State Opening of the Cosă

Started by Miestră Schivă, UrN, October 10, 2020, 01:56:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Miestră Schivă, UrN

Estimadăs és estimats citaxhiens, I draw your attention to El Lexhatx H.1.1.:

QuoteFollowing each General Election there shall be an official "State Opening of the Cosa". At the start of the State Opening, the new Seneschal shall be sworn to the office publicly. The Sovereign shall then deliver a speech outlining the Government's legislative agenda and programme for the term. The contents of this speech shall be communicated to the Sovereign by the incoming Seneschal prior to the ceremony. The Seneschal may announce Cabinet Ministers during the ceremony. A rebuttal by the Leader of the Opposition shall follow, which may be followed by a further rebuttal by the leader of the third largest party. When practical, the State Opening shall be held during an official Living Cosă for which food and drink shall be featured and as many Talossans as possible shall be invited to attend.

I have the pleasure to announce that the Government has set the State Opening of the 55th Cosă for Saturday, October 24th, TST. We hope to confirm that date with His Majesty, and we are working on the content of the Speech from the Throne.

Questions? Comments?

PROTECT THE ORGLAW FROM POWER GRABS - NO POLITICISED KING! Vote THE FREE DEMOCRATS OF TALOSSA
¡LADINTSCHIÇETZ-VOI - rogetz-mhe cacsa!
"IS INACTIVITY BAD? I THINK NOT!" - Lord Hooligan

Tierçéu Rôibeardescù

I would like to stream and possibly record this?
Túischac'h of the 55th Cosa
MC, 55th Cosa, League of Center Conservatives
Secretary-General of the League of centre conservatives
Member of the L'Etats de Cézembre

Miestră Schivă, UrN

Assuming it happens, then absolutely great. I think it would be best to have the Speech from the Throne, the Reply from the Leader of the Opposition, and the announcement of Ministers live.

... if the King doesn't turn up, will I have to give the Speech myself?

PROTECT THE ORGLAW FROM POWER GRABS - NO POLITICISED KING! Vote THE FREE DEMOCRATS OF TALOSSA
¡LADINTSCHIÇETZ-VOI - rogetz-mhe cacsa!
"IS INACTIVITY BAD? I THINK NOT!" - Lord Hooligan

Tierçéu Rôibeardescù

If it could pre-recorded and played out live :)
Túischac'h of the 55th Cosa
MC, 55th Cosa, League of Center Conservatives
Secretary-General of the League of centre conservatives
Member of the L'Etats de Cézembre

Baron Alexandreu Davinescu

Acting as regent for the crown, I can confirm that I will be able to appear at this event.  Please communicate the necessary speech as soon as possible, so that I can record it in a decent fashion.
Alexandreu Davinescu, Baron Davinescu del Vilatx Freiric del Vilatx Freiric es Guaír del Sabor Talossan

Bitter struggles deform their participants in subtle, complicated ways. ― Zadie Smith
Revolution is an art that I pursue rather than a goal I expect to achieve. ― Robert Heinlein