The Tidy up your STUFF Act

Started by Eðo Grischun, September 21, 2020, 08:51:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eðo Grischun

WHEREAS as the new Minister of Stuff it is my duty to review the sections of law that relate to my office, and

WHEREAS in doing so, I found bits that would better off just being repealed, and

WHEREAS most of it was fine, but just needed a bit of spring cleaning and streamlining, and

WHEREAS LEX.D.2.10.1 is old, unused and likely never to be used therefore it just a waste of ink, and

WHEREAS LEX.D.2.10.2 is superfluous as these kind of posts can be created under the provisions of LEX.C.1.1.1 (Permanant Secretaries)

WHEREAS LEX.D.2.10.5 and LEX.D.2.10.6 and LEX.D.2.10.7 could really all just be one paragraph, and

WHEREAS the Prime Ministry and the Ministry of Stuff recognise a need for a secure and central location to hold all the various account access passwords that are out there, so

THEREFORE be it enacted by the Ziu assembled that of El Lexhatx D.2.10 and all of its subsections, which currently read:

2.10. The Minister of Stuff, heading the Ministry of Stuff, which shall be responsible for the promotion of the Kingdom through public relations. The Ministrà del Sanavar da Talossa al Ultra-Fiôvân Folâs (Ministry of Stuff) shall dutifully ensure that the Kingdom and events therein are regularly publicized in any and all worldwide media, and shall produce and circulate on a regular basis a national publication for internal and external promotion of all things Talossan.
2.10.1. A national radio and television network for Talossans, called "RTV" (Regipäts Televiziun), is also under the jurisdiction of the Ministry of Stuff. (6RC7)
2.10.2. The Minister of Stuff may from time to time appoint or dismiss "Social Media Ambassadors", with the power and responsibility to promote Talossa on one or several named website, forum or social media service.
2.10.3. As part of their duties as described in D.2.10 above, the Ministry of Stuff shall be responsible for the content of the publicly-readable Internet presence of the Kingdom, excluding those websites under the jurisdiction of other entities of the Kingdom as described in El Lexhátx A.20 or elsewhere in El Lexhátx. They shall be directly responsible for the content of one or more websites named as the 'official' website(s) of the Kingdom, and ensuring the availability for all Talossans of the following: a) the records of the Scribery as described in C.1.2; b) up-to-date information on the personnel of all Government, Royal Household, Civil Service and Chancery office-holders. (49RZ1)
2.10.4. Talossa.com and Kingdomoftalossa.net are the property of the government and shall be run by the ministry of STUFF. (50RZ31)
2.10.5. The Talossan Web Registrant is the officer within the Ministry of STUFF who acts as the domain name registrant of Talossa.com. The Talossan Web Registrant can be appointed and dismissed by the Minister of STUFF.
2.10.6. The Talossan Web Registrant shall inform the government of any payments made towards domain registration and hosting of Talossa.com, Kingdomoftalossa.net and other government run websites.
2.10.7. The Ministry of STUFF shall reimburse the Talossan Web Registrant for any payments towards domain registration and hosting of Talossa.com and other government run websites no later than during the Third Clark of the next Cosa term provided the Ministry has been properly informed.

are hereby stricken in full and replaced with the following:

2.10 The Minister of Stuff, heading the Ministry of Stuff (Ministrà del Sanavar da Talossa al Ultra-Fiôvân Folâs), which shall be responsible for the internal and external promotion of the Kingdom, all events therein and all things Talossan through public relations, and shall dutifully ensure that the Kingdom and its events are regularly publicised and may use any means and media available to them to achieve this.

2.10.1 The Ministry of Stuff shall be responsible for the content and administration of the publicly-readable Internet presence of the Kingdom, excluding those websites under explicit jurisdiction of other entities of the Kingdom as described in El Lexhátx A.20 or elsewhere in El Lexhátx. They shall be directly responsible for the content of one or more websites named as the 'official' website(s) of the Kingdom, and ensuring the availability, for all Talossans, of the following: a) the records of the Scribery as described in C.1.2; b) up-to-date information on the personnel of all Government, Royal Household, Civil Service and Chancery office-holders.

2.10.2 Talossa.com and Kingdomoftalossa.net are the property of the government and shall be operated by the ministry of STUFF.

2.10.3 There shall exist within the Ministry of Stuff an officer to be known as The Talossan Web Registrant who shall act as the domain name registrant for the domains stated in D.2.10.2 and any other government operated domains as required. The Talossan Web Registrant shall be appointed and dismissed by the Minister of STUFF.  The Talossan Web Registrant shall inform the government of any payments due or made towards domain registration and hosting of any government operated websites and domains and shall be reimbursed for any payments made as soon as is practicably possible and in accordance with all law relating to the governmental budget.

2.10.4 The Minister of Stuff shall ensure that access details for all official internet accounts are held in a secure and central location and shall ensure the continuity and smooth handover of these details between changes of government.

Noi urent q'estadra så,
The Right Honourable Éovart Grischun - Senator (Vuode) and Minister of Stuff
The Most Honourable Seneschal Dame Miestrâ Schivâ, UrN - Member of Cosa
Eovart Grischun S.H.

Former Distain
Former Minister
Former Senator for Vuode

Miestră Schivă, UrN

PROTECT THE ORGLAW FROM POWER GRABS - NO POLITICISED KING! Vote THE FREE DEMOCRATS OF TALOSSA
¡LADINTSCHIÇETZ-VOI - rogetz-mhe cacsa!
"IS INACTIVITY BAD? I THINK NOT!" - Lord Hooligan

Miestră Schivă, UrN

Quote from: Eðo Grischun on September 21, 2020, 08:51:40 PM
2.10 The Minister of Stuff, heading the Ministry of Stuff (Ministrà del Sanavar da Talossa al Ultra-Fiôvân Folâs), which shall be responsible for the internal and external promotion of the Kingdom, all events therein and all things Talossan through public relations, and shall dutifully ensure that the Kingdom and it's events are regularly publicised and may use any means and media available to them to achieve this.

*its

(This is the kind of stuff the Legislative Janitor will be in charge of finding one day!)

PROTECT THE ORGLAW FROM POWER GRABS - NO POLITICISED KING! Vote THE FREE DEMOCRATS OF TALOSSA

Eðo Grischun

Quote from: Miestră Schivă, UrN on September 22, 2020, 12:43:52 AM
Quote from: Eðo Grischun on September 21, 2020, 08:51:40 PM
2.10 The Minister of Stuff, heading the Ministry of Stuff (Ministrà del Sanavar da Talossa al Ultra-Fiôvân Folâs), which shall be responsible for the internal and external promotion of the Kingdom, all events therein and all things Talossan through public relations, and shall dutifully ensure that the Kingdom and it's events are regularly publicised and may use any means and media available to them to achieve this.

*its

(This is the kind of stuff the Legislative Janitor will be in charge of finding one day!)

Oops.  I've made that exact same typo millions of times. Nearly every time I go to type "its" my fingers bash out "it's". Bad muscle memory or something. A LOT of my edited posts going back years have been because of that same typo.

Fixed. Thanks.
Eovart Grischun S.H.

Former Distain
Former Minister
Former Senator for Vuode

Açafat del Val

Quote from: Miestră Schivă, UrN on September 22, 2020, 12:43:52 AM

Or the Túischac'h can have something to do for once, besides pomp and circumstance! ;)

And the Mençei!
Cheers,

AdV
ex-Senator for Florencia
Jolly Good Fellow of the Royal Talossan College of Arms

Miestră Schivă, UrN

It would be good to talk to the current Túischac'h and Mençéi, now that we have one of each, as to whether they would be happy with Legislative Janitorial duties; or whether they would like to have a role in choosing one.

Sir Txec dal Nordselvă, UrB

Quote from: Miestră Schivă, UrN on September 22, 2020, 03:16:49 PM
It would be good to talk to the current Túischac'h and Mençéi, now that we have one of each, as to whether they would be happy with Legislative Janitorial duties; or whether they would like to have a role in choosing one.

I don't think any member of the Cosa has actually voted for a Túischac'h yet. I only see a nomination.
Sir Txec Róibeard dal Nordselvă, UrB, GST, O.SPM, SMM
Secretár d'Estat
Guaír del Sabor Talossan
The Squirrel Viceroy of Arms, The Rouge Elephant Herald, RTCoA
Cunstaval da Vuode
Justice Emeritus of the Uppermost Cort
Former Seneschal