College of Arms, and the leadership thereof

Started by Miestră Schivă, UrN, December 20, 2020, 09:14:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Miestră Schivă, UrN

Estimats cüncitaxhiens, the Government in consultation with the Regent has reached a determination that the Squirrel King of Arms, Lord Hooligan, is no longer in a position to continue his duties. This is distressing to everyone concerned, given his long and stellar record of service in Talossa.

However, there is thankfully an obvious successor - the current Dean of the College of Arms, @Beneditsch Ardprestéir, who has manfully kept the flag of Talossan heraldry flying these past few years.

Therefore, as authorised by El Lexhtatx L.5, I recommend to the King of Talossa acting through his appointed Regent that Beneditsch Ardprestéir be named the Squirrel King of Arms.

Upon his appointment, I would like to schedule a meeting between the new Sq.K.A, myself and the Culture Minister, to determine whether the College should continue its current fully autonomous status, or whether it would benefit from becoming formally part of the Royal Civil Service and thus to benefit from the administrative support of the Ministry of Culture.

Grült méirçi.

PROTECT THE ORGLAW FROM POWER GRABS - NO POLITICISED KING! Vote THE FREE DEMOCRATS OF TALOSSA
¡LADINTSCHIÇETZ-VOI - rogetz-mhe cacsa!
"IS INACTIVITY BAD? I THINK NOT!" - Lord Hooligan

Béneditsch Ardpresteir

I understand that the government has determined that Lord Hooligan is no longer in a position to continue his duties as the Squirrel King of Arms. This is indeed a piece of very distressing news. Further, although am elated with the proposal of my elevation to the post, I would like to propose the name of The Bleu SwordAndScale Herald (or whatever name @C. M. Siervicül chooses) to be the Squirrel King of Arms and I act as his deputy and be the Squirrel Viceroy of Arms.

Even if the new SKA is not available on a regular basis, I would always have some help from the top.

I hope everyone should be happy with this suggested re-arrangement. The Kingdom not only gets its SKA, but its SVA too :)

Dean BenArd
The Noir Eagle Herald
Béneditsch Ardpresteir, Esq., O.SPM, PMPA
Squirrel King of Arms, Royal Talossan College of Arms; The Noir Eagle Herald
Member, Royal Talossan Bar; Vice Admiral, Royal Talossan Navy; Owner-Schneiderian Steels

Formerly:
Justice of the Uppermost Cort; Attorney General; Deputy Immigration Minister; Senator; Member of the Cosa; Undersecretary of State; Premier & Provincial Secretary, Maricopa; Chancellor of the O.SPM; Dean, RTCoA; Jolly Good Fellow

Baron Alexandreu Davinescu

This would be fine with the Crown, if it's fine with the Seneschal (if she wishes to do this and if Cresti's good with it).
Alexandreu Davinescu, Baron Davinescu del Vilatx Freiric del Vilatx Freiric es Guaír del Sabor Talossan

Bitter struggles deform their participants in subtle, complicated ways. ― Zadie Smith
Revolution is an art that I pursue rather than a goal I expect to achieve. ― Robert Heinlein

Açafat del Val

Much congratulations! I hope that the appointment becomes effective soon.
Cheers,

AdV
ex-Senator for Florencia
Jolly Good Fellow of the Royal Talossan College of Arms

C. M. Siervicül

Quote from: Sir Alexandreu Davinescu on December 28, 2020, 12:35:08 PM
This would be fine with the Crown, if it's fine with the Seneschal (if she wishes to do this and if Cresti's good with it).
I would be fine either way, but do hope to be around more regularly going forward.

Miestră Schivă, UrN

Um, yeah, sure.

As authorised by El Lexhtatx L.5, I recommend to the King of Talossa acting through his appointed Regent that Sir C. M. Siervicül be named the Squirrel King of Arms.

PROTECT THE ORGLAW FROM POWER GRABS - NO POLITICISED KING! Vote THE FREE DEMOCRATS OF TALOSSA
¡LADINTSCHIÇETZ-VOI - rogetz-mhe cacsa!
"IS INACTIVITY BAD? I THINK NOT!" - Lord Hooligan

Açafat del Val

Many thanks to the Squirrel King and Squirrel Viceroy for their service heretofore! Talossan heraldry needs you.
Cheers,

AdV
ex-Senator for Florencia
Jolly Good Fellow of the Royal Talossan College of Arms

Béneditsch Ardpresteir

Quote from: Açafat del Val on January 02, 2021, 11:37:53 AM
Many thanks to the Squirrel King and Squirrel Viceroy for their service heretofore! Talossan heraldry needs you.

Thanks, but no thanks. I have still not been appointed as the SVA by the SKA. The Regent, on the advice of the Seneschal has only appointed the SKA as per the provisions of law. Now, it's upto the SKA to form his team; I had simply given a suggestion.

Btw, I urge the SKA to chose his 'Herald' name as it has long upset me to have been a 'Herald' Dean, when my de facto boss, the SVA was still a Pursuivant. It's high time to rectify the anomaly.  Sir CMS is, thus, once again urged to choose his 'Herald' name in the format of <TalossanColour Object Herald>   
Béneditsch Ardpresteir, Esq., O.SPM, PMPA
Squirrel King of Arms, Royal Talossan College of Arms; The Noir Eagle Herald
Member, Royal Talossan Bar; Vice Admiral, Royal Talossan Navy; Owner-Schneiderian Steels

Formerly:
Justice of the Uppermost Cort; Attorney General; Deputy Immigration Minister; Senator; Member of the Cosa; Undersecretary of State; Premier & Provincial Secretary, Maricopa; Chancellor of the O.SPM; Dean, RTCoA; Jolly Good Fellow