Government Proposal on an Elected Head of State

Started by Miestră Schivă, UrN, February 02, 2021, 02:28:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Miestră Schivă, UrN

BE IT ENACTED by the Ziu, for the endorsement of the nation in referendum, that the Organic Law, Section II.3, shall be replaced in its entirety as follows:

Quote1. The King of Talossa shall be chosen by a Convocation of:

• eight MCs, chosen by the parties represented in the Cosa in proportion to their Cosa seats;
  • all Senators;
  • the Seneschál;
  • all Justices of the UC;
  • all provincial heads of government;
  • all officers of the Royal Civil Service;
  • all Talossans who have been a citizen for at least ten years
2. Every member of the Convocation shall have one vote. All the discussions of the Convocation will be open, but its votes shall be by secret ballot.

3. The Convocation shall be chaired by the Senior Judge of the CpI, or in their absence the next available CpI judge in order of seniority, unless the Convocation decides differently.

4. The Convocation shall assemble upon the 6th anniversary of a King acceding to the Throne, or at any time that there is no King.

5. The candidate who receives the expressed support of 2/3 of the Convocation shall immediately receive the title of "Heir Presumptive".

6. Upon the demise, abdication, or removal from the Throne of the King, the Heir Presumptive shall swear an oath promising to protect and uphold the Organic Law of Talossa and the rights of all its citizens, and thereupon become King of Talossa. If there is no Heir Presumptive, the Uppermost Cort shall be a Council of Regency until an Heir Presumptive is chosen.

7. Unless the King of Talossa is chosen as their own Heir Presumptive, they shall be deemed to have abdicated upon having served in that role for 7 years.

PROTECT THE ORGLAW FROM POWER GRABS - NO POLITICISED KING! Vote THE FREE DEMOCRATS OF TALOSSA
¡LADINTSCHIÇETZ-VOI - rogetz-mhe cacsa!
"IS INACTIVITY BAD? I THINK NOT!" - Lord Hooligan

GV

"in proportion to their Cosa seats": Cosa seats as of exactly when?

Miestră Schivă, UrN

As of when the Convocation is called, I assume - Ián, have I got this right?

PROTECT THE ORGLAW FROM POWER GRABS - NO POLITICISED KING! Vote THE FREE DEMOCRATS OF TALOSSA
¡LADINTSCHIÇETZ-VOI - rogetz-mhe cacsa!
"IS INACTIVITY BAD? I THINK NOT!" - Lord Hooligan

Ian Plätschisch

Quote from: Miestră Schivă, UrN on March 18, 2021, 07:21:29 PM
As of when the Convocation is called, I assume - Ián, have I got this right?
Yep