The arms of R. Ben Madison

Started by GV, March 07, 2021, 09:41:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GV

I'm not sure if they are registered by the College or not, but if not, I suggest the College do so anyway.

If the King needs to somehow 'recognize' this to make it 'Talossan-legal', then that will be for him to determine.  I just want to be sure no-one else can have it other than Ben.

Ben made this graphic ca. 2001 when he put to Witt his (extant, I think) geneaology going back to the Counts of Toulouse!

Béneditsch Ardpresteir

Quote from: GV on March 07, 2021, 09:41:50 PM
I'm not sure if they are registered by the College or not, but if not, I suggest the College do so anyway.

If the King needs to somehow 'recognize' this to make it 'Talossan-legal', then that will be for him to determine.  I just want to be sure no-one else can have it other than Ben.

Ben made this graphic ca. 2001 when he put to Witt his (extant, I think) geneaology going back to the Counts of Toulouse!

The College has taken note of the same. It would be forwarded to the Squirrel King of Arms after some homework.

Sd/-
Dean BenArd
Béneditsch Ardpresteir, Esq., O.SPM, PMPA
Squirrel King of Arms, Royal Talossan College of Arms; The Noir Eagle Herald
Member, Royal Talossan Bar; Vice Admiral, Royal Talossan Navy; Owner-Schneiderian Steels

Formerly:
Justice of the Uppermost Cort; Attorney General; Deputy Immigration Minister; Senator; Member of the Cosa; Undersecretary of State; Premier & Provincial Secretary, Maricopa; Chancellor of the O.SPM; Dean, RTCoA; Jolly Good Fellow

Baron Alexandreu Davinescu

These are modified arms of the comte de Toulouse (Gules a cross clechy pommety and voided or).  Their blazon would be... Gules a cross clechy and pommety or, filled vert, I'd suppose.  They are a longtime symbol of Occitania and former Toulouse domains.  Robert Ben Madison cannot conceivably be the lineal heir to last comte de Toulouse, so he wouldn't be entitled to bear their symbol by right; are these different enough to pass muster as new arms?
Alexandreu Davinescu, Baron Davinescu del Vilatx Freiric del Vilatx Freiric es Guaír del Sabor Talossan

Bitter struggles deform their participants in subtle, complicated ways. ― Zadie Smith
Revolution is an art that I pursue rather than a goal I expect to achieve. ― Robert Heinlein

GV

Quote from: Baron Alexandreu Davinescu on February 12, 2022, 01:51:07 PM
These are modified arms of the comte de Toulouse (Gules a cross clechy pommety and voided or).  Their blazon would be... Gules a cross clechy and pommety or, filled vert, I'd suppose.  They are a longtime symbol of Occitania and former Toulouse domains.  Robert Ben Madison cannot conceivably be the lineal heir to last comte de Toulouse, so he wouldn't be entitled to bear their symbol by right; are these different enough to pass muster as new arms?

Inquiring minds want to know.  Thank you, AD, for this.

Baron Alexandreu Davinescu

There's no real answer without more information.  I can say that he's never been granted these arms as far as I know, not even by himself, so he wouldn't be entitled to bear them in Talossa.  And I can't imagine the College ever granting them in the future to anyone.  So if the idea was to prevent anyone else from having them, I don't think that's a worry.
Alexandreu Davinescu, Baron Davinescu del Vilatx Freiric del Vilatx Freiric es Guaír del Sabor Talossan

Bitter struggles deform their participants in subtle, complicated ways. ― Zadie Smith
Revolution is an art that I pursue rather than a goal I expect to achieve. ― Robert Heinlein