News:

Welcome to Wittenberg!

Main Menu

Vote for a new direct URL for Cézembre

Started by xpb, December 25, 2020, 10:57:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

What would be your preference for a new direct URL for Cézembre?

mycezembre.com
1 (50%)
cezembre.us
0 (0%)
cezembre.info
0 (0%)
thecezembre.com
0 (0%)
freecezembre.com
1 (50%)
Something else - mention in the thread below
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 2

Voting closed: January 01, 2021, 10:57:55 PM

xpb

In the murky past, I maintained cezembre.com as a site for our Sovereign Province; alas I let that lapse and it was acquired by other interests.  I want to grab (at my own expense) another URL to point people directly to appropriate pages of background and history and operations and culture

xpb

Açafat del Val

I recognize that I am not a resident or citizen of Cézembre, and therefore may be shushed for speaking without invitation, but: would it not be cheaper, less troublesome, and more sensible to great a subdomain instead? For example, cezembre.talossa.com ?
Cheers,

AdV
ex-Senator for Florencia
Jolly Good Fellow of the Royal Talossan College of Arms

xpb

Quote from: Açafat del Val on December 28, 2020, 01:37:01 PM
I recognize that I am not a resident or citizen of Cézembre, and therefore may be shushed for speaking without invitation, but: would it not be cheaper, less troublesome, and more sensible to great a subdomain instead? For example, cezembre.talossa.com ?

Thanks for the feedback, that is certainly within the realm of possibility and could indeed also be in tandem with other efforts.

xpb

So I am guessing that cezembre.talossa.com might be configurable for a reduced cost as a subdomain - not sure how that might work.

cezembre.is is available via https://www.isnic.is/ (which is a cool name, is could be thought of as "island" as it is the national domain of Iceland.)  Another way to think about is is that Cézembre exists, therefore "is". That would run about $36 per year for the domain registration, or $180 for 5 years at the current rate (the only offer is to automatically renew, but I suppose the rate could change over time)

votes were tallied for mycezembre.com and freecezembre.com
via https://www.whois.com/

either .com would run $9.88 per year for 5 years $49  (.org would be $13.88 / 5yr $69)

Eðo Grischun

If you want Cezembre.talossa.com it can be set up within minutes for you.  We can also, as a matter of courtesy and convenience, install a content management system on it for you (something like Wordpress, Joomla or whatever).

Let me know if you want this and we will get it set up for you.

(also zero cost.  The Kingdom domains have unlimited subdomains included)
Eovart Grischun S.H.

Former Distain
Former Minister
Former Senator for Vuode

xpb

Quote from: Eðo Grischun on January 10, 2021, 11:55:40 AM
If you want Cezembre.talossa.com it can be set up within minutes for you.  We can also, as a matter of courtesy and convenience, install a content management system on it for you (something like Wordpress, Joomla or whatever).

Let me know if you want this and we will get it set up for you.

(also zero cost.  The Kingdom domains have unlimited subdomains included)

S:reu Grischun
Thank you - that is certainly an attractive price with great functionality!  Perhaps there is a template (could be similar to the one in use for TalossaNET which I believe is Wordpress) that might befit the operations of Cézembre which may in the near future include a homesteading office if approved by l'Etats/ - this would be for all the peripheral things like tourism, economic development, arts & letters, sport, etc where the Wittenberg »The Provinces »Cézembre would remain the place for official business within the Kingdom.

Eðo Grischun

Correct.  TalossaNET's backbone is an extremely modified build of WordPress.

Also, bear in mind that the National Webspace at Talossa.com has pages available for each of the provinces.  These can be rejigged and expanded to cover whatever provincial business you like.
Eovart Grischun S.H.

Former Distain
Former Minister
Former Senator for Vuode

xpb

Quote from: Eðo Grischun on January 10, 2021, 10:12:12 PM
Correct.  TalossaNET's backbone is an extremely modified build of WordPress.

Also, bear in mind that the National Webspace at Talossa.com has pages available for each of the provinces.  These can be rejigged and expanded to cover whatever provincial business you like.

From other threads there appears to be excellent progress being made to standardize the wiki and wittenberg and various database functions.  I think that the official business forum for Cézembre should remain within that standardized structure, but TalossaNet has demonstrated an opportunity for the various provinces to express their individuality through pages referencing the standard structure.  One quick example I have whipped up is via google sites which has much more limited functionality than Wordpress or other similar tools.

Amada Merþedes

Looks good. Just had a quick look at the google site and the only thing I'd like to mention is the header maybe shouldnt have writing on. It is hard to read the title

xpb

Quote from: Amada Merþedes on January 12, 2021, 04:54:17 AM
Looks good. Just had a quick look at the google site and the only thing I'd like to mention is the header maybe shouldnt have writing on. It is hard to read the title

Yes that was rather slapdash just as a concept.  A photo of the main beach may be better.

Amada Merþedes

Quote from: xpb on January 12, 2021, 09:02:40 PM
Quote from: Amada Merþedes on January 12, 2021, 04:54:17 AM

Yes that was rather slapdash just as a concept.  A photo of the main beach may be better.

Still looks great overall though