Citizenship Petition for Muhammed Yasir (WITHDRAWN)

Started by Breneir Tzaracomprada, August 23, 2020, 02:53:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Breneir Tzaracomprada

WHEREAS it has been more than a fortnight since Muhammed Yasir first posted on Wittenberg, following his introduction to the citizens of the Kingdom by officers of the Interior Ministry, and

WHEREAS the said Muhammed Yasir has in that time demonstrated an active and genuine interest in Talossan life, culture, and language, and

WHEREAS the said Muhammed Yasir desires citizenship in the Kingdom of Talossa, and

WHEREAS by all indications it appears that Muhammed Yasir would be a loyal and dedicated citizen, and a credit to this nation if he obtains the grant of citizenship he requests,

THEREFORE I, Breneir Itravilatx, a citizen in good standing of the Glorious Province of Florencia and of the Kingdom of Talossa, do by these presents petition the Secretary of State to issue a grant of citizenship to Muhammed Yasir, as specified by law.

Petition submitted today, the 23rd day of August, 2020/XLI.

Distain, MC
Fighting the good fight

Eðo Grischun

Could the LCC leadership please suggest how we make all existing citizens aware of the requirements of the Talossa is not Wittenberg Act?

You lay the blame at my feet, yet I have no idea how I could have let Bren here, your own party member, know that this petition cannot be made yet.

Or, are you willing to, now, begin to accept that the Act doesn't work as intended?

If Talossa is not Wittenberg, we should be trying to encourage more use of non-Witt mediums, just as the Ministry of Stuff has been doing with its social media campaign, which has seen an explosive growth of over 1000% in page and post engagement over the past 6 weeks, rather than introducing completely unnecessary hurdles to the immigration process.

Let's scrap this immigration barrier and promote the 'Witt is not Talossa' way of thinking via other avenues.
Eovart Grischun S.H.

Former Distain
Former Minister
Former Senator for Vuode

Ian Plätschisch

I'm sure there are ways, but I'm not sure coming up with them is a good use of my time given I doubt there's anything I could say that would make the coalition change its mind on this. I've made my peace with the fact the act of going to be repealed.

Sir Txec dal Nordselvă, UrB

Has S:reu Yasir met the requirements currently outlined in law or not? I cannot grant him citizenship unless he has and I will need some form of proof please.

Thanks,
Dr. Txec dal Nordselvă,
Secretary of State
Sir Txec Róibeard dal Nordselvă, UrB, GST, O.SPM, SMM
Secretár d'Estat
Guaír del Sabor Talossan
The Squirrel Viceroy of Arms, The Rouge Elephant Herald, RTCoA
Cunstaval da Vuode
Justice Emeritus of the Uppermost Cort
Former Seneschal

Breneir Tzaracomprada

Quote from: Eðo Grischun on August 23, 2020, 11:44:17 PM
Could the LCC leadership please suggest how we make all existing citizens aware of the requirements of the Talossa is not Wittenberg Act?

You lay the blame at my feet, yet I have no idea how I could have let Bren here, your own party member, know that this petition cannot be made yet.

Sorry guys, it was not my intent to step into the middle of an apparent debate over the Witt Is Not Talossa Act. Nor was I a part of any blame-laying.
I saw that Dr. Txec, the current SoS had inquired about the petition, noted it had not been made, and moved to make it. I assumed that all requirements had been met based on the SoS's inquiry and the subject tagline which said "Eligible for Petition."

If the petition is premature, let me know, and I can withdraw it.

Breneir (not Bren)

Distain, MC
Fighting the good fight

Breneir Tzaracomprada

Quote from: Dr. Txec Róibeard dal Nordselvă, Esq., O.SPM, SMM on August 24, 2020, 09:45:28 AM
Has S:reu Yasir met the requirements currently outlined in law or not? I cannot grant him citizenship unless he has and I will need some form of proof please.

Thanks,
Dr. Txec dal Nordselvă,
Secretary of State

This is my question too now.

Distain, MC
Fighting the good fight

Ian Plätschisch

Quote from: Breneir Itravilatx on August 24, 2020, 12:17:41 PM
Quote from: Dr. Txec Róibeard dal Nordselvă, Esq., O.SPM, SMM on August 24, 2020, 09:45:28 AM

Thanks,
Dr. Txec dal Nordselvă,
Secretary of State

Under current law, citizenship petitions must specify the non-Wittenberg medium on which the petitioner has communicated with the prospective.

Breneir Tzaracomprada

Quote from: Ian Plätschisch on August 24, 2020, 12:21:14 PM
Quote from: Breneir Itravilatx on August 24, 2020, 12:17:41 PM

Thanks,
Dr. Txec dal Nordselvă,
Secretary of State
Under current law, citizenship petitions must specify the non-Wittenberg medium on which the petitioner has communicated with the prospective.

Thank you. I was not aware of the requirement between the petitioner and the petitioned as a part of the Witt Is Not Talossa Act. I will withdraw the petition as S:reu Yasir has not contacted me unfortunately.

Distain, MC
Fighting the good fight

Ok folks I really need to get this figured out. I sent the oath of citizenship to S:reu Yasir believing the requirements for citizenship have been met. Now it seems no contact has been made outside Wittenberg. Has anyone heard from him outside of Witt?

This guy is now in limbo as I cannot legally grant him citizenship at this time. Can we please fix this?
Secretár d'Estat
Guaír del Sabor Talossan
Cunstaval da Vuode
Former Seneschal

Eðo Grischun

Did he return the oath yet?

All that needs to happen is for anybody other than myself or the SoS to send the guy an email or facebook chat or something, then make the petition.

But, if he doesn't actually want to be contacted outside of Witt, then that's a whole other thing.

Edit.. went to check. He said he's fine to be contacted by email in his application, so anybody that wants to do a petition properly just needs to ask him for his email and go have a chat. Or invite him to wherever else you want to chat with him.  He also has an Instagram account listed on his application. 
Eovart Grischun S.H.

Former Distain
Former Minister
Former Senator for Vuode

Secretár d'Estat
Guaír del Sabor Talossan
Cunstaval da Vuode
Former Seneschal

Miestră Schivă, UrN

Hmmm. Shall I contact the King for his approval of a PD authorising temporary suspension of the "TINW" Act in this case? Or would that be constitutionally dodgy? I don't want to jerk M. Yasir around.

PROTECT THE ORGLAW FROM POWER GRABS - NO POLITICISED KING! Vote THE FREE DEMOCRATS OF TALOSSA
¡LADINTSCHIÇETZ-VOI - rogetz-mhe cacsa!
"IS INACTIVITY BAD? I THINK NOT!" - Lord Hooligan

Eðo Grischun

Citizenship Petition for Muhammed Yasir

WHEREAS it has been more than a fortnight since Muhammed Yasir first posted on Wittenberg and in that time he has demonstrated an active and genuine interest in Talossanity, and

WHEREAS Muhammed Yasir desires citizenship in the Kingdom of Talossa and by all indications it appears that he would be a loyal and dedicated citizen and a credit to this nation if he obtains a grant of citizenship, and

WHEREAS I, have communicated via email with Muhammed Yasir in the past hour, not in my capacity as the Minister of Interior, but just as a private Talossan citizen and the content of these messages was friendly and cordial and has led me to believe he still desires citizenship, so

THEREFORE I, Éovart Grischun, petition the Secretary of State to issue a grant of citizenship to Muhammed Yasir, as specified by law.

Paging: @Dr. Txec Róibeard dal Nordselvă, Esq., O.SPM, SMM
Eovart Grischun S.H.

Former Distain
Former Minister
Former Senator for Vuode

WHEREAS Muhammed Yasir has completed all the legal requirements for admission to the Kingdom of Talossa, and has satisfied the nation and us of his interest in Talossan citizenship (the Best Thing Money Can't Buy), of his intention and desire to participate in our national life, and of his loyalty to the Crown, we are pleased and honoured hereby to admit Muhammed Yasir to the exalted status of the 547th NATURALISED CITIZEN OF THE KINGDOM OF TALOSSA, and of the province of Atatûrk , with all the rights, privileges, and duties thereunto appertaining.

Done by my hand in the name of King John and under his Royal Seal this 25th day of August in the year of the common era 2020, in the 11th year of the reign of our gracious sovereign King John, and of the independence of Talossa the 41th.

Dr. Txec dal Nordselvă,
Secretary of State
Secretár d'Estat
Guaír del Sabor Talossan
Cunstaval da Vuode
Former Seneschal