Independent Progressive Statement on the 63rd GE

Started by Breneir Tzaracomprada, September 01, 2026, 07:20:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Breneir Tzaracomprada

I confess I was genuinely surprised that neither the URL nor PA achieved a majority this time around. And I am glad that I made no bets on it. The option that appears obvious but may also present some difficulty is a grand coalition between the URL and the PA. This represents the best option for a stable government that with such a commanding majority might be able to take action on big issues and have a government that it is not propped up largely by one person. It is conceivable because they both largely cooperated during the last term informally. Perhaps that was a dry run for such a formal grand coalition this time.

As I mentioned in my party statement I stand ready to serve should folks have the courage to look forward. I stepped away from the Green Party so they could do so. I hope others will do the same.
Breneir: Independent Progressive Party
Blessed to struggle against grudges for grudges sake

Breneir Tzaracomprada

One short additional remark: The number of present votes seems unusually high. I am wondering what can be gleaned from it. Besides the two royal abstentions per tradition does this mean higher than normal "none of the above" constituency.
Breneir: Independent Progressive Party
Blessed to struggle against grudges for grudges sake

Breneir Tzaracomprada

If a grand coalition between the PA and URL or a Government of National Unity including major and minor parties can make headway on the issues facing Talossa then please get to work. The major parties spent considerable energy during the last term on issues unrelated to what has been an ongoing (years, not months or weeks) activity issue. I am glad that this issue can be used as a basis for the formation of a truly productive government. The Independent Progressive party, assuming that the boycott continues, pledges its assistance as a member of the Opposition in ensuring that this Coalition is held responsible for its results not slogans or branding.
Breneir: Independent Progressive Party
Blessed to struggle against grudges for grudges sake

Breneir Tzaracomprada

During the 57th or 58th GE one of the benefits I saw in a TNC-FreeDems grand coalition was that it would make it easier to fill and maintain an active cabinet. I say this to express my surprise that with the two largest parties with large Cosa lists they still have people doubling up on portfolios. Three people with two portfolios.

I am thankful they've stepped up to serve but hope we will consider, in our inevitable next round of reforms, that maybe the government is larger than necessary or feasibility.

I also look forward to the Royal Commission or other initiative to address the ongoing activity crisis. I await the King's Speech for details on government action on the matter. Particularly with a focus on retaining new citizens through identifying and cultivating their interests. The work of TalossAssistants must continue with new citizens beyond their initial immigration. Because we have a problem keeping citizens not recruiting them.

All hands on deck, indeed. Or this ship is headed for very rocky shores.
Breneir: Independent Progressive Party
Blessed to struggle against grudges for grudges sake