The Confidence Is Not A Binary Choice Bill

Started by Miestră Schivă, UrN, August 10, 2020, 06:18:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Miestră Schivă, UrN

WHEREAS in other countries it is perfectly acceptable for parties to abstain on a Vote of Confidence, for example, if they don't want to support a Government nor to bring it down;

AND WHEREAS the best I can figure why abstentions on the VoC have been invalid in Talossa is that KR1 wanted to make everyone be for or against him;

BE IT ENACTED etc. that El Lexhátx H.4.1, namely

Quote4.1 The Secretary of State will punish all Members of the Cosă who cast invalid votes in the Vote of Confidence; the punishment being the declaration of said member's votes in the same Clark as null and void.

Is deleted in its entirety.

PROTECT THE ORGLAW FROM POWER GRABS - NO POLITICISED KING! Vote THE FREE DEMOCRATS OF TALOSSA
¡LADINTSCHIÇETZ-VOI - rogetz-mhe cacsa!
"IS INACTIVITY BAD? I THINK NOT!" - Lord Hooligan

Ian Plätschisch

Quote from: Miestră Schivă, UrN on August 10, 2020, 06:18:59 PM
WHEREAS in other countries it is perfectly acceptable for parties to abstain on a Vote of Confidence, for example, if they don't want to support a Government nor to bring it down;

AND WHEREAS the best I can figure why abstentions on the VoC have been invalid in Talossa is that KR1 wanted to make everyone be for or against him;

BE IT ENACTED etc. that El Lexhátx H.4.1, namely

Quote4.1 The Secretary of State will punish all Members of the Cosă who cast invalid votes in the Vote of Confidence; the punishment being the declaration of said member's votes in the same Clark as null and void.

Is deleted in its entirety.
The only type of invalid vote on a VoC, after the Organic reform, is forgetting to vote. Abstentions are allowed.

Miestră Schivă, UrN

PROTECT THE ORGLAW FROM POWER GRABS - NO POLITICISED KING! Vote THE FREE DEMOCRATS OF TALOSSA
¡LADINTSCHIÇETZ-VOI - rogetz-mhe cacsa!
"IS INACTIVITY BAD? I THINK NOT!" - Lord Hooligan