The Sword of Damocles (Regency) Act

Started by Miestră Schivă, UrN, October 18, 2020, 06:29:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Miestră Schivă, UrN

IN ACCORDANCE WITH the recent Government statement on the Regency;

AND IN THE UNDERSTANDING THAT the issue here is the King's signal disrespect to the Ziu in making this appointment without warning or consultation, rather than any fault in the Regent;

AND IN THE UNDERSTANDING THAT this bill is being Hoppered so that it may be Clarked and and when necessary, that being in the case of irretrievable breakdown between the Regent and the Government/Ziu majority;

AND IN THE UNDERSTANDING THAT the details of any such breakdown will be included in this Preamble before any Clarking;

BE IT ENACTED by the Ziu of Talossa that, in accordance with Organic Law II.5, Sir Alexandreu Davinescù is removed from the position of Regent of the Kingdom of Talossa.

PROTECT THE ORGLAW FROM POWER GRABS - NO POLITICISED KING! Vote THE FREE DEMOCRATS OF TALOSSA
¡LADINTSCHIÇETZ-VOI - rogetz-mhe cacsa!
"IS INACTIVITY BAD? I THINK NOT!" - Lord Hooligan

Baron Alexandreu Davinescu

I believe I am duty-bound to object to this, since His Majesty clearly indicated his wishes were that I serve him as regent for now and since the Ziu has often expressed a desire to know as early as possible when the crown objects to a proposed bill.  I am not threatening to veto the bill at this time, since it seems to be a hypothetical bill to address a hypothetical future problem, but duty obliges me to say that I disagree with the proposal.
Alexandreu Davinescu, Baron Davinescu del Vilatx Freiric del Vilatx Freiric es Guaír del Sabor Talossan

Bitter struggles deform their participants in subtle, complicated ways. ― Zadie Smith
Revolution is an art that I pursue rather than a goal I expect to achieve. ― Robert Heinlein

Baron Alexandreu Davinescu

Oh, quick side note: my last name doesn't have an accent mark.  It never has.
Alexandreu Davinescu, Baron Davinescu del Vilatx Freiric del Vilatx Freiric es Guaír del Sabor Talossan

Bitter struggles deform their participants in subtle, complicated ways. ― Zadie Smith
Revolution is an art that I pursue rather than a goal I expect to achieve. ― Robert Heinlein

Miestră Schivă, UrN

Just keeping this "active" in the Hopper. You know, in case we need it.

PROTECT THE ORGLAW FROM POWER GRABS - NO POLITICISED KING! Vote THE FREE DEMOCRATS OF TALOSSA
¡LADINTSCHIÇETZ-VOI - rogetz-mhe cacsa!
"IS INACTIVITY BAD? I THINK NOT!" - Lord Hooligan