Mençéi nominations re-opened with my apologies - see new thread in this forum.

Started by GV, June 02, 2021, 01:25:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GV

[This is the original thread for 56th Cosâ Mençei nominations.  I've modified the thread subject to avoid a second thread declaring nominations closed and all-that. - GV]

As the first Clark will be in July (unless I'm completely fuzzled), I shall hereby and forthwith (and with no objection) appoint myself as 'Acting' Mençéi pending the election of a new one, or my return to office for this coming Cosâ.

Nominations for Mençéi for the 56th Cosâ are open until Wednesday 9 June 2021 2000 CDT at which point I will open voting.

I nominate myself for Mençéi for the 56th Cosâ. 

Welcome, one and all, to the Senäts for the 56th Cosâ!

GV, Mençéi in the 55th Cosâ

GV

Someone else, get your name into this process.  The possibility exists I may be in Cabinet this coming term and cannot serve as Mençéi.

Béneditsch Ardpresteir

Quote from: GV on June 05, 2021, 01:04:31 PM
Someone else, get your name into this process.  The possibility exists I may be in Cabinet this coming term and cannot serve as Mençéi.

In that case, I throw my hat in and nominate myself.
Béneditsch Ardpresteir, Esq., O.SPM, PMPA
Squirrel King of Arms, Royal Talossan College of Arms; The Noir Eagle Herald
Member, Royal Talossan Bar; Vice Admiral, Royal Talossan Navy; Owner-Schneiderian Steels

Formerly:
Justice of the Uppermost Cort; Attorney General; Deputy Immigration Minister; Senator; Member of the Cosa; Undersecretary of State; Premier & Provincial Secretary, Maricopa; Chancellor of the O.SPM; Dean, RTCoA; Jolly Good Fellow

GV

Nominations for Mençei are now closed with Béneditsch Ardpresteir and myself as the candidates.

Because I am to be in the next Cabinet, due to the Cabinet Code of Conduct as well as my own party's rules, I cannot be both Mençei and a Member of Cabinet at the same time.  Therefore, I am removing myself as a candidate for Mençei in the 56th Cosâ.

As Béneditsch Ardpresteir is the only other person to put their name forward for Mençei, and as nominations for that office are now closed, it is my happy duty to vote for and congratulate Béneditsch Ardpresteir, Mençei for the 56th Cosâ, there being no need for a proper round of voting with only one candidate.

It has been an honor to serve as presiding officer over this august body a second time.  I know Béneditsch will do a great job.

GV, former Mençei

Ian Plätschisch

Is it not proper to have a confirmation vote? I seem to remember this happening in the past.

Béneditsch Ardpresteir

Quote from: Ian Plätschisch on June 09, 2021, 12:20:07 AM
Is it not proper to have a confirmation vote? I seem to remember this happening in the past.

Am not averse to the idea. However, in that case, @GV will have to take the call, and preside over such voting if it takes place. In the alternate, the longest sitting Senator should preside only for the purpose of this voting.

Senator BenArd
(Mençéi elect?)
Béneditsch Ardpresteir, Esq., O.SPM, PMPA
Squirrel King of Arms, Royal Talossan College of Arms; The Noir Eagle Herald
Member, Royal Talossan Bar; Vice Admiral, Royal Talossan Navy; Owner-Schneiderian Steels

Formerly:
Justice of the Uppermost Cort; Attorney General; Deputy Immigration Minister; Senator; Member of the Cosa; Undersecretary of State; Premier & Provincial Secretary, Maricopa; Chancellor of the O.SPM; Dean, RTCoA; Jolly Good Fellow

Eiric S. Bornatfiglheu

Quote from: GV on June 02, 2021, 01:25:50 AM
Nominations for Mençéi for the 56th Cosâ are open until Wednesday 9 June 2021 2000 CDT at which point I will open voting.

So... why are nominations closed already?  It's currently 9 June 6:33.

I'll nominate myself, in this case.
Eiric S. Bornatfiglheu
Chisleu Bruno of the NPW
Senator from Benito

Sir Txec dal Nordselvă, UrB

Quote from: GV on June 08, 2021, 08:42:27 PM
Nominations for Mençei are now closed with Béneditsch Ardpresteir and myself as the candidates.

Because I am to be in the next Cabinet, due to the Cabinet Code of Conduct as well as my own party's rules, I cannot be both Mençei and a Member of Cabinet at the same time.  Therefore, I am removing myself as a candidate for Mençei in the 56th Cosâ.

As Béneditsch Ardpresteir is the only other person to put their name forward for Mençei, and as nominations for that office are now closed, it is my happy duty to vote for and congratulate Béneditsch Ardpresteir, Mençei for the 56th Cosâ, there being no need for a proper round of voting with only one candidate.

It has been an honor to serve as presiding officer over this august body a second time.  I know Béneditsch will do a great job.

GV, former Mençei

You closed this 24 hours early? Why?
Sir Txec Róibeard dal Nordselvă, UrB, GST, O.SPM, SMM
Secretár d'Estat
Guaír del Sabor Talossan
The Squirrel Viceroy of Arms, The Rouge Elephant Herald, RTCoA
Cunstaval da Vuode
Justice Emeritus of the Uppermost Cort
Former Seneschal

GV

Quote from: Dr. Txec Róibeard dal Nordselvă, Esq., O.SPM, SMM on June 09, 2021, 11:52:08 AM
Quote from: GV on June 08, 2021, 08:42:27 PM

GV, former Mençei

You closed this 24 hours early? Why?

Because I mis-read my own rules, that's why.  I will take care of this.

GV

Quote from: Béneditsch Ardpresteir on June 09, 2021, 03:08:22 AM
Quote from: Ian Plätschisch on June 09, 2021, 12:20:07 AM

Am not averse to the idea. However, in that case, @GV will have to take the call, and preside over such voting if it takes place. In the alternate, the longest sitting Senator should preside only for the purpose of this voting.

Senator BenArd
(Mençéi elect?)

I've gone ahead and done better than that: https://wittenberg.talossa.com/index.php?topic=920

Thinking yesterday was Wednesday, I ended things one day too soon.

Eðo Grischun

Eovart Grischun S.H.

Former Distain
Former Minister
Former Senator for Vuode