News:

Welcome to Wittenberg!

Main Menu

"Stand Tall, Talossans" but with more notes

Started by Adam Grigoriu, September 17, 2020, 02:18:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Adam Grigoriu

I've spent the last day or so working on a rearrangement of "Stand Tall, Talossans". I'm not particularly great at arranging, and if there's anything that can be improved I love suggestions. :)

Also, there's a few things that are kinda funky in the MP3 because Musescore doesn't render the playback perfectly. They're hopefully clear in the score.
Current
    Director of the Office of Preparedness and Response, RTMC HQ

Former
    Minister of the Interior & Permanent Secretary for Immigration

Açafat del Val

This is so great!

Could we get an HD version and put it up on the website?
Cheers,

AdV
ex-Senator for Florencia
Jolly Good Fellow of the Royal Talossan College of Arms

Adam Grigoriu

I might dig out my DAW and try to get something that's not basically a demo, but we'll see. I have some other plans up my sleeve, but we'll see where that goes.
Current
    Director of the Office of Preparedness and Response, RTMC HQ

Former
    Minister of the Interior & Permanent Secretary for Immigration

Eðo Grischun

Thread hijack and off-topic alert.

I'm currently* working on a couple of EDM (trancey-ish) cover versions.  One is Bob Seger's Still the Same and the other is Friends of Mr Cairo by Jon & Vangelis.  Aye, they will probably end up sounding as bonkers as you are thinking. 

* I say currently.  I've been working on them for most of the year and spend about 15 minutes per fortnight on it (aka when I can feel like being arsed with it).

I'm liking that more and more versions of the National Anthem keep popping up.  Good stuff. 

Eovart Grischun S.H.

Former Distain
Former Minister
Former Senator for Vuode

Miestră Schivă, UrN

Quote from: Eðo Grischun on September 27, 2020, 02:54:20 AM
Friends of Mr Cairo by Jon & Vangelis.

Ha ha, as a Yes nerd from way back I've been introducing the missus to Jon Anderson's style of lyric writing and she's all like "wow, that's not even English"

PROTECT THE ORGLAW FROM POWER GRABS - NO POLITICISED KING! Vote THE FREE DEMOCRATS OF TALOSSA
¡LADINTSCHIÇETZ-VOI - rogetz-mhe cacsa!
"IS INACTIVITY BAD? I THINK NOT!" - Lord Hooligan

DNVercaria

Off topic: I'm yet another musical solo sailor over here, nice to see that so many of you are sharing this passion. The corona lockdown in March and April made me "dig out the DAW" again, to say it in the words of Adam.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_nz4PXdkTTE

Tierçéu Rôibeardescù

Quote from: Adam Grigoriu on September 17, 2020, 02:18:43 PM
I've spent the last day or so working on a rearrangement of "Stand Tall, Talossans". I'm not particularly great at arranging, and if there's anything that can be improved I love suggestions. :)

Also, there's a few things that are kinda funky in the MP3 because Musescore doesn't render the playback perfectly. They're hopefully clear in the score.

Adam, I hope its ok, But would you be willing to allow this to be played as part of the Ziu opening ceremony?
Túischac'h of the 55th Cosa
MC, 55th Cosa, League of Center Conservatives
Secretary-General of the League of centre conservatives
Member of the L'Etats de Cézembre