News:

Welcome to Wittenberg!

Main Menu

55th Cosa 1st Clark Voting and Discussion thread

Started by Tierçéu Rôibeardescù, November 01, 2020, 06:56:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tierçéu Rôibeardescù

Order Order!

I call to order the first seating of the 55th Cosa.

For ease of discussion and moderation please indicate the bill in question OR it RZ number.

Firstly I wish to call The Seneschal ( @Miestră Schivă, UrN ) to the dispatch box for there opening statements, followed by a official retort from the Opposition (preferably from a member of the chamber) with a retort. Any further discussion is invited after these opening statements. Please address each other though the chair.
Voting Is Open, but I encourage the honorable members of the chamber to hear opening statements.

(I am trialing this format of discussion, none of the above is Organically official, feedback welcomed but preferably privately, encouraging pomp, ceremony and measured arguments )
Túischac'h of the 55th Cosa
MC, 55th Cosa, League of Center Conservatives
Secretary-General of the League of centre conservatives
Member of the L'Etats de Cézembre

Tierçéu Rôibeardescù

Quote from: Txosuè Éiric Rôibeardescù on November 01, 2020, 06:56:20 PM
Order Order!

I call to order the first seating of the 55th Cosa.

For ease of discussion and moderation please indicate the bill in question OR it RZ number.

Firstly I wish to call The Seneschal ( @Miestră Schivă, UrN ) to the dispatch box for there opening statements, followed by a official retort from the Opposition (preferably from a member of the chamber) with a retort. Any further discussion is invited after these opening statements. Please address each other though the chair.
Voting Is Open, but I encourage the honorable members of the chamber to hear opening statements.

(I am trialing this format of discussion, none of the above is Organically official, feedback welcomed but preferably privately, encouraging pomp, ceremony and measured arguments )

Ehem
*Cough*
@Miestră Schivă, UrN
@Ian Plätschisch

Miestră Schivă, UrN

I'm sorry, Mr Speaker, but this procedure is entirely new to me, and I'm not entirely sure what you want me to do.

Except to say: "Vote PËR on everything on this Clark". Grült méirçi.

PROTECT THE ORGLAW FROM POWER GRABS - NO POLITICISED KING! Vote THE FREE DEMOCRATS OF TALOSSA
¡LADINTSCHIÇETZ-VOI - rogetz-mhe cacsa!
"IS INACTIVITY BAD? I THINK NOT!" - Lord Hooligan

Tierçéu Rôibeardescù

Quote from: Miestră Schivă, UrN on November 05, 2020, 03:08:35 PM
I'm sorry, Mr Speaker, but this procedure is entirely new to me, and I'm not entirely sure what you want me to do.

Except to say: "Vote PËR on everything on this Clark". Grült méirçi.

Your welcome to make a speech as to why the honarable members should vote PER, but that's completely optional.

Tierçéu Rôibeardescù

In light of no discussion as yet in the chamber I am inclined to abstain entirely as I have no way to gauge the majority and I wish to stand by my promise I made during my election.

If the opposition wish to make a statement or begin a discussion I may be swayed to vote.

Placiej

RZ1 - PER
RZ2 - PER
RZ3 - CON
RZ4 - PER
RZ5 - PER
RZ6 - AUS
RZ7 - PER
RZ8 - PER
RZ9 - CON
RZ10 - PER
RZ11 - AUS
RZ12 - AUS
VoC - Non

Sir Txec dal Nordselvă, UrB

Quote from: Placiej on November 19, 2020, 10:34:50 AM
RZ1 - PER
RZ2 - PER
RZ3 - CON
RZ4 - PER
RZ5 - PER
RZ6 - AUS
RZ7 - PER
RZ8 - PER
RZ9 - CON
RZ10 - PER
RZ11 - AUS
RZ12 - AUS
VoC - AUS

Sorry but it is not yet legal to abstain on the VoC. Please provide either a YES or a NO on the VoC.
Sir Txec Róibeard dal Nordselvă, UrB, GST, O.SPM, SMM
Secretár d'Estat
Guaír del Sabor Talossan
The Squirrel Viceroy of Arms, The Rouge Elephant Herald, RTCoA
Cunstaval da Vuode
Justice Emeritus of the Uppermost Cort
Former Seneschal

Tierçéu Rôibeardescù

RZ1 - PER
RZ2 - PER
RZ3 - CON
RZ4 - PER
RZ5 - PER
RZ6 - AUS
RZ7 - PER
RZ8 - PER
RZ9 - CON
RZ10 - PER
RZ11 - AUS
RZ12 - AUS
VoC -  Per

There has been some discussion with the leader of the LCC that an MC does not have to vote on the VoC under current OrgLaw due to the use of the word "may". My understanding is that, under current law, based on El Lex that if an MC casts an invalid vote on the VoC, as SoS I have to punish them so I guess the issue really is what is an invalid vote?

I did some digging and found that an invalid vote, from 23RZ39 is a vote to abstain on the VoC. I don't see where that law has been changed. It is true that MC's and Senators are voting on a law to remove the reference to punishing MC's, but that is not yet in force.

My legal interpretation is that had the MC in question simply not voted on the VoC, no invalid vote would have been cast. However, the MC in question DID vote on the VoC with abstain. Under current law I cannot accept any of his votes.

I invite the leader of the LCC to challenge this in Cort if necessary. If there are other interpretations I'd also love to hear them.
Secretár d'Estat
Guaír del Sabor Talossan
Cunstaval da Vuode
Former Seneschal

Quote from: Placiej on November 19, 2020, 10:34:50 AM
RZ1 - PER
RZ2 - PER
RZ3 - CON
RZ4 - PER
RZ5 - PER
RZ6 - AUS
RZ7 - PER
RZ8 - PER
RZ9 - CON
RZ10 - PER
RZ11 - AUS
RZ12 - AUS
VoC - Non

Thanks for updating your vote Jordan. Votes entered.
Secretár d'Estat
Guaír del Sabor Talossan
Cunstaval da Vuode
Former Seneschal

Quote from: Dr. Txec Róibeard dal Nordselvă, Esq., O.SPM, SMM on November 21, 2020, 01:02:29 PM
There has been some discussion with the leader of the LCC that an MC does not have to vote on the VoC under current OrgLaw due to the use of the word "may". My understanding is that, under current law, based on El Lex that if an MC casts an invalid vote on the VoC, as SoS I have to punish them so I guess the issue really is what is an invalid vote?

I did some digging and found that an invalid vote, from 23RZ39 is a vote to abstain on the VoC. I don't see where that law has been changed. It is true that MC's and Senators are voting on a law to remove the reference to punishing MC's, but that is not yet in force.

My legal interpretation is that had the MC in question simply not voted on the VoC, no invalid vote would have been cast. However, the MC in question DID vote on the VoC with abstain. Under current law I cannot accept any of his votes.

I invite the leader of the LCC to challenge this in Cort if necessary. If there are other interpretations I'd also love to hear them.

Of course, this whole issue will be completely moot once voting ends and assuming the Regent assents to RZ6.
Secretár d'Estat
Guaír del Sabor Talossan
Cunstaval da Vuode
Former Seneschal

C. M. Siervicül

I vote as follows:

RZ1: Per
RZ2: Per
RZ3: Per
RZ4: Contra, for the reasons stated in the Hopper thread.
RZ5: Per
RZ6: Per
RZ7: Per, though I dislike the CJ title.
RZ8: Schmidt
RZ9: Per
RZ10: Per
RZ11: Contra
RZ12: Austanéu
VoC: Üc

C. M. Siervicül

Sorry, had an editing error for RZ8 but am unable to edit my post. I vote "per" on RZ8.

Iason Taiwos

Am I missing the thread for the second clark? Will my vote count if I post it here? I vote:
RZ13: Per
RZ14: Per
RZ15: Per
RZ16: Per
VoC: Üc

Secretár d'Estat
Guaír del Sabor Talossan
Cunstaval da Vuode