l'Etats session 3, 8-15 March 2021

Started by xpb, February 17, 2021, 09:01:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

xpb

@Txosuè Éiric Rôibeardescù
@Ián Tamorán
@X. Pol Briga
@Ián S.G. Txaglh

The third instance of this legislative session is called for 8-15 March 2021.  Hear Ye Hear Ye Hear Ye let all with business before l'Etats bring their business in detail to this thread. 

Some possible topics shall be:

1. Ongoing business of the CLO Cézembre Land Office

2. Welcoming of immigrants under Statute E.7.10

3. Potential identification documents (possibly last issued 2012)

4. Formation of a CBS Cézembre Bureau of Standards

5. General discussion of actions of the Ziu

It may also be appropriate to introduce the concept of Vote of Confidence into the affairs of l'Etats should there be a desire for change in direction or leadership independent of any different election timeframe of the Ziu.

xpb

l'Etats is in session - there were no additional items added to the agenda, but they still may be.

If no other items are added, let us begin discussion of #1 CLO are there any new homestead requests?

xpb

Hearing no applications we move on to item #2 Immigration.
There is one candidate in the queue Shvidenko Коnstantin https://wittenberg.talossa.com/index.php?topic=623.0
This is informational only as that process has not been completed at the level of the Kingdom, but if there is any discussion or questions those can be addressed either here or in that thread, and all are encouraged to communicate with the candidate.

xpb

#3 are there any comments on prototype identify documents, such as the Cézembre Paßaphort/Passport/Passeport?

Ián S.G. Txaglh

just to show that i am alive and do care, but am also overwhelmed by the outside world (rhymes with "country for future" and "best in covid", not to mention a semester at full throttle).

i have no major comments to the proposals above except for:

ad 3) i would really consider if it would be an ID or passport, as miestra could be right and we cannot issue passports, if understood properly.

ad 5) unsurprisingly, as a former republican, i do not hold that tight on a king stuff, although as a peculiarist, i am not fundamentally against kingdom and suchs, but i have my reservations to the hereditary aspects. i would rather go for an elective king/queen as a head of state. i am from central europe, we used to elect kings and emperors, at least in the holy roman empire (and since approx XVIcc, estates also had to approve a new king in the kingdom of bohemian crown lands).

cézembre, kupředu pravá, zpátky ni krok!

xpb

Quote from: Ián S.G. Txaglh on March 16, 2021, 11:38:58 AM

just to show that i am alive and do care, but am also overwhelmed by the outside world (rhymes with "country for future" and "best in covid", not to mention a semester at full throttle).

i have no major comments to the proposals above except for:

ad 3) i would really consider if it would be an ID or passport, as miestra could be right and we cannot issue passports, if understood properly.

ad 5) unsurprisingly, as a former republican, i do not hold that tight on a king stuff, although as a peculiarist, i am not fundamentally against kingdom and suchs, but i have my reservations to the hereditary aspects. i would rather go for an elective king/queen as a head of state. i am from central europe, we used to elect kings and emperors, at least in the holy roman empire (and since approx XVIcc, estates also had to approve a new king in the kingdom of bohemian crown lands).

cézembre, kupředu pravá, zpátky ni krok!

Thanks for the note - it turned out I had a road trip from Dallas to Los Angeles with stops in New Mexico and Arizona on the way so I have been off the grid for a bit as well.

xpb

It appears this session dissolved due to the variety of time constraints on the seated members.  4. and 5. will be taken up in a future session, along with further discussion of the first 3 topics.