Welcome to Wittenberg!

Author Topic: The Confidence Is Not A Binary Choice Bill  (Read 257 times)

Offline Miestră Schivă, UrN

• Prime Minister
  • Citizen
  • Large and In Charge
    • Talossan since: 2004-06-12

• View Profile
    • Free Democrats of Talossa
The Confidence Is Not A Binary Choice Bill
« on: August 10, 2020, 06:18:59 PM »
WHEREAS in other countries it is perfectly acceptable for parties to abstain on a Vote of Confidence, for example, if they don't want to support a Government nor to bring it down;

AND WHEREAS the best I can figure why abstentions on the VoC have been invalid in Talossa is that KR1 wanted to make everyone be for or against him;

BE IT ENACTED etc. that El Lexhátx H.4.1, namely

4.1 The Secretary of State will punish all Members of the Cosă who cast invalid votes in the Vote of Confidence; the punishment being the declaration of said member's votes in the same Clark as null and void.

Is deleted in its entirety.

Prime Minister of the Kingdom of Talossa. Ask me anything.

"IS INACTIVITY BAD? I THINK NOT!" - Lord Hooligan
"It probably would be a bit helpful if you resigned and became inactive..." - Sir A. Davinescù

Offline Ian Plätschisch

• Leader of His Majesty's Loyal Opposition
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: The Confidence Is Not A Binary Choice Bill
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2020, 08:04:03 PM »
WHEREAS in other countries it is perfectly acceptable for parties to abstain on a Vote of Confidence, for example, if they don't want to support a Government nor to bring it down;

AND WHEREAS the best I can figure why abstentions on the VoC have been invalid in Talossa is that KR1 wanted to make everyone be for or against him;

BE IT ENACTED etc. that El Lexhátx H.4.1, namely

4.1 The Secretary of State will punish all Members of the Cosă who cast invalid votes in the Vote of Confidence; the punishment being the declaration of said member's votes in the same Clark as null and void.

Is deleted in its entirety.
The only type of invalid vote on a VoC, after the Organic reform, is forgetting to vote. Abstentions are allowed.

Offline Miestră Schivă, UrN

• Prime Minister
  • Citizen
  • Large and In Charge
    • Talossan since: 2004-06-12

• View Profile
    • Free Democrats of Talossa
Re: The Confidence Is Not A Binary Choice Bill
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2020, 11:34:03 PM »
This section still needs deleting

Prime Minister of the Kingdom of Talossa. Ask me anything.

"IS INACTIVITY BAD? I THINK NOT!" - Lord Hooligan
"It probably would be a bit helpful if you resigned and became inactive..." - Sir A. Davinescù