News:

Welcome to Wittenberg!

Main Menu

[TERP] INTERIOR

Started by Ian Plätschisch, September 18, 2020, 03:10:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ian Plätschisch

To the esteemed chambers of the Cosa and Senäts,

Someone has to pose the first Terp so it might as well be me. I'll keep the subject matter light.

Can the Honourable Minister please explain why the immigrant questionnaire includes two questions about Marvel movies and another question about the Rocky movies? As good as they may be, multiple immigrants have already answered those questions to the effect of "I'm not remotely interested in any of that"; would it be better to replace those with something more general?

Miestră Schivă, UrN

Just a point of order here: the Ministry of the Interior will be changing hands once the new Cabinet is named in two days. Would the Senator prefer that the incumbent or his replacement answer this?

PROTECT THE ORGLAW FROM POWER GRABS - NO POLITICISED KING! Vote THE FREE DEMOCRATS OF TALOSSA
¡LADINTSCHIÇETZ-VOI - rogetz-mhe cacsa!
"IS INACTIVITY BAD? I THINK NOT!" - Lord Hooligan

Ian Plätschisch

I think the questionnaire was written by the current Minister, but either is fine.

Eðo Grischun

S:rs Speakers,

Can I first say to the Honourable gentleman that I appreciate his level of participation and engagement with the immigration process.  I wish more people would reach out to our prospective citizens in the way that he has been doing.

The questionnaire was created using the well known technique of blatant plagiarism.  Almost all of the questions were taken from questions asked in the two recent Judicial appointment hearings that took place in the Senate.  This was primarily due to the complete lack of imagination and inspiration on my part and due to some haste in my wanting to get it published as quick as possible.

I would add that I am aware that some questions may be seen as useless fluff, but it's all mostly subjective stuff anyway.  What may seem an important question to one prospective citizen may appear completely useless to another, and vice versa. As long as the primary goal is being met in that at least one or two of the questionnaire answers manage to spur some level of discussion then I'd say it doesn't really matter what all the other answers are. 

Somewhat arguably, and definitely facetiously, the particular questions that the Honourable gentleman mentions may actually be providing very valuable information about applicants.  Everybody knows that Rocky IV is the best and to have no opinion on the correct ranking of the Rocky movies is a serious issue and possible red flag. 

I do agree that the questions should be reviewed and improved though.  This is maybe something that will happen over time and may even happen many times.  I am about to leave this Ministry, but maybe the next Minister would take the same stance as I would and say that suggestions for questions to be included are completely welcome.
Eovart Grischun S.H.

Former Distain
Former Minister
Former Senator for Vuode