Ár glheþ in direct

Started by Miestră Schivă, UrN, October 24, 2020, 05:16:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Miestră Schivă, UrN

Based on my brief conversation with the Túischac'h at the State Opening of Parliament, I can now declare that I think it imperative that we have regular live audio chats using the Talossan language because, without that, no-one apart from we language nerds who can read IPA have clue one how it's actually supposed to sound.

Ziscutetz.

PROTECT THE ORGLAW FROM POWER GRABS - NO POLITICISED KING! Vote THE FREE DEMOCRATS OF TALOSSA
¡LADINTSCHIÇETZ-VOI - rogetz-mhe cacsa!
"IS INACTIVITY BAD? I THINK NOT!" - Lord Hooligan

Marcel Eðo Pairescu Tafial, UrGP

I'm all in favour. The only problem with that would be that the vast majority of Ladintschen are nowhere near fluent enough for this to work live (at least I'm certainly not, I have to look up every other word). What we could do in the meantime would be to have some kind of (semi-)scripted show, not sure what that would look like in practice though.
Editing posts is my thing. My bad.
Feel free to PM me if you have a Glheþ translation request!

el PARTI TAFIALISTÀ, voastra va facçal in la 56 58:téa Cosă.

Miestră Schivă, UrN

I don't think an ALL-glheþ broadcast is necessary or possible, but just one in which we show off the pronunciation of some commonly used words. I don't know if you were watching, but the Leader of the Opposition pronounced "Ziu" in two different ways in his rebuttal, lol.

It should be a live dialogue at best, because honestly I don't know whether you guys pronounce the same way as I do. (I remember that I always used to pronounce the O in Talossa in the same way as in English "loss" until I was forcibly corrected.)

PROTECT THE ORGLAW FROM POWER GRABS - NO POLITICISED KING! Vote THE FREE DEMOCRATS OF TALOSSA

Ian Plätschisch

Quote from: Miestră Schivă, UrN on October 24, 2020, 05:43:13 PM
I don't think an ALL-glheþ broadcast is necessary or possible, but just one in which we show off the pronunciation of some commonly used words. I don't know if you were watching, but the Leader of the Opposition pronounced "Ziu" in two different ways in his rebuttal, lol.
Heh, I noticed halfway through I was saying ZY-u rather than ZEE-u and then switched.

Quote from: Miestră Schivă, UrN on October 24, 2020, 05:43:13 PMI don't think an ALL-glheþ broadcast is necessary or possible, but just one in which we show off the pronunciation of some commonly used words. I don't know if you were watching, but the Leader of the Opposition pronounced "Ziu" in two different ways in his rebuttal, lol.

It should be a live dialogue at best, because honestly I don't know whether you guys pronounce the same way as I do.
Fair enough. Perhaps it'd help to combat the Cestourats' tendency to pronounce the L in azul and other such things, and I think I heard some pronunciation errors in your oath as well? Error might be too strong of a word, but I believe you stressed the adverbial ending -mint at some point, I missed your speech so I cant verify that until the VoD is uploaded.

(I remember that I always used to pronounce the O in Talossa in the same way as in English "loss" until I was forcibly corrected.)
Hey, I also do that!

So, how would we go about this? Any concrete plans or suggestions?

Iac Marscheir

Voice or video chats on the Discord server, and someone makes a screen recording on their computer.

Quote from: Iac Marscheir on October 28, 2020, 11:26:12 AM
Voice or video chats on the Discord server, and someone makes a screen recording on their computer.
Alright, so we have a "what" and "how", whats missing is the "when", and maybe the "who".

Miestră Schivă, UrN

BUMP. What a good idea this was, and we still have to do it.

Quote from: Miestră Schivă, UrN on August 25, 2021, 03:43:32 AM
BUMP. What a good idea this was, and we still have to do it.
¡¡Ausolümint!! We never scheduled a meet-up. We should do that now.

Miestră Schivă, UrN

Is this a situation where everyone is waiting around waiting for someone else to do it?

I'm waiting for anyone else to tell me when they have the time for a voice chat since my own schedule is extremely irregular and its easier for me to adapt to other peoples' schedules than vice versa.

On that note: When do you have time, Miestră?

Miestră Schivă, UrN

I'm in time zone GMT+12, so I'm probably not going to be available synchronously at the best of times. Best for the Northern Hemisphere to work this out and I'll see if I can make it.

Françal I. Lux

I for one am available all day every Mondays and Tuesdays

F. I. Lux
Minister of Interior
F. I. Lux, Minister of Interior