News:

Welcome to Wittenberg!

Main Menu

Discussion of the Broosking Discussion

Started by Éovart Andrinescù, August 24, 2020, 10:05:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Éovart Andrinescù

Baron Alexandreu Davinescu

Alexandreu Davinescu, Baron Davinescu del Vilatx Freiric del Vilatx Freiric es Guaír del Sabor Talossan

Bitter struggles deform their participants in subtle, complicated ways. ― Zadie Smith
Revolution is an art that I pursue rather than a goal I expect to achieve. ― Robert Heinlein

Miestră Schivă, UrN

No complaints about the SoS using his awesome dictator-like bastard powers to lock a thread which had gotten out of hand?

Good!

Though I still say: bring back the Thunderdome. I honestly want to see AD and Eðo in a death match. I'll take bets on who'd run away first.

PROTECT THE ORGLAW FROM POWER GRABS - NO POLITICISED KING! Vote THE FREE DEMOCRATS OF TALOSSA
¡LADINTSCHIÇETZ-VOI - rogetz-mhe cacsa!
"IS INACTIVITY BAD? I THINK NOT!" - Lord Hooligan

Éovart Andrinescù

Miestră Schivă, UrN

Thunderdome (requires OldWitt login) was my abortive idea in how to deal with the periodically reoccuring threads of tit-for-tat flaming and abuse between Talossans. That when a thread got out of control, instead of being deleted/closed it would be moved to the Thunderdome, thus balancing free speech with ordinary people not wanting to read that miéida.

QuoteFighting leads to killing, and killing gets to warring, and that was damn near the death of us all... Now, when men get to fighting, it happens here, and it finishes here! Two men enter, one man leaves.

Wittenberg authorities gave up on it, partly because, *ahem* a certain party insisted that for any post of his to be moved to Thunderdome was evidence of moderator bias against him and it was no longer worth it.

PROTECT THE ORGLAW FROM POWER GRABS - NO POLITICISED KING! Vote THE FREE DEMOCRATS OF TALOSSA

*sigh*

What is wrong tonight that you are trying to gin up a fight, Miestra?  Stop trolling me because you're bored -- "oh my no one wants to argue about closing down that thread? and hey also a certain someone keeps getting offended when people decide who gets to speak."  I'm not interested in the bait.  No one but you enjoys the fighting.
Alexandreu Davinescu, Baron Davinescu del Vilatx Freiric del Vilatx Freiric es Guaír del Sabor Talossan

Bitter struggles deform their participants in subtle, complicated ways. ― Zadie Smith
Revolution is an art that I pursue rather than a goal I expect to achieve. ― Robert Heinlein

Sir Txec dal Nordselvă, UrB

Is it really a fight? No truth whatsoever? Just asking for a friend.
Sir Txec Róibeard dal Nordselvă, UrB, GST, O.SPM, SMM
Secretár d'Estat
Guaír del Sabor Talossan
The Squirrel Viceroy of Arms, The Rouge Elephant Herald, RTCoA
Cunstaval da Vuode
Justice Emeritus of the Uppermost Cort
Former Seneschal

Quote from: Dr. Txec Róibeard dal Nordselvă, Esq., O.SPM, SMM on August 24, 2020, 09:20:04 PM
Is it really a fight? No truth whatsoever? Just asking for a friend.
Well, even though she might sent you here to ask, I'm still not interested in a fight.  Sorry.

Miestră Schivă, UrN

Quote from: Sir Alexandreu Davinescu on August 24, 2020, 09:01:15 PM
  I'm not interested in the bait.

he said, taking the bait  ;D

Nah, seriously, we're here very close to the territory of "the SoS is a pawn of the Seneschál and does her bidding", which is where I thought the closed thread was going

Tierçéu Rôibeardescù

Túischac'h of the 55th Cosa
MC, 55th Cosa, League of Center Conservatives
Secretary-General of the League of centre conservatives
Member of the L'Etats de Cézembre