former Minister
Former Senator for Vuode

Miestră Schivă, UrN

It's probably fair to say that the prime focus of the last Government was a serious of heavy constitutional projects; the prime focus of the upcoming Government, I sincerely hope, will be activity and outreach, and such legislative change as will promote activity and outreach.

Ian Plätschisch

Quote from: Miestră Schivă, UrN on August 04, 2020, 09:19:19 PM
Quote from: Sir Alexandreu Davinescu on August 04, 2020, 08:40:34 PM
D.2.1.1 mandates formal activity reports every two months,

I want to repeal that. :D Firstly, I've never done it, I can't remember whether Ián P. before me did it, and secondly, in a parliamentary democracy this should be the function of Terpelaziuns.

I definitely did!

Miestră Schivă, UrN

The bills passed on the First Clark have enabled us to cut down on the vacant, sometimes long-vacant, positions on the Seneschál's list. The only ones outstanding right now are President of the Council of Governors, and head of BHAID. (Although since the Foreign Minister didn't ask for an allocation to BHAID in the budget, it's tough to figure out what such a head would do anyway.)