ID Card out of date

Started by xpb, February 04, 2021, 10:07:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

xpb

My ID card appears to be seriously out of date!  Who do I need to contact in  the Civil Service?

Béneditsch Ardpresteir

Wow!

One used to get ID Cards earlier?
Béneditsch Ardpresteir, Esq., O.SPM, PMPA
Squirrel King of Arms, Royal Talossan College of Arms; The Noir Eagle Herald
Member, Royal Talossan Bar; Vice Admiral, Royal Talossan Navy; Owner-Schneiderian Steels

Formerly:
Justice of the Uppermost Cort; Attorney General; Deputy Immigration Minister; Senator; Member of the Cosa; Undersecretary of State; Premier & Provincial Secretary, Maricopa; Chancellor of the O.SPM; Dean, RTCoA; Jolly Good Fellow

xpb

Baron Alexandreu Davinescu

Quote from: Béneditsch Ardpresteir on February 10, 2021, 08:53:17 PM
Wow!

One used to get ID Cards earlier?
I used to send them to any citizen who requested one.
Alexandreu Davinescu, Baron Davinescu del Vilatx Freiric del Vilatx Freiric es Guaír del Sabor Talossan

Bitter struggles deform their participants in subtle, complicated ways. ― Zadie Smith
Revolution is an art that I pursue rather than a goal I expect to achieve. ― Robert Heinlein

Kostya Shvidenko

If the crown relaunched this program in a different form, would there be interest?  His Majesty has the power to confer awards as a general matter, as well as arms, so perhaps a sort of armorial ID card might be in order?  It would be cool to not only have a photo but also a coat of arms on the card, after all.  And since I'm the one who did it last time, I have high confidence I could do it again.
Alexandreu Davinescu, Baron Davinescu del Vilatx Freiric del Vilatx Freiric es Guaír del Sabor Talossan

Bitter struggles deform their participants in subtle, complicated ways. ― Zadie Smith
Revolution is an art that I pursue rather than a goal I expect to achieve. ― Robert Heinlein

xpb

Quote from: Baron Alexandreu Davinescu on April 15, 2021, 10:09:48 PM
If the crown relaunched this program in a different form, would there be interest?  His Majesty has the power to confer awards as a general matter, as well as arms, so perhaps a sort of armorial ID card might be in order?  It would be cool to not only have a photo but also a coat of arms on the card, after all.  And since I'm the one who did it last time, I have high confidence I could do it again.

It would be great to have updated identification for the Kingdom of Talossa.

DixhetFira

I agree, if these were available I would be interested in obtaining one.

Glad to hear it, you guys! If I find my way into government next term, which obviously depends on who wins, I will make this happen. Otherwise, I will try to find some way under the auspices of another office or something.

Tierçéu Rôibeardescù

This will be one of the top priorities of the League of centre Conservative, a vote for us brings us closer piece Talossa you can hold in your hands.
Túischac'h of the 55th Cosa
MC, 55th Cosa, League of Center Conservatives
Secretary-General of the League of centre conservatives
Member of the L'Etats de Cézembre

Marcel Eðo Pairescu Tafial, UrGP

No matter who is in charge next month, make sure to redo the lettering. The Talossan text employed on the old ID cards is not only out of date since 2007 but also at times ungrammatical.
Editing posts is my thing. My bad.
Feel free to PM me if you have a Glheþ translation request!

el PARTI TAFIALISTÀ, voastra va facçal in la 56 58:téa Cosă.

Miestră Schivă, UrN

I have a few months to do something in the Interior portfolio, and ID cards seems to be a very basic thing that I can do. If I get a design, I can make a requisition of funds to get them printed, and liaise with the Chancery to offer them to all citizens.

PROTECT THE ORGLAW FROM POWER GRABS - NO POLITICISED KING! Vote THE FREE DEMOCRATS OF TALOSSA
¡LADINTSCHIÇETZ-VOI - rogetz-mhe cacsa!
"IS INACTIVITY BAD? I THINK NOT!" - Lord Hooligan

xpb

Quote from: Miestră Schivă, UrN on January 02, 2022, 03:05:38 PM
I have a few months to do something in the Interior portfolio, and ID cards seems to be a very basic thing that I can do. If I get a design, I can make a requisition of funds to get them printed, and liaise with the Chancery to offer them to all citizens.

It would be of interest to have simple ID cards, but with investigation for organizations that develop those may turn up some that can also provide camouflage / fantasy passports such as one I obtained for the time I was working in Saudi Arabia and traveling in the middle east.  This was not intended to be presented at any actual border, but perhaps to hand to the nice man in the balaclava holding an AK-47 representing a non-governmental organization.  These may be useful to Talossans both for personal enjoyment and also potentially for personal security, and are typically accompanied by other club membership cards (Whiskey and Science Fiction?) or peripheral documents (Royal Heavy Opera Benefactor? Maritiimi-Maxhestic Yacht Club slip permit?) and perhaps visa stamps from the various provinces or Péngöpäts.  My estimate that such could be developed for $50-$60 US as I believe the Conch Republic sells theirs for $100 as a fundraiser (which could be another purpose for this activity)

xpb

An interim step towards funding of IDs or Passports would be to get a custom stamp made (approx. $20) to issue Visas to the Kingdom of Talossa of a duration of 2 to 5 years (to make them reasonably durable) where the holder of one of these other documents could send them with a self addressed stamped envelope for return and charge say ℓ6¤25 or $10USD for processing (taking the stamp out and marking the document and putting it back in the SASE).  Perhaps some kind of coupon book from businesses in the GTA could be included if it is already printed and distributed at UWM or similar organizations.

I still have all the original designs for the ID cards that I made and distributed, back in the day. And there is still a seal stamp for the Secretary of State, somewhere out there. So basically all the assets that we would need still exist, and the funds are in the treasury. These discussions have come up quite a few times, and I have sent these files to your predecessors a few times before. Would it be helpful for me to send them to you, or do you already have them, or do you intend to just start from scratch? Happy to support however I can.