VOTING: The Ranked Choice Constitutional Referendum

Started by Sir Txec dal Nordselvă, UrB, January 10, 2021, 10:36:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Miestră Schivă, UrN

I reached out to the Chancery over the last week on the following issues:

1) questioning when the referendum would start, since it had to be during this Clark.
2) the aforementioned discussion of 50 word statements.
3) in the last few hours I offered my opinion that Sir Pol and the Regent were right and 1-option ballots were perfectly legal, and thus the ballots should be resent.

That's it.

PROTECT THE ORGLAW FROM POWER GRABS - NO POLITICISED KING! Vote THE FREE DEMOCRATS OF TALOSSA
¡LADINTSCHIÇETZ-VOI - rogetz-mhe cacsa!
"IS INACTIVITY BAD? I THINK NOT!" - Lord Hooligan

xpb

Quote from: Dr. Txec Róibeard dal Nordselvă, Esq., O.SPM, SMM on January 10, 2021, 01:02:08 PM
My apologies. I'm not terribly familiar with ranked choice voting so I worded this thread poorly. Voters may of course rank as few or as many as they wish. One-option votes are completely valid.

Thank you for your prompt attention to this matter.

Baron Alexandreu Davinescu

Quote from: Miestră Schivă, UrN on January 10, 2021, 02:35:34 PM
I reached out to the Chancery over the last week on the following issues:

1) questioning when the referendum would start, since it had to be during this Clark.
2) the aforementioned discussion of 50 word statements.
3) in the last few hours I offered my opinion that Sir Pol and the Regent were right and 1-option ballots were perfectly legal, and thus the ballots should be resent.

That's it.
Thank you very much for this clear and complete response to my question.
Alexandreu Davinescu, Baron Davinescu del Vilatx Freiric del Vilatx Freiric es Guaír del Sabor Talossan

Bitter struggles deform their participants in subtle, complicated ways. ― Zadie Smith
Revolution is an art that I pursue rather than a goal I expect to achieve. ― Robert Heinlein

Sir Txec dal Nordselvă, UrB

Quote from: xpb on January 10, 2021, 02:37:37 PM
Quote from: Dr. Txec Róibeard dal Nordselvă, Esq., O.SPM, SMM on January 10, 2021, 01:02:08 PM
My apologies. I'm not terribly familiar with ranked choice voting so I worded this thread poorly. Voters may of course rank as few or as many as they wish. One-option votes are completely valid.

Thank you for your prompt attention to this matter.

Your vote has been processed. Thank you.
Sir Txec Róibeard dal Nordselvă, UrB, GST, O.SPM, SMM
Secretár d'Estat
Guaír del Sabor Talossan
The Squirrel Viceroy of Arms, The Rouge Elephant Herald, RTCoA
Cunstaval da Vuode
Justice Emeritus of the Uppermost Cort
Former Seneschal

Ian Plätschisch

Munditenens Tresplet

I never received a new ballot by email, though I did receive an email stating I would be receiving a new ballot. I did vote my original ballot by ranking second and third options that I would not have chosen had I not been required to choose multiple options.

I would like to cast my only vote as follows:

Rank 1: Option 3: the King of Talossa shall continue to have the political powers granted by the current Organic Law.

(My personal preference would actually strike the words "the current", and revert to a previous iteration of Organic Law as it pertains to the powers of the King, but unfortunately I wasn't around to lobby for a fifth option when this bill was Hoppered.)
Munditenens Tresplet, O.SPM
Royal Governor of Péngöpäts

#KAYELLOW4EVR

Secretár d'Estat
Guaír del Sabor Talossan
Cunstaval da Vuode
Former Seneschal

xpb

Quote from: Dr. Txec Róibeard dal Nordselvă, Esq., O.SPM, SMM on January 11, 2021, 09:39:08 AM
Thanks for the info. I have updated your vote.

Your service to the realm is very much appreciated - yours is a complex and administratively difficult task but all citizens respect your work.

Secretár d'Estat
Guaír del Sabor Talossan
Cunstaval da Vuode
Former Seneschal

Brad Holmes

- That's just like your opinion, man.
- To be seen is to be caught.
- To fly is human, to hover, divine.
- One of the scariest phrases ever: "I'm from the government and I'm here to help."
- Quality, not quantity.

Secretár d'Estat
Guaír del Sabor Talossan
Cunstaval da Vuode
Former Seneschal

Iac Marscheir

C'e cün grült fiirtà q'éu votarhéu per opziun 1: 'n cäps electat d'estat. Q'ár democraçù estadra sublatada!

Pirmalaiset çoiçéu: opziun 1
Secund çoiçéu: opziun 4

Baron Alexandreu Davinescu

Alexandreu Davinescu, Baron Davinescu del Vilatx Freiric del Vilatx Freiric es Guaír del Sabor Talossan

Bitter struggles deform their participants in subtle, complicated ways. ― Zadie Smith
Revolution is an art that I pursue rather than a goal I expect to achieve. ― Robert Heinlein

Quote from: Iac Marscheir on January 18, 2021, 11:28:38 PM
C'e cün grült fiirtà q'éu votarhéu per opziun 1: 'n cäps electat d'estat. Q'ár democraçù estadra sublatada!

With apologies, I don't speak Talossan fluently. Could you please restate this in English? Thank you.
Secretár d'Estat
Guaír del Sabor Talossan
Cunstaval da Vuode
Former Seneschal

Miestră Schivă, UrN

Quote from: Dr. Txec Róibeard dal Nordselvă, Esq., O.SPM, SMM on January 19, 2021, 02:16:51 PM
With apologies, I don't speak Talossan fluently. Could you please restate this in English? Thank you.

As Ladintsch Naziunál, I believe it's my job to make translations when citizens use the national language.

Quote from: Iac Marscheir on January 18, 2021, 11:28:38 PM

It is with great pride that I vote for option 1: an elected head of state. May our democracy be elevated!

First choice: option 1
Second choice: option 4

PROTECT THE ORGLAW FROM POWER GRABS - NO POLITICISED KING! Vote THE FREE DEMOCRATS OF TALOSSA
¡LADINTSCHIÇETZ-VOI - rogetz-mhe cacsa!
"IS INACTIVITY BAD? I THINK NOT!" - Lord Hooligan