The Good & Welfare Act

Started by Breneir Tzaracomprada, September 29, 2026, 11:10:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Breneir Tzaracomprada

@Françal I. Lux Finance Minister, what do you think of this idea? I have made a couple of posts on the matter because I think the Kingdom being able to respond in some official way, even if it is small, would be a meaningful aspect of Talossan citizenship. I acknowledge a lack of legislation does not prohibit it from happening but legislative endorsement would not be a bad thing.

-------

Whereas, the Finance Minister is authorized by El Lex D.2.8.8. "to create, manage, and promote a voluntary fundraising campaign to the citizens of Talossa and other interested parties each year," and

Whereas, recent news of Talossans experiencing illness or grief ignites a desire for official acts of solidarity and kindness by their government, and

Whereas, such official acts of solidarity and kindness while small and limited can be a meaningful contribution to the good and welfare of Talossa's citizens.

Therefore, be it resolved, by the Ziu of the Kingdom of Talossa that the Finance Ministry is encouraged to promote a voluntary fundraising campaign for the purpose of establishing a Good & Welfare fund for Talossans encountering hardship, grief, or illness, and

Be it further resolved, that before the commencement of such campaign the Finance Ministry is encouraged to:

Develop guidelines defining hardship, grief, or illness for the purposes of accessing the fund, and

Develop guidelines that ensure procedural fairness and transparency, and

Publish procedures for disbursement.

Uréu q'estadra så,
Breneir Tzaracomprada (MC-BREN)

Breneir: Independent Progressive Party
Blessed to struggle against grudges for grudges sake

Françal I. Lux

Quote from: Breneir Tzaracomprada on September 29, 2026, 11:10:13 PM@Françal I. Lux Finance Minister, what do you think of this idea? I have made a couple of posts on the matter because I think the Kingdom being able to respond in some official way, even if it is small, would be a meaningful aspect of Talossan citizenship. I acknowledge a lack of legislation does not prohibit it from happening but legislative endorsement would not be a bad thing.

-------

Whereas, the Finance Minister is authorized by El Lex D.2.8.8. "to create, manage, and promote a voluntary fundraising campaign to the citizens of Talossa and other interested parties each year," and

Whereas, recent news of Talossans experiencing illness or grief ignites a desire for official acts of solidarity and kindness by their government, and

Whereas, such official acts of solidarity and kindness while small and limited can be a meaningful contribution to the good and welfare of Talossa's citizens.

Therefore, be it resolved, by the Ziu of the Kingdom of Talossa that the Finance Ministry is encouraged to promote a voluntary fundraising campaign for the purpose of establishing a Good & Welfare fund for Talossans encountering hardship, grief, or illness, and

Be it further resolved, that before the commencement of such campaign, the Finance Ministry develop guidelines defining hardship, grief, or illness for the purposes of accessing the fund and procedures for disbursement.

Uréu q'estadra så,
Breneir Tzaracomprada (MC-BREN)

I like the idea in principle.

I'd like it to have some guardrails though with provisions to ensure transparency and fairness.
F. I. Lux

Breneir Tzaracomprada

Quote from: Françal I. Lux on September 30, 2026, 05:32:10 PMI'd like it to have some guardrails though with provisions to ensure transparency and fairness.

Francal, thank you. This is a very good point and I would welcome collaboration on developing those guidelines. I think this kind of program would help build the kind of connection between citizen and government that other efforts like some parts of the TalossaWare succeed in.
Breneir: Independent Progressive Party
Blessed to struggle against grudges for grudges sake

Breneir Tzaracomprada

Quote from: Françal I. Lux on September 30, 2026, 05:32:10 PM
Quote from: Breneir Tzaracomprada on September 29, 2026, 11:10:13 PM@Françal I. Lux Finance Minister, what do you think of this idea? I have made a couple of posts on the matter because I think the Kingdom being able to respond in some official way, even if it is small, would be a meaningful aspect of Talossan citizenship. I acknowledge a lack of legislation does not prohibit it from happening but legislative endorsement would not be a bad thing.

-------

Whereas, the Finance Minister is authorized by El Lex D.2.8.8. "to create, manage, and promote a voluntary fundraising campaign to the citizens of Talossa and other interested parties each year," and

Whereas, recent news of Talossans experiencing illness or grief ignites a desire for official acts of solidarity and kindness by their government, and

Whereas, such official acts of solidarity and kindness while small and limited can be a meaningful contribution to the good and welfare of Talossa's citizens.

Therefore, be it resolved, by the Ziu of the Kingdom of Talossa that the Finance Ministry is encouraged to promote a voluntary fundraising campaign for the purpose of establishing a Good & Welfare fund for Talossans encountering hardship, grief, or illness, and

Be it further resolved, that before the commencement of such campaign, the Finance Ministry develop guidelines defining hardship, grief, or illness for the purposes of accessing the fund and procedures for disbursement.

Uréu q'estadra så,
Breneir Tzaracomprada (MC-BREN)

I like the idea in principle.

I'd like it to have some guardrails though with provisions to ensure transparency and fairness.

Based on your feedback I split the second resolved clause into three parts. I know this has quite an uphill climb toward passing but I hope in time this initiative perhaps under a different sponsor might come to be enacted.
Breneir: Independent Progressive Party
Blessed to struggle against grudges for grudges sake