GV wants a coat of arms.

Started by GV, March 07, 2021, 09:39:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GV

For the moment: azure on a cross quadrafoil argent, but let's see it first.

GV

Quote from: GV on March 07, 2021, 09:39:20 PM
For the moment: azure on a cross quadrafoil argent, but let's see it first.

I'm not going to, at the moment, pick 'values' from a list of 'values', but I do realize I need to give you all some rationale:

Blue represents Houston Baptist University (my alma mater) as well as Rice University (my dad's and little brother's alma mater).  It also represents Christ as the 'living waters'.  Of course, the white cross is obvious, the quatrefoil ilk replicating a motif found throughout the worship space of my home church in Houston without being too 'evangelical-obnoxious', though the presence of a giant cross on my arms would be pretty obnoxious.

Blue to me also represents knowledge and wisdom.  White is another of my alma mater's colors (the third is orange) and is one of my high school's colors and one of the colors of both the U. S. and the State of Texas.

My goal is simplicity, and I thought about having just an azure shield and have done with it.  But I thought that would be too simple.

Another possibility would be argent on a cross quatrefoil gules or gules on a cross quatrefoil argent.  However, I much prefer 'cool' colors and also do not want arms with the color black.

Béneditsch Ardpresteir

Anyone from the College interested in designing? Or should I take charge?
Béneditsch Ardpresteir, Esq., O.SPM, PMPA
Squirrel King of Arms, Royal Talossan College of Arms; The Noir Eagle Herald
Member, Royal Talossan Bar; Vice Admiral, Royal Talossan Navy; Owner-Schneiderian Steels

Formerly:
Justice of the Uppermost Cort; Attorney General; Deputy Immigration Minister; Senator; Member of the Cosa; Undersecretary of State; Premier & Provincial Secretary, Maricopa; Chancellor of the O.SPM; Dean, RTCoA; Jolly Good Fellow

GV

Quote from: Béneditsch Ardpresteir on March 10, 2021, 07:30:56 AM

Yes, is anyone from the College around right now?   ;D

Béneditsch Ardpresteir

Quote from: GV on April 20, 2021, 11:24:22 PM
Quote from: Béneditsch Ardpresteir on March 10, 2021, 07:30:56 AM

I'll be taking up this project myself.

@GV
Just give me a few days to recover from the dreaded +ve status.
would put in my best to assist.
Member, Royal Talossan Bar; Vice Admiral, Royal Talossan Navy; Owner-Schneiderian Steels

Formerly:
Justice of the Uppermost Cort; Attorney General; Deputy Immigration Minister; Senator; Member of the Cosa; Undersecretary of State; Premier & Provincial Secretary, Maricopa; Chancellor of the O.SPM; Dean, RTCoA; Jolly Good Fellow

Miestră Schivă, UrN

Quote from: Béneditsch Ardpresteir on April 23, 2021, 09:13:35 AM

Yipes, did I hear you've got the COVID? I heard things were bad where you live.  :( Can Talossans do anything to help?

PROTECT THE ORGLAW FROM POWER GRABS - NO POLITICISED KING! Vote THE FREE DEMOCRATS OF TALOSSA
¡LADINTSCHIÇETZ-VOI - rogetz-mhe cacsa!
"IS INACTIVITY BAD? I THINK NOT!" - Lord Hooligan

Béneditsch Ardpresteir

Quote from: Miestră Schivă, UrN on April 23, 2021, 07:13:26 PM
Quote from: Béneditsch Ardpresteir on April 23, 2021, 09:13:35 AM

Yipes, did I hear you've got the COVID? I heard things were bad where you live.  :( Can Talossans do anything to help?

Azul !

Really thankful for the concern.

Me and my mother are fully recovered now and have finished off with the mandatory home quarantine period of 2 weeks. Still haven't been able to procure the -ve RT-PCR certificate because of the rush. Home collection facilities are practically at a standstill with waits for over a week; and I don't want to visit the Hospitals and risk being together with other infected persons.

It is said that the antigens take 21days + to develop and till it is fully developed to take care of the next 2-3 months, one is susceptible to infection again. So don't want to take the chance, and would rather wait for a week at least for the -ve report.

Anyways, Delhi is in a state of lockdown, on a week to week basis, for the last fortnight, so there's no rush to get out of the home.

As @Baron Alexandreu Davinescu knows, there's a milk and a vegetable vendor in my residential campus so everyday needs are taken care of. Nowadays, almost all essential groceries are delivered by numerous app-based companies. So, life's nearly sorted.

Was feeling extremely weak, and found it a hassle to keep the head straight up for more than a few minutes till last week. For the first time, I have opened the computer today. Had seen your post from my phone, but since am not logged in from the mobile, couldn't reply immediately.

Thanks again.

Hope others in Talossa stays healthy, fit and fine.

Dean BenArd

Formerly:

Baron Alexandreu Davinescu

Quote from: GV on April 20, 2021, 11:24:22 PM
Just wanted to check in and see if you still want to move forward with this, GV? I'm happy to help.
Alexandreu Davinescu, Baron Davinescu del Vilatx Freiric del Vilatx Freiric es Guaír del Sabor Talossan

Bitter struggles deform their participants in subtle, complicated ways. ― Zadie Smith
Revolution is an art that I pursue rather than a goal I expect to achieve. ― Robert Heinlein

Baron Alexandreu Davinescu

It is my conclusion that the applicant is no longer interested, and this application should be marked inactive.  It may be revived at any time, and someone will be assigned.
Alexandreu Davinescu, Baron Davinescu del Vilatx Freiric del Vilatx Freiric es Guaír del Sabor Talossan

Bitter struggles deform their participants in subtle, complicated ways. ― Zadie Smith
Revolution is an art that I pursue rather than a goal I expect to achieve. ― Robert Heinlein