Plans from the Ladîntsch Naziunál

Started by Miestră Schivă, UrN, December 08, 2019, 05:27:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Miestră Schivă, UrN

For those who came in late, the role of the Ladintsch Naziunál and his Büreu del Glheþ Talossán is to:

Quotespecifically promote the use of the Talossan language... work in concert with all extra-governmental societies and groups to do the same, and... advise the Department of the Census in the Chancery regarding the creation of Talossan names for citizens who request them. Within the Büreu there shall be a division known as the Talossan Translation Service whose task shall be to translate official or historical documents into el Glheþ Talossan. ..
(and also) advising and making proposals to the Government on how to promote the use of the Talossan language.

So I would like to invite @the Ladîntsch Naziunál to tell us what he intends to do to put the above into practice.

PROTECT THE ORGLAW FROM POWER GRABS - NO POLITICISED KING! Vote THE FREE DEMOCRATS OF TALOSSA
¡LADINTSCHIÇETZ-VOI - rogetz-mhe cacsa!
"IS INACTIVITY BAD? I THINK NOT!" - Lord Hooligan

Iac Marscheir

The existence of any levels of organization beyond la SIGN is relatively moot until such time as an official standard can be created for the Talossan language. I have attempted to participate in this.

During such creation, a list of documents to be translated will be created, which la Serviçù à Glheþinaziun will then translate when the standard is complete.

El Büreu, at this time, serves as a collection point for Talossan language efforts. A torso to the arms of la SIGN and la SAG, in essence. When the entire Büreu is up and running, it'll basically be the public face collecting and reporting on the activities of the organizations within, including on its Twitter account and wiki page.

Miestră Schivă, UrN

Quote from: Iac Marscheir on December 09, 2019, 07:29:39 PM
The existence of any levels of organization beyond la SIGN is relatively moot until such time as an official standard can be created for the Talossan language.

Well, we have one now (provisionally). It's the standard in @Marcel's PDF linked in his signature, until SIGN is officially set up and can set a different one.

Do you have any suggestions for documents to be translated? What of the project of glheþinaziun of this forum? And what is your plan of work for the other main part of your role, i.e. promoting the use of the language?

Sorry, I assumed that because I tagged you in this thread you would have seen it by now - my apologies.

PROTECT THE ORGLAW FROM POWER GRABS - NO POLITICISED KING! Vote THE FREE DEMOCRATS OF TALOSSA

Iac Marscheir

A provisional standard, fantastic. That's good for the short term, but the Büreu and its output are long-term.

Documents to be translated:
Wiki front page, language-related pages, government-related pages (not necessarily laws just yet) for a start. An other forthcoming ideas are welcome for consideration.

As for promoting the use of the language, bringing Talossan into everyday functions would helpful. The best way to do that is for Ladintschen and Aprendeirs to start writing forum posts in Talossan. In addition, there's the Twitter account where opportunities to use the language can be advertised.

Miestră Schivă, UrN

Quote from: Iac Marscheir on December 09, 2019, 08:01:55 PM
Documents to be translated:
Wiki front page, language-related pages, government-related pages (not necessarily laws just yet) for a start. An other forthcoming ideas are welcome for consideration.

Lüc has suggested one.

QuoteIn addition, there's the Twitter account where opportunities to use the language can be advertised.

Good idea. Has @the Minister of STUFF, who's in charge of our social media accounts, got comment on this?

Ian Plätschisch