This version of Wittenberg is now the legal national forum for Talossa! Feel free to explore it, and to check out the threads for feedback, requests and criticisms to make sure Wittenberg is tailored to you.

Author Topic: A Short Statement from the Leader of the Opposition  (Read 103 times)

Offline Ian Plätschisch

• Leader-presumptive of His Majesty's Loyal Opposition
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
A Short Statement from the Leader of the Opposition
« on: October 15, 2020, 09:19:34 PM »
Azul,

Let me be among those to congratulate Sir Alexandreu on his appointment as Regent. May he serve the Kingdom admirably.

While I will not engage here in a point-by-point rebuttal of the Government's statement, I nevertheless believe the castigations contained within it are quite overblown. While it is no secret I have my criticisms of the King, his appointment of a Regent hardly strikes me as the epochal event the Seneschal makes it out to be.

I do, however, caution the newly-appointed Regent that the Government's claims are not entirely without merit. Workng together effectively requires a special effort when such enmity is present, and I expect that from both sides.

I therefore strongly encourage the Regent not to veto a bill unless he has explained his opposition to it before it is Clarked. This is the same standard I have applied to the King several times before.

Signed,
Ian Plätschisch
Leader of His Majesty's Loyal Opposition
« Last Edit: October 15, 2020, 09:21:10 PM by Ian Plätschisch »