[Chancery] Preparing for the 56th Cosa General Election

Started by Sir Txec dal Nordselvă, UrB, March 27, 2021, 09:23:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Miestră Schivă, UrN

I am informed by citizen B. Higgs of Fiova, who is an IT professional, that there is a problem with SSL injection (or something like that?) with the automated Chancery emails, which gets them trashed by Gmail accounts in particular. I see that a majority of those who haven't voted yet have Gmail accounts. It may well be that Gmail spam detection has been "souped up" since the last election; if so, this means that bugs in the National Database (of great venerability) have gotten to the point where they are actively sabotaging Talossan democracy.

If I am part of the next Government, bringing the database into "present time" technically speaking, and integrating it with the National Webspace, will be a matter of very great importance.

(Of course, I have an alternative theory on turnout, and that is that the proliferation of barely-distinguishable centrist parties is just confusing less-active voters. Certainly the most clearly ideologically defined parties, the Free Dems and Balançéu, don't seem to be having turnout problems.)

PROTECT THE ORGLAW FROM POWER GRABS - NO POLITICISED KING! Vote THE FREE DEMOCRATS OF TALOSSA
¡LADINTSCHIÇETZ-VOI - rogetz-mhe cacsa!
"IS INACTIVITY BAD? I THINK NOT!" - Lord Hooligan

Sir Txec dal Nordselvă, UrB

I have sent reminders from the Chancery's regular email as well to remind voters of the election and to tell them to check spam if they didn't receive a ballot. I'm doing my level best despite the technical issues to get voters the information they need.
Sir Txec Róibeard dal Nordselvă, UrB, GST, O.SPM, SMM
Secretár d'Estat
Guaír del Sabor Talossan
The Squirrel Viceroy of Arms, The Rouge Elephant Herald, RTCoA
Cunstaval da Vuode
Justice Emeritus of the Uppermost Cort
Former Seneschal

mpf

Quote from: Miestră Schivă, UrN on May 31, 2021, 02:07:49 AM
I am informed by citizen B. Higgs of Fiova, who is an IT professional, that there is a problem with SSL injection (or something like that?) with the automated Chancery emails, which gets them trashed by Gmail accounts in particular. I see that a majority of those who haven't voted yet have Gmail accounts. It may well be that Gmail spam detection has been "souped up" since the last election;

Could I get more information? If I do, I might be able to fix it quickly.
Martì-Paír Furxhéir
Longuest serving Secretary of State
Senator for Ataturk
Creator of the mixtape exchange program:
https://wittenberg.talossa.com/index.php?topic=217.msg1299

mpf

And for the record, my wife, daugther and I all have gmail accounts and we got our ballots fine.
Martì-Paír Furxhéir
Longuest serving Secretary of State
Senator for Ataturk
Creator of the mixtape exchange program:
https://wittenberg.talossa.com/index.php?topic=217.msg1299

Baron Alexandreu Davinescu

Mine went to spam, just like last time.

I think that It is possible that voters are simply too confused to vote and choose an option, although that strikes me as an optimistic assessment that also has the benefit of completely excusing the incumbent Government from any responsibility. But on the other hand, it might be true! There are two joke parties and not a lot of information about most of them. It seems more likely that people have just become less interested in the country for any number of possible reasons, though.
Alexandreu Davinescu, Baron Davinescu del Vilatx Freiric del Vilatx Freiric es Guaír del Sabor Talossan

Bitter struggles deform their participants in subtle, complicated ways. ― Zadie Smith
Revolution is an art that I pursue rather than a goal I expect to achieve. ― Robert Heinlein

Miestră Schivă, UrN

Quote from: mpf on May 31, 2021, 06:57:29 AM
Quote from: Miestră Schivă, UrN on May 31, 2021, 02:07:49 AM
I am informed by citizen B. Higgs of Fiova, who is an IT professional, that there is a problem with SSL injection (or something like that?) with the automated Chancery emails, which gets them trashed by Gmail accounts in particular. I see that a majority of those who haven't voted yet have Gmail accounts. It may well be that Gmail spam detection has been "souped up" since the last election;

Could I get more information? If I do, I might be able to fix it quickly.

"There's SSL mismatched content on the page, SSL validation breaks partially with this, it'll help delivery if link destinations are all perfect. 🙂" - Brad

PROTECT THE ORGLAW FROM POWER GRABS - NO POLITICISED KING! Vote THE FREE DEMOCRATS OF TALOSSA
¡LADINTSCHIÇETZ-VOI - rogetz-mhe cacsa!
"IS INACTIVITY BAD? I THINK NOT!" - Lord Hooligan

Eiric S. Bornatfiglheu

Eiric S. Bornatfiglheu
Chisleu Bruno of the NPW
Senator from Benito