[NPW CONVENTION]: When Life Gives You Limes, have a Margarita Party

Started by Eiric S. Bornatfiglheu, June 23, 2020, 06:46:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ián S.G. Txaglh

Quote from: Eiric S. Bornatfiglheu on July 04, 2020, 08:12:02 AM
Quote3.) NO @#$%& THRONE!- Nobody has the corner on Talossanity. Down with the Monarchy.

How about this one?  I'm beginning to come around to the old Peculiar idea of a diarchy.  We have the king, but we also have an elected head of state (I've been calling the schac'h in my thinking).  Their powers alternate, with the King on odd Clarks, and the schac'h on even (or something like that).  Maybe with some sort of cross-check.  If the monarchy is so much fun, let's double the pleasure, double the fun!

i have no problem with a lifelong king/queen, once he/she is elected and may be legally deposed under certain conditions. why not to have a strong quadrangle of powers (monarch, government, parliament, justice) instead of a triangle.

rotating monarchs might be fun, but i am afraid not to end with more monarchs than active citizens ;)

Eiric S. Bornatfiglheu

I'm not thinking a rotating monarch (though there are things in that ideal that appeal to me) but a system where we have Co-Heads of State.  The Regeu and the Schac'h share powers, but are chosen by differing methods.  The Regeu would be the current King, while the Schac'h is chosen by election periodically (I was thinking every 2 years?  Or maybe whenever a complete cycle of Senats elections happens).

I see legislative powers alternating (Regeu gets odd Clarks, Schac'h gets even, as an example), with a veto from the "inactive" member possible.  This would sate a certain Republican impulse while retaining the King.  Plus, it's Even More Novel than Monarchy!
Eiric S. Bornatfiglheu
Chisleu Bruno of the NPW
Senator from Benito

Ián S.G. Txaglh

i am sorry for lagged participation, we have a kind of local disaster here (electricity shortage for our house) and my leave started, so we tend to run off the powerless house and my connection in our runaways is not always optimal.

Eiric S. Bornatfiglheu

Sorry to hear that!  I hope everybody is safe, at least.
Eiric S. Bornatfiglheu
Chisleu Bruno of the NPW
Senator from Benito

Ián S.G. Txaglh

Quote from: Eiric S. Bornatfiglheu on July 15, 2020, 07:15:44 AM
Sorry to hear that!  I hope everybody is safe, at least.

save we are, gottseindank, but it is still not solved ;) optimistically this week, we'll see.