GV

Copy/pasted from his memberpage:

Date Registered:
    Witt XIV 06 December 2019, 17:48:56
Local Time:
    Witt XIV 24 September 2020, 20:06:28
Last Active:
    Witt XIV 01 August 2020, 17:58:21

John, we know you are in good health, and we hope there is not a personal / family issue keeping you from being able to do your job as monarch.

If you are unable to do your job as King right now, appoint a regent.  A simple email or witt post will suffice.

Many thanks!

GV, Senator-Fiôvâ

Miestră Schivă, UrN

I humbly suggest GV for Regent, or failing that, myself, just for the heart attacks it would cause :D

PROTECT THE ORGLAW FROM POWER GRABS - NO POLITICISED KING! Vote THE FREE DEMOCRATS OF TALOSSA
¡LADINTSCHIÇETZ-VOI - rogetz-mhe cacsa!
"IS INACTIVITY BAD? I THINK NOT!" - Lord Hooligan

Marcel Eðo Pairescu Tafial, UrGP

I have a crazy idea, here me out:

how about making Regent an elected office? Like, if the King is absent for some amount of time X (say, a month or so), the elected Regent would step in and do his jobs in his name or something until he's back.

I havent thought this through at all, let me know if my idea sucks.
Editing posts is my thing. My bad.
Feel free to PM me if you have a Glheþ translation request!

el PARTI TAFIALISTÀ, voastra va facçal in la 56 58:téa Cosă.

NRB

isn't there like a hand of the king or some shit

GV

GV

Quote from: Miestră Schivă, UrN on September 24, 2020, 08:15:40 PM
I humbly suggest GV for Regent, or failing that, myself, just for the heart attacks it would cause :D

The first-ever Regent was JJ in 2001.  I believe it was because of the trip Ben & Amy made to Europe which happened at the same time as 9-11.

NRB

well we should name a hand of the king obv.

Açafat del Val

The gears of government should not come to a halt because a lifetime-appointed official has resorted to nonfeasance. At a certain point, this level of negligence by John starts to drift into malfeasance territory; we're not there yet, but we are headed there.

It's almost like our head of state should face an annual or biannual election in order to keep him/her accountable. What is that called? ... Oh, a republic!
Cheers,

AdV
ex-Senator for Florencia
Jolly Good Fellow of the Royal Talossan College of Arms

NRB

I'm not saying we should violently depose the crown, but I'm also not not saying that.