News:

Welcome to Wittenberg!

Main Menu

CBS - what do we need to measure?

Started by xpb, January 26, 2021, 09:04:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

xpb

To inform the formation of a Cézembre Bureau of Standards, what things do citizens desire to be measured, or to have formalized in discussion?

In the recent A13 Act to secure Homesteads on the Isle of Cézembre, the following was discussed

xpb

In the much earlier proposed but recently affirmed A10 It's About Time Act, Cézembre time was aligned with Central European Time. 

Considering that in a comparison of selected modern systems of numerals
Hindu-Arabic / Arabic    
1   /   ١   
2   /   ٢   
3   /   ٣   
4   /   ٤   
5   /   ٥   
6   /   ٦   
7   /   ٧   
8   /   ٨   
9   /   ٩   
0   /   ٠

One standard for digital clocks could be to use hindi-arabic numbers such as

and for 12 Hour analog clocks to honor Berbers by using arabic numbers (example is a clock I bought in Saudi Arabia)

and for official business to utilize a 24 hour analog system (example clock from my livingroom)

xpb

In previous times, prior to modification by The Great Reform (No 2: Finance) Bill
Title C, Section 6-8 on the Royal Bank and Post read
7.4. Talossan Currency. The currency of the Kingdom of Talossa shall be beer, which has been, and continues to be, thankfully and conveniently distributed worldwide.

I am seeking additional precise citations, but from recollection,

A Louis was at one point defined by the price of a US pint of domestic draft beer at a bar run by Fritz von Buchholtz and was equivalent to 59 bence (now rounded up to 60)

There is currenlty a fixed conversion rate is $1.50 USD per Louis, alhtough the Royal Bank & Post are selling ℓ5 brass coins at the discounted rate of $5 to raise funds for the treasury.

Given the concept that "a pint's a pound the world around"
using water density at a temperature of 10 C (a good mid-range for beer temperature between lagers and ales) with https://www.engineeringtoolbox.com/water-density-specific-weight-d_595.html of 8.3425lb per US Gallon, there being 8 pints in a gallon, thus 1.04 lbs per US pint,

Thus the CBS could consider the Louis to be a coordinated measure of mass, beverage, and currency and to establish appropriate conversion rates in the surrounding EU.

xpb

Examples:. My weight is around 200 louis, and I should stop spending 4 louis per louis size of craft currency in order to lose louis.