SIGN rules

Started by Miestră Schivă, UrN, December 07, 2019, 04:40:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Miestră Schivă, UrN

Quote from: Marcel Eðo Pairescu Tafial on February 22, 2020, 04:49:09 PM
Quote from: Miestrâ Schiva, UrN on February 22, 2020, 03:05:02 PM
While I'm on the subject, why did the adjective Talossán lose its final-syllable stress in the 2007-2014 language? And can we have it back?

It didn't. Talossan is pronounced with ultimate stress according to the stress rule.

Ha ha, shows how much I understand the CÚG Arestadas I spent 7 years bitching about. :) I've got a lot to learn and I'm glad you're on the ball.

PROTECT THE ORGLAW FROM POWER GRABS - NO POLITICISED KING! Vote THE FREE DEMOCRATS OF TALOSSA
¡LADINTSCHIÇETZ-VOI - rogetz-mhe cacsa!
"IS INACTIVITY BAD? I THINK NOT!" - Lord Hooligan

Miestră Schivă, UrN

Anyway, let's get together a timetable for updating l'Oversteir to use Provisional Rules Spelling, shall we?

PROTECT THE ORGLAW FROM POWER GRABS - NO POLITICISED KING! Vote THE FREE DEMOCRATS OF TALOSSA

Miestră Schivă, UrN

BUMP. @Marcel, are you around at the moment?

Quote from: Miestrâ Schiva, UrN on March 15, 2020, 08:29:39 PM
Anyway, let's get together a timetable for updating l'Oversteir to use Provisional Rules Spelling, shall we?

Marcel Eðo Pairescu Tafial, UrGP

Right, sorry.

As I expected, the reintroduction of Ă is by far the most tedious rule to implement, so we should maybe split up the 24500 line Översteir dictionary file into 4 or 5 smaller chunks to get this done anytime soon.
Editing posts is my thing. My bad.
Feel free to PM me if you have a Glheþ translation request!

el PARTI TAFIALISTÀ, voastra va facçal in la 56 58:téa Cosă.

Miestră Schivă, UrN

Great, give me a chunk and I'll see what I can do. Any other volunteers?

Wynn

I hope this is the right thread to put this in...

If you are all revising the spelling of Talossan, what about marking consonant mutation more of the time? I'm not quite sure why it's not usually marked

Miestră Schivă, UrN

... because consonant mutations were abandoned in the early 90s, lol. Fossilized remnants thereof are still part of the vocabulary but we no longer use that system.

Wynn

ah

that makes learning talossan a bit easier i guess

Miestră Schivă, UrN

Quote from: Aleretză Gavrial Bråneu on June 22, 2020, 12:51:46 AM
ah

that makes learning talossan a bit easier i guess

If you haven't seen it yet, this is a history of how Talossan language developed up until 1999, including the adopting and discarding of mutations. The basic rules of the language haven't changed much since then; only the spelling.

Françal I. Lux

Azul! I'm interested in joining the committee. I've spent the past several years studying linguistics at university and I hope I can make use of it here. I hope you're accepting new members!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
F. I. Lux, Minister of Interior

Marcel Eðo Pairescu Tafial, UrGP

Quote from: Françal I. Lux on July 20, 2020, 04:21:04 PM
Azul! I'm interested in joining the committee. I've spent the past several years studying linguistics at university and I hope I can make use of it here. I hope you're accepting new members!

I vote yes, and since Miestră added you to the SIGN message list thing, I'll take that as a yes vote from her as well. Welcome aboard!
Editing posts is my thing. My bad.
Feel free to PM me if you have a Glheþ translation request!

el PARTI TAFIALISTÀ, voastra va facçal in la 56 58:téa Cosă.