[Chancery] Electoral Commission - 56th Cosa General Election

Started by Sir Txec dal Nordselvă, UrB, March 27, 2021, 08:58:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sir Txec dal Nordselvă, UrB

Pursuant to El Lex B.13.2., it falls to me as the Secretary of State to establish an Electoral Commission. The relevant portion of El. Lex is below:

QuoteThe Electoral Commission shall be comprised of one Uppermost Cort justice to be appointed by the Cort, one Senator whose term will not expire at the conclusion of the Cosa term to be appointed by the Mençei, and one member to be appointed by the King upon recommendation of the Seneschal, pursuant to the following subsections. The Secretary of State shall be a permanent ex officio member of the Commission, and shall not be entitled to a vote nor affect quorum.

Therefore, I ask the the Regent @Sir Alexandreu Davinescu in consultation with The Seneschal, @Miestră Schivă, the Mençei @GV, appoint their chosen member.

I will consult as well with the Uppermost Cort to determine which member shall join the Electoral Commission.

As the next General Election is quickly approaching, I will need to consult with the EC to establish the rules of the election as soon as I can.

Dr. Txec dal Nordselvă,
Secretary of State
Sir Txec Róibeard dal Nordselvă, UrB, GST, O.SPM, SMM
Secretár d'Estat
Guaír del Sabor Talossan
The Squirrel Viceroy of Arms, The Rouge Elephant Herald, RTCoA
Cunstaval da Vuode
Justice Emeritus of the Uppermost Cort
Former Seneschal

Miestră Schivă, UrN

PROTECT THE ORGLAW FROM POWER GRABS - NO POLITICISED KING! Vote THE FREE DEMOCRATS OF TALOSSA
¡LADINTSCHIÇETZ-VOI - rogetz-mhe cacsa!
"IS INACTIVITY BAD? I THINK NOT!" - Lord Hooligan

GV

We're short on time, and I decided to take this gig myself this time.

REGENT: GV the Mencei recommends GV the Mencei to the EC.

GV, Fiôvâ

Quote from: GV on March 28, 2021, 08:39:21 PM
We're short on time, and I decided to take this gig myself this time.

REGENT: GV the Mencei recommends GV the Mencei to the EC.

GV, Fiôvâ

The King/Regent has no input on whomever is nominated by the Mençei. If you wish to appoint yourself, it is a done deal.
Secretár d'Estat
Guaír del Sabor Talossan
Cunstaval da Vuode
Former Seneschal

Baron Alexandreu Davinescu

Quote from: Miestră Schivă, UrN on March 28, 2021, 05:50:18 PM
I hereby recommend the Regent to appoint @Istefan Perþonest to the EC.

El Rexhaint sè Aireçù àl Ziu

Com'el rexhaint per la Coronă, perventüră apüntéu @Istefan Perþonest as ün cumiziuneir dal Cumiziun Electoral, es lo comandéu à servar el Legeu Orgänic es sieu Regeu àl miglhor da sieux capacitaes.

—  Sir Alexandreu, Rexhaint d'Ian Regeu
Alexandreu Davinescu, Baron Davinescu del Vilatx Freiric del Vilatx Freiric es Guaír del Sabor Talossan

Bitter struggles deform their participants in subtle, complicated ways. ― Zadie Smith
Revolution is an art that I pursue rather than a goal I expect to achieve. ― Robert Heinlein

As I don't speak Talossan fluently, I think this is officially appointing Istefan. Can someone confirm please?
Secretár d'Estat
Guaír del Sabor Talossan
Cunstaval da Vuode
Former Seneschal

Quote from: Dr. Txec Róibeard dal Nordselvă, Esq., O.SPM, SMM on March 31, 2021, 09:11:44 AM
As I don't speak Talossan fluently, I think this is officially appointing Istefan. Can someone confirm please?
Yes, it is.  Sorry, I should have included the English.  I have been trying to include Talossan as much as possible in my official duties.
Alexandreu Davinescu, Baron Davinescu del Vilatx Freiric del Vilatx Freiric es Guaír del Sabor Talossan

Bitter struggles deform their participants in subtle, complicated ways. ― Zadie Smith
Revolution is an art that I pursue rather than a goal I expect to achieve. ― Robert Heinlein

The members of the Electoral Commission have now been settled:

@Istefan Perþonest

@Gödafrïeu Válcadác'h

@Viteu Marcianüs

I will be consulting with the Electoral Commission to establish the rules for the upcoming General Election.

Dr. Txec dal Nordselvă,
Secretary of State
Secretár d'Estat
Guaír del Sabor Talossan
Cunstaval da Vuode
Former Seneschal

xpb

Question:

It being less than a week from the election, how may one access http://www.talossa.ca/files/citemails.php as a party leader?  Based upon Lex B.2.3 I need to send a message to prospective voters immediately such that they can join the Balançeu / Balance party list prior to the election to be compliant with the requirement, as some citzens may not be aware of TalossaNET and https://talossa.net/members/xpb/activity/439/ (which currently has 41 members) or perhaps have not even made the transition from talossa.proboards.com (which had 850+ users over time including prospective citizens) vs wittenberg.talossa.com (which has 90 members currently).

"As per 2.3 The ballot must also include, for each party contesting the election, a 50-word (or less) statement of the general aims and views of the party, and a list of citizens to whom the party intends to award Cosa seats. If a party does not submit a candidate list to the Secretary of State before the election, the party leader is assigned all seats won, and seats which cannot be held by the Party Leader are forfeited. (49RZ23) (53RZ22)"

Quote from: xpb on May 07, 2021, 09:04:12 PM
Question:

It being less than a week from the election, how may one access http://www.talossa.ca/files/citemails.php as a party leader?  Based upon Lex B.2.3 I need to send a message to prospective voters immediately such that they can join the Balançeu / Balance party list prior to the election to be compliant with the requirement, as some citzens may not be aware of TalossaNET and https://talossa.net/members/xpb/activity/439/ (which currently has 41 members) or perhaps have not even made the transition from talossa.proboards.com (which had 850+ users over time including prospective citizens) vs wittenberg.talossa.com (which has 90 members currently).

"As per 2.3 The ballot must also include, for each party contesting the election, a 50-word (or less) statement of the general aims and views of the party, and a list of citizens to whom the party intends to award Cosa seats. If a party does not submit a candidate list to the Secretary of State before the election, the party leader is assigned all seats won, and seats which cannot be held by the Party Leader are forfeited. (49RZ23) (53RZ22)"

As a party leader you should already have access to the list if you log in to the database. I've listed your party and set you as a party leader (a few days ago actually).
Secretár d'Estat
Guaír del Sabor Talossan
Cunstaval da Vuode
Former Seneschal

Txec, really good job so far with this election. There's a lot of moving pieces but you haven't dropped a one.

Thanks though I'm still in panic mode as it gets closer haha.
Secretár d'Estat
Guaír del Sabor Talossan
Cunstaval da Vuode
Former Seneschal

xpb

GV

Quote from: Dr. Txec Róibeard dal Nordselvă, Esq., O.SPM, SMM on May 08, 2021, 10:09:18 AM
Thanks though I'm still in panic mode as it gets closer haha.

You're doing great.  Any praise like this from someone with Alexander's competence in these sorts of things is a very nice feather in your cap.

When the election is done, I hope you will be able to begin a 'procedures list' for everything you do for when you eventually are no longer SoS (may that be many Cosâ elections away).