News:

Welcome to Wittenberg!

Main Menu

D&D

Started by Baron Alexandreu Davinescu, September 19, 2020, 11:24:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Baron Alexandreu Davinescu

It recently came up in the immigration board that there are some folks interested in playing D&D.  I'd be happy to DM a one-shot in 5th edition just to start, using Foundry VTT.  It's okay if you're new, since I have a lot of experience with newbies and 5e is really remarkably easy to play.  Please post here if you'd be interested.  Play hours would be something like 8-11 pm EST on some weeknight or another, depending on scheduling.
Alexandreu Davinescu, Baron Davinescu del Vilatx Freiric del Vilatx Freiric es Guaír del Sabor Talossan

Bitter struggles deform their participants in subtle, complicated ways. ― Zadie Smith
Revolution is an art that I pursue rather than a goal I expect to achieve. ― Robert Heinlein

Ian Plätschisch

Quote from: Ian Plätschisch on September 19, 2020, 12:17:02 PM
I'd be interested.
https://ddb.ac/campaigns/join/14069212913566449

You can start making a character if you'd like.  I have shared my DnDBeyond material with you.  Level 5.  All classes are okay except setting-specific ones (like the Critical Role classes).  Stick to the common races, please.
Alexandreu Davinescu, Baron Davinescu del Vilatx Freiric del Vilatx Freiric es Guaír del Sabor Talossan

Bitter struggles deform their participants in subtle, complicated ways. ― Zadie Smith
Revolution is an art that I pursue rather than a goal I expect to achieve. ― Robert Heinlein

Istefan Perþonest

Quote from: Sir Alexandreu Davinescu on September 19, 2020, 11:24:10 AM
It recently came up in the immigration board that there are some folks interested in playing D&D.  I'd be happy to DM a one-shot in 5th edition just to start, using Foundry VTT.  It's okay if you're new, since I have a lot of experience with newbies and 5e is really remarkably easy to play.  Please post here if you'd be interested.  Play hours would be something like 8-11 pm EST on some weeknight or another, depending on scheduling.

Count me in.
Istefan Éovart Perþonest
Puisne Judge of the Uppermost Cort
Cunstavál of Fiôvâ
Burgermeister of Inland Revenue

Quote from: Istefan Perþonest on September 19, 2020, 04:52:17 PM
Quote from: Sir Alexandreu Davinescu on September 19, 2020, 11:24:10 AM

Count me in.
Great!

Adam Grigoriu

I might be interested, though I have no experience with tabletop RPGs.
Current
    Director of the Office of Preparedness and Response, RTMC HQ

Former
    Minister of the Interior & Permanent Secretary for Immigration

Tierçéu Rôibeardescù

I totally down for this, level 1 start I assume? Or as its a one shot a few levels higher?
Túischac'h of the 55th Cosa
MC, 55th Cosa, League of Center Conservatives
Secretary-General of the League of centre conservatives
Member of the L'Etats de Cézembre

You guys are both welcome! Because we're playing online, a microphone is required, and your computer can't be too ancient to run the browser app, but no experience is required.

We're going to start with a one shot at level five and see how we do. It'll probably take place over the course of two or maybe three sessions. You guys can all follow that same link above to join a campaign and start creating your characters.

Anyone is welcome, by the way... If too many people will join, then we can just make two separate parties.

Tierçéu Rôibeardescù

If anyone needs help with character creation, just let me know.

Txosuè, your character has a Staff of Withering?  I don't think that's among the starting equipment for a warlock, since it's worth north of 5,000 gold!  What feature gave you that?  Regardless, you might want to find a ranged weapon that suits you to make your pact weapon, since your AC is 11 and you'll be pretty squishy to be crowding into melee.

Tierçéu Rôibeardescù

pact weapon if I'm not wrong?

Pact weapons are mundane -- you can't pick a magical weapon to use unless your character already owns that weapon.  If they had a Staff of Withering and then wanted to make it into their pact weapon, they could:
QuoteYou can transform one magic weapon into your pact weapon by performing a special ritual while you hold the weapon. You perform the ritual over the course of 1 hour, which can be done during a short rest.
But it would be unbalanced to let blade warlocks pick any magical weapon they wanted to get as a result of choosing their pact.  Otherwise a third-level character could pick something way more powerful than anyone else would get, I'd imagine.

Tierçéu Rôibeardescù

Quote from: Sir Alexandreu Davinescu on September 20, 2020, 11:47:27 AM
Pact weapons are mundane -- you can't pick a magical weapon to use unless your character already owns that weapon.  If they had a Staff of Withering and then wanted to make it into their pact weapon, they could:
QuoteYou can transform one magic weapon into your pact weapon by performing a special ritual while you hold the weapon. You perform the ritual over the course of 1 hour, which can be done during a short rest.
But it would be unbalanced to let blade warlocks pick any magical weapon they wanted to get as a result of choosing their pact.  Otherwise a third-level character could pick something way more powerful than anyone else would get, I'd imagine.

either way, fixed it now

Miestră Schivă, UrN

I heartily approve of this endeavour. Please call me if someone wants to run a Paranoia or Call of Cthulhu campaign.

PROTECT THE ORGLAW FROM POWER GRABS - NO POLITICISED KING! Vote THE FREE DEMOCRATS OF TALOSSA
¡LADINTSCHIÇETZ-VOI - rogetz-mhe cacsa!
"IS INACTIVITY BAD? I THINK NOT!" - Lord Hooligan