ID Card out of date

Started by xpb, February 04, 2021, 10:07:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Baron Alexandreu Davinescu

Just for reference, this is what they look like as JPGs.  I also have the original PSDs.  Not awesome, really -- I could probably do better these days.  But maybe a starting point.

Alexandreu Davinescu, Baron Davinescu del Vilatx Freiric del Vilatx Freiric es Guaír del Sabor Talossan

Bitter struggles deform their participants in subtle, complicated ways. ― Zadie Smith
Revolution is an art that I pursue rather than a goal I expect to achieve. ― Robert Heinlein

Miestră Schivă, UrN

I don't have those files on my work computer, possibly on my laptop, so please resend them. I can't see any reason why - if upon presentation to the Cabinet we like the design - we couldn't PD a request for funds and get them printed.

PROTECT THE ORGLAW FROM POWER GRABS - NO POLITICISED KING! Vote THE FREE DEMOCRATS OF TALOSSA
¡LADINTSCHIÇETZ-VOI - rogetz-mhe cacsa!
"IS INACTIVITY BAD? I THINK NOT!" - Lord Hooligan

Marcel Eðo Pairescu Tafial, UrGP

All I ask for is that the Talossan translations get updated, should we ever issue new IDs.
Editing posts is my thing. My bad.
Feel free to PM me if you have a Glheþ translation request!

Quote from: Marcel Eðo Pairescu Tafial on January 07, 2022, 08:36:29 PM
All I ask for is that the Talossan translations get updated, should we ever issue new IDs.
If you want to just slap the new translations in this thread, I'm happy to update the PSDs right now to make sure that gets done.
Alexandreu Davinescu, Baron Davinescu del Vilatx Freiric del Vilatx Freiric es Guaír del Sabor Talossan

Bitter struggles deform their participants in subtle, complicated ways. ― Zadie Smith
Revolution is an art that I pursue rather than a goal I expect to achieve. ― Robert Heinlein

Quote from: Baron Alexandreu Davinescu on January 08, 2022, 06:53:08 AM
Quote from: Marcel Eðo Pairescu Tafial on January 07, 2022, 08:36:29 PM
If you want to just slap the new translations in this thread, I'm happy to update the PSDs right now to make sure that gets done.

Regipäts Talossan

Identificaziun d'Ertreir

Această cartă certifia qe ça porteir isch ün citaxhien lexhital del Regipäts Talossan, es isch indreptescu à toct i drepts es privilexhuns d'acest statüs.

Certifiadă sub l'auþorità soveran da Sieu Maxhestà Rexhital, Regeu Ian Lupul.

Emestadă àl porteir par la Ministrà à Savanar da Talossa àls Ultra-Fiovaes Folăs del Regipäts Talossan es certifiadă par l'Óifisch del Secretar d'Estat.

Emestadă par:
Valáivel txusca:

Please excuse the wait, I was busy in the last 10 days.

Ián Tamorán S.H.

I am puzzled why the date on that card is for the eleventh day of the 28th month... perhaps using the ISO standard for dates would clarify this purely-USA confusion??
Quality through Thought
Turris Fortis Mihi Deus

Think the best, say the best, and you will be the best.

As I recall, I used what was the legal format at the time. I doubt anyone feels very strongly about it either way, and it makes sense for whoever works on this to change it on the redesign.

Okay, updated the PSDs.  I actually redid all the text layers with a more modern look, with a different monospace for name and ID number and updated SoS name.  Funny to think that I made the originals something like a decade ago!  Saved them as XCF.

Danihel Txechescu

Quote from: Baron Alexandreu Davinescu on January 20, 2022, 07:46:47 PM
Okay, updated the PSDs.  I actually redid all the text layers with a more modern look, with a different monospace for name and ID number and updated SoS name.  Funny to think that I made the originals something like a decade ago!  Saved them as XCF.
Thank you for sharing these files! It's a great starting point for collaboration.

Quote from: Danihel Txechescu on January 21, 2022, 12:05:30 PM
Quote from: Baron Alexandreu Davinescu on January 20, 2022, 07:46:47 PM
Thank you for sharing these files! It's a great starting point for collaboration.
I hope so!  It would be nice if there were some visual continuity between the editions, but also there's a huge amount of room for improvement.  I don't have an amazing design sense.  As I recall, you do -- maybe you want to take a crack at it?  I think we're in a situation right now where we should move forward where we have interest and ability, so it might be a good idea to give it a whirl even if no one important tells you to do it.

Miestră Schivă, UrN

Personally, I'm prepared to recommend these versions to Cabinet for immediate approval, with the exception that the last sentence on the reverse side should end "... His Majesty John I, King of Talossa."

PROTECT THE ORGLAW FROM POWER GRABS - NO POLITICISED KING! Vote THE FREE DEMOCRATS OF TALOSSA
¡LADINTSCHIÇETZ-VOI - rogetz-mhe cacsa!
"IS INACTIVITY BAD? I THINK NOT!" - Lord Hooligan

Quote from: Miestră Schivă, UrN on January 21, 2022, 05:51:53 PM
Personally, I'm prepared to recommend these versions to Cabinet for immediate approval, with the exception that the last sentence on the reverse side should end "... His Majesty John I, King of Talossa."
That's a good change.  Fixed.

"... His Majesty John I, King of Talossa."

"... Sieu Maxhestà Ian I, Regeu da Talossa" in Talossan.

Danihel Txechescu

I thought it was "King John" and not "King John I".

Quote from: Danihel Txechescu on January 22, 2022, 03:19:14 PM
I thought it was "King John" and not "King John I".
it's both, but the latter is more formal. He's the first King John! He would be the third King Robert, if that were his name, or the second King Florence.