News:

Welcome to Wittenberg!

Main Menu

[OFFICE OF CULTURAL DEVELOPMENT]: Circuses

Started by Eiric S. Bornatfiglheu, December 04, 2019, 03:31:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eiric S. Bornatfiglheu

In the great survey of what people are looking for in Talossa, one of the major requested elements was Contests, Quizzes, and Games.  Given this, we here at the Office of Cultural Development have cooked up a few ideas to see if they strike the public as a fun idea.  So any feedback you provide will be heeded.  So without further ado:

1.)  Archery Competition- The Ministry partners with the Toxophilite Club for a Talossan archery competition.  Rules forthcoming, but it would most likely involve using the "Archery King" game app.

2.)  Royal Riddle Bee- A riddling competition performed in a bracket-type setting.  Opponents will challenge one another with riddles until one is unable to answer.  If their opponent is then able to answer the next riddle, they are the winner.  Winner earns the title of Riddle-Master and the right to add an owl rampant as a supporter (pending college of arms and royal approval).  Neck-riddles prohibited, of course.

3.)  Bilingual Poetry Competition- Competitors compose a poem in Talossan (or English), which they then translate to English (or Talossan).  Prizes for best English and best Talossan.  Related competition for recitation in English and Talossan.

4.)  Obscure Talossan Word of the Month- Competitors must guess a word, sending in their guesses individually with a Jeopardy-style bid.  Throughout the month, hints will be issued which limits ROI on bids issued afterward.

These were the first four that came to mind when I was asked to put together some ideas.  Are these the sorts of competitions that people are interested in?  OR is there something else?  We'd love to hear your ideas.  And if people are interested, the Ministry can probably help with things like prizes and logistics.

Eiric S. Bornatfiglheu
Chisleu Bruno of the NPW
Senator from Benito

Eiric S. Bornatfiglheu

There is one initiative partnership with the Toxophilite club.

In terms of others... seriously folks. I'm not looking for you to put this stuff together. I'm asking what kind of stuff do you want to do?
Eiric S. Bornatfiglheu
Chisleu Bruno of the NPW
Senator from Benito

Sir Lüc

Those definitely sound fun. I would probably take part at least in 4), and though I don't think I am particularly suited for the others, I would still be interested in watching the competition unfold.

Are there any plans to revive/continue the Talossalympic games we played last year?
Sir Lüc da Schir, UrB
Directeur Sportif, Gordon Hiatus Support Team

In my free time:
Túischac'h dal Cosă / Speaker of the Cosa
Wittmeister & Permanent Secretary of Backend Admin / Secretar Parmanint per l'Aðmistraziun del Backend
Deputy Scribe of Abbavilla / Distain Grefieir d'Abbavillă

Eiric S. Bornatfiglheu

Quote from: Lüc on December 06, 2019, 04:42:08 AM
Are there any plans to revive/continue the Talossalympic games we played last year?

Who ran that?
Eiric S. Bornatfiglheu
Chisleu Bruno of the NPW
Senator from Benito

Marcel Eðo Pairescu Tafial, UrGP

Editing posts is my thing. My bad.
Feel free to PM me if you have a Glheþ translation request!

el PARTI TAFIALISTÀ, voastra va facçal in la 56 58:téa Cosă.

Miestră Schivă, UrN

Quote from: Marcel Eðo Pairescu Tafial on December 09, 2019, 05:57:52 PM
QuoteWho ran that?
Alèx S I believe

Well, he's sadly gone now, so I don't think it's realistic to expect someone else to pick it up and do it in the same way. That said, I totally support some kind of e-sport competition.

PROTECT THE ORGLAW FROM POWER GRABS - NO POLITICISED KING! Vote THE FREE DEMOCRATS OF TALOSSA
¡LADINTSCHIÇETZ-VOI - rogetz-mhe cacsa!
"IS INACTIVITY BAD? I THINK NOT!" - Lord Hooligan