Main Menu

On Anarchism

Started by Adam Grigoriu, September 20, 2020, 11:35:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Baron Alexandreu Davinescu

Quote from: Miestră Schivă, UrN on September 21, 2020, 04:52:49 PM
Quote from: Eðo Grischun on September 21, 2020, 04:22:12 PM
Quote from: Sir Alexandreu Davinescu on September 21, 2020, 05:30:59 AM
Etho, name another time a citizen has been blocked from immigration. Bonus points if it was by members of our old party.

I can't.

As usual AD is using loaded language; since the Kingdom's immigration laws were massively liberalised during the National Schism, no-one's citizenship request has been rejected (assuming they followed the requirements of the law), and in only one case were the provisions of Lex. E8 invoked.

Correct on e.8, as far as recent history goes. :). But on several occasions, the immigration process has halted for one reason or another, such as determining that the applicant was not a real person. I'm not sure how many times that's happened, but I'd wager in recent times it's been about 20 or so.
Alexandreu Davinescu, Baron Davinescu del Vilatx Freiric del Vilatx Freiric es Guaír del Sabor Talossan

Bitter struggles deform their participants in subtle, complicated ways. ― Zadie Smith
Revolution is an art that I pursue rather than a goal I expect to achieve. ― Robert Heinlein

Sir Txec dal Nordselvă, UrB

Recent comments are in danger of de-railing this thread. Let's get back on topic folks.
Sir Txec Róibeard dal Nordselvă, UrB, GST, O.SPM, SMM
Secretár d'Estat
Guaír del Sabor Talossan
The Squirrel Viceroy of Arms, The Rouge Elephant Herald, RTCoA
Cunstaval da Vuode
Justice Emeritus of the Uppermost Cort
Former Seneschal

Miestră Schivă, UrN

Quote from: Eðo Grischun on September 21, 2020, 05:08:27 PM
Rosie Kane?

That's probably the one, name sounds familiar. The SSP had so much promise before Sheridan sacrificed it on the altar of his ego. Still, I don't approve of their SWERFy politics.

PROTECT THE ORGLAW FROM POWER GRABS - NO POLITICISED KING! Vote THE FREE DEMOCRATS OF TALOSSA
¡LADINTSCHIÇETZ-VOI - rogetz-mhe cacsa!
"IS INACTIVITY BAD? I THINK NOT!" - Lord Hooligan

Eðo Grischun

Quote from: Miestră Schivă, UrN on September 21, 2020, 05:22:57 PM
Quote from: Eðo Grischun on September 21, 2020, 05:08:27 PM
Rosie Kane?

That's probably the one, name sounds familiar. The SSP had so much promise before Sheridan sacrificed it on the altar of his ego. Still, I don't approve of their SWERFy politics.

Sorry. I deleted my Rosie Kane post after the SoS's warning.  Yeah, the SSP in the early to mid 00's could have went on to be a real game changer for Scotland.  A strong SSP could have ended up filling the void that the collapse of Scottish Labour have created.  I wonder what things would be like today had the SSP, SNP and Greens, together, became the dominant forces in Scottish politics.
Eovart Grischun S.H.

Former Distain
Former Minister
Former Senator for Vuode

GV

It wouldn't be that hard to have a revolution in Talossa, and would mostly revolve around internet security issues.  Seize the domain name and associated properties and you'd basically be done.  Someone tried to do that once before (2009 or 2010, I think) and got caught because he was bad at it, but we've mostly gotten lucky.

Been there.  Done that.  ;-)

Viteu

Viteu Marcianüs
Puisne Judge of the Uppermost Cort

Former FreeDem (Vote PRESENT)