State Opening & next Joint Session planning

Started by Sir Lüc, Today at 05:58:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sir Lüc

Azul,

seeing as there are now presiding officers in place for both Houses of the Ziu, and in my capacity as Deputy Túischac'h, I would like to belatedly kick off preparations for the State Opening of the Ziu.

Unlike the First Clark of the previous term, most MZs have voted already and the slate consists of nonbinding resolutions only, so I would rather start thinking about a November Joint Session now, and leave the State Opening to be strictly about the swearing-in and connected formalities, and (I strongly suggest) some time to debate Hoppered bills face-to-face. This also means we don't strictly need to hold this before the Clark is over.

I have created the following link to track attendance: https://www.when2meet.com/?39113703-8hwkS

Paging ministers, major party leaders & King & Mençei for their availability:

@Baron Alexandreu Davinescu @Miestră Schivă, UrN-GC @Mic'haglh Autófil, O.Be @xpb @Françal I. Lux @Marcel Eðo Pairescu Tafial, UrGP @Danihel Txechescu @þerxh Sant-Enogat @Antaglha Xhenerös Somelieir @King Txec @Crement Itravilatx @Breneir Tzaracomprada @Garth Spencer
Sir Lüc da Schir, UrB
Secretary of State / Secretar d'Estat

Sir Lüc

  • Of course, if a significant number of crucial attendees cannot make it, there's provisions in place to hold a textual state opening here.
  • Once more, while I don't think it's worthwhile to vote on the Clark, I would encourage people to think about reserving some time for face-to-face debate on their own Hoppered bills, which I think would be more productive and helpful.
  • Also, once this is settled, I would already like to start planning the November Informal Joint Session -- it's Budget month and I would really like to afford the Government and MinFin a proper chance at presenting it.
Sir Lüc da Schir, UrB
Secretary of State / Secretar d'Estat

King Txec

I have marked my availability.

-Txec R
TXEC R, by the Grace of God, King of Talossa and of all its Realms and Regions, King of Cézembre, Sovereign Lord and Protector of Pengöpäts and the New Falklands, Defender of the Faith, Leader of the Armed Forces, Viceroy of Hoxha and Vicar of Atatürk