Question for the Avocat-Xheneral

Started by Baron Alexandreu Davinescu, November 02, 2020, 11:26:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Baron Alexandreu Davinescu

S:reu Avocat-Xheneral:

It has been about ten months since the "Appeal of Judgement re: Legality of non-Talossan Name" case.  It is my understanding that the appeal is complete and Senator Pinatsch cannot be in any further jeopardy about the matter, but has anything been undertaken to correct what the appeals cort called "serious errors in law and procedure" in the original decision, either in a judicial or legislative sense?
Alexandreu Davinescu, Baron Davinescu del Vilatx Freiric del Vilatx Freiric es Guaír del Sabor Talossan

Bitter struggles deform their participants in subtle, complicated ways. ― Zadie Smith
Revolution is an art that I pursue rather than a goal I expect to achieve. ― Robert Heinlein

Miestră Schivă, UrN

POINT OF ORDER: Terpelaziuns, as described in El Lexhatx H.2, are for MCs and Senators to ask, not the King or his Appointee.

The Regent is of course perfectly entitled to ask any such questions, but they're not "Terps". Yes, this means that the Minister of STUFF was wrong to rephrase the Regent's questions about the sequelae of the "Guy Incognito" case as a Terp.

PROTECT THE ORGLAW FROM POWER GRABS - NO POLITICISED KING! Vote THE FREE DEMOCRATS OF TALOSSA
¡LADINTSCHIÇETZ-VOI - rogetz-mhe cacsa!
"IS INACTIVITY BAD? I THINK NOT!" - Lord Hooligan

Title of the thread modified appropriately :-)
Alexandreu Davinescu, Baron Davinescu del Vilatx Freiric del Vilatx Freiric es Guaír del Sabor Talossan

Bitter struggles deform their participants in subtle, complicated ways. ― Zadie Smith
Revolution is an art that I pursue rather than a goal I expect to achieve. ― Robert Heinlein

Açafat del Val

It is the intention of the Ministry of Justice that corrective and affirmative actions be made in the course of "revamping" the OrgLaw and El Lexhatx.

Thus: in the judicial sense, no, but in the legislative sense, yes.
Cheers,

AdV
ex-Senator for Florencia
Jolly Good Fellow of the Royal Talossan College of Arms

You intend on "revamping" the Organic Law again?  It hasn't been a year since the last "revamp."